Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yates puts too much faux enthusiasm into his speech when he is using the autocue, really looks like he's hamming it up for the camera.. But otherwise, when off the autocue, a very solid performance ...

God he's terrible on the autocue..... mmm Sarah McInerney .. lol, he's just called her Sarah Carey ..

She looks a bit like a member of the Travelling community tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

sarah carey?? jaysis, and she's on the morning show on newstalk a fair bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

God he's terrible on the autocue..... mmm Sarah McInerney .. lol, he's just called her Sarah Carey ..

I was hoping Sarah Mc would jump up and roar at him

"What did you call me?!! Say my name ...." :)

Agree about the autocue, he is dreadful using it, but very polished otherwise.

Maybe they should let him deliver an unscripted opening monologue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Don't the presenters read only about two lines on the autocue? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Sarah McInerney .. lol, he's just called her Sarah Carey ..

I thought i imagined that.
    She's probably fuming. :pac:

"Low hanging fruit" who thought of that phrase and who thought it was appropriate to use it in this context!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

"Low hanging fruit" who thought of that phrase and who thought it was appropriate to use it in this context!

The high hanging bombs are left...

Yates is very good, apart from the autocue as pointed out. Is he still doing the Morning Show on Newstalk this week on top of his TV stint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

He has come on a lot over the years. I remember he was complete rubbish when he started on Newstalk originally. I'd like to see TV3 use him and Ger Colleran in a few current affairs programmes. Can't be worse than those vulgar documentaries they make about crime and welfare.

I thought i imagined that. She's probably fuming. :pac:

It was an awkward one for her ... cos he had such a loooooonngg lead in (having said the wrong name), it may have seemed petty of her to correct him... Ridiculous mistake for Yates to make though..

• Advertisement

Well it's probably inaccurate in that the government makes cuts on the basis of which decisions will hurt them and their party the least... as opposed to having the courage to make cuts on the basis of fairness or morality..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    He has come on a lot over the years. I remember he was complete rubbish when he started on Newstalk originally. I'd like to see TV3 use him and Ger Colleran in a few current affairs programmes. Can't be worse than those vulgar documentaries they make about crime and welfare.

Considering they gave Nora Owen a gig as Mastermind Presenter, they could surely use Ivan now and then.It would keep VinB on his toes, too.

Skid wrote: »
    Considering they gave Nora Owen a gig as Mastermind Presenter, they could surely use Ivan now and then.It would keep VinB on his toes, too.

He could do with the money as well.. He's in a lot of trouble financially with his venture into bookmaking.. I would agree with you though.. Aside from his amateur dramatics when reading the autocue, he's a very good presenter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Overall Ivan has been very good this week so far, the best Guest presenter probably due to poor competition.
    Benchmarking again, more useless tasks for civil servants to undertake.
    If they don't know already then what were they doing over the last 10 years of Benchmarking analysis.

No bother to Drumm.

I thought Michael Martin looked fairly pathetic today, both with his comments on the Presidency and on Bertie Ahern...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭baldbear

Banks are doing secret deals on mortgages? News to me. I thought every one knew.

I'm looking forward to this TV3 documentary on FF! It starts next Monday by the way.

They can follow you into the grave, is that why they were called zombie banks?:p

I'm looking forward to this TV3 documentary on FF! It starts next Monday by the way.

I heard Philip Boucher Hayes saying today that the Mahon Tribunal's releasing of it's finding was imminent ? What happened with that? I guess the only thing we can be certain of is that we will be seeing a lot of Bertie in the media for the next fortnight..

• Advertisement

I heard Philip Boucher Hayes saying today that the Mahon Tribunal's releasing of it's finding was imminent ? What happened with that? I guess the only thing we can be certain of is that we will be seeing a lot of Bertie in the media for the next fortnight..

/rubs hands with glee :pac:

Of all the people responsible for the economic Celtic Gobsh1te crash that we are immersed in, I would consider David Drumm public enemy number 1.... He was pulling 90K a week from Anglo up to Sept 2008, (that's post the St Patrick's Day massacre of the Anglo shares, and definitive indications of their demise) ...

Had I been in Brian Lenihan's position in 2008, I would not have put one penny in to Anglo without taking Drumm's passport, and the passports of all the Anglo management, and not allowing them on any Anglo premises without being accompanied by Government staff..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I'm not. TV3 do documentaries like FF do Goverments

D1stant wrote: »
    I'm not. TV3 do documentaries like FF do Goverments

The Dublin Tenaments programme was excellent.

Good performance by Yates tonight.. He's better on the autocue as well... I would prefer him over Vincent tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Really good show tonight, excellent debate. I agree, Yates is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Really good show tonight, excellent debate. I agree, Yates is very good too.

It is a very good debate...but feck it - I believe both Fintan O'Toole and Pat Rabitte!

The thinking man's Cassie :pac:

Maybe its time for FF to expel Bertie, just in time for the tribunal results.

• Advertisement

I have Tubridy's first question for Friday Night...

"Sinead, did you think of now embarrassing it would be for your kids (in school), when you wrote those Sunday Times articles about your sex life?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement