Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It also really annoys me the way that they like to say.. Ah, shur Brian Crowley didnt have a hand in wrecking the economy, cos he wasnt in the Cabinet.. He voted with the party whip for every irresponsible budget, legislation, policy .. etc etc.. So he is as guilty as the rest of the members of the party..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

oh dear god... O'Rourke again on to tell us everything that went wrong now that she is out of office.. It's a pity she wasnt so outspoken when she and her Cabinet were driving the country off the edge of a cliff..

She does my head in.
    There's a real elephant in the room feeling with Carey presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's moved on now from Pro-life to being Pro-Choice and/or Anti-Choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I have to say I find this show a joke with Carey in the presenters seat. Is this her ex-Boss attempting to rehabilitate Carey career in the national media?

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I have to say I find this show a joke with Carey in the presenters seat.

Yeah, that Prime Time video of her laughing it off as if she was a schoolgirl caught kissing a boy behind the bike shed is sickening.. I'd say it also limits how beligerrent she will be with any journalists that appear on the show this week, as she may fear that they would fire "that which should not be mentioned" right back at her..

• Advertisement

Yeah, that Prime Time video of her laughing it off as if she was a schoolgirl caught kissing a boy behind the bike shed is sickening.. I'd say it also limits how beligerrent she will be with any journalists that appear on the show this week, as she may fear that they would fire "that which should not be mentioned" right back at her..

I thought Fionn looked close to flipping a remark back at her but then it would just descend into pro FG journo against pro FF journo.

Without Norris, Gaybo, Dana, a FF candidate, this is going to be one boring campaign. I expect an extremely low turnout of around 40%.

The papars need to find something else to talk about.

Jesus, she's managed to piss off more guests than Mary Wilson on a good day.. She'd want to be careful about her whole "This is all made up by the media to sell papers" allusions or Fionnán ask her some serious questions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

i would have voted for brian crowley. Havent a clue now. no one appeals

Charlie Flanagan doesn't seem to be a chip off the old block.

• Advertisement

Gagging Order on the Bishop... inappropriate much

Couple of Denis O Brien stories would liven this up. :pac:

"We don't need details"

Finally, some talk on Libya. The real story of the week.

O' Rourke duly getting the dig in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I think Sarah Carey is very easy on the eye. Nice rack

Mary O'Rourke really makes me sick.. She expects that she should be beatified for giving up one of her many pensions and her booted out TD's compensation... I mean I can see how one-term politicans like Paul Gogarty might need a few quid to tide him over (which he builds his music career :-) ) .. but FF lifers like her have pulled enough money from the State that they dont need more than their six figure pension.. She should have been means tested before even being considered for such compensation..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I think Sarah Carey is very easy on the eye. Nice rack

She is hot but better with the sound down.

I wonder has Sarah Carey ever considered asking for forgiveness herself..

Constantin doesnt look happy tonight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Vinnie is ripping the piss. How long is he off for.... someone is covering for him again next week.

• Advertisement

sollar wrote: »
    Vinnie is ripping the piss. How long is he off for.... someone is covering for him again next week.

It is ridiculous and it's not just Browne... It seems anybody who has a show that carries their name has license to just fk off for two months every summer.... Finucane, Kenny, Dunphy, Tubridy, Browne.. the list goes on, and still the show is advertised with their name, even when they are not presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Constantin doesnt look happy tonight..

Constantin has'nt looked happy since Bertie told him go and commit suicide(when the dog on the street knew Constantin was right) :mad:

It is ridiculous and it's not just Browne... It seems anybody who has a show that carries their name has license to just fk off for two months every summer.... Finucane, Kenny, Dunphy, Tubridy, Browne.. the list goes on, and still the show is advertised with their name, even when they are not presenting.

And we have a government who fked off for 3 months while the IMF run our bankrupt country. how is this tolerated?? :confused:

I think this whole debt forgiveness thing is very difficult to work out.. It is another thing that could be exploited by the morally deficient.. I think that is the worst thing about the collapse of the economy.. It seems that everybody who has no conscience or morals end up in the best situation... Anybody who tried to do business properly, and take personal and moral responsiblity for their actions... they are the ones who come out of this whole mess the worst..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I think this whole debt forgiveness thing is very difficult to work out.. It is another thing that could be exploited by the morally deficient.. I think that is the worst thing about the collapse of the economy.. It seems that everybody who has no conscience or morals end up in the best situation... Anybody who tried to do business properly, and take personal and moral responsiblity for their actions... they are the ones who come out of this whole mess the worst..

I know they've been dismissing the whole moral hazzard thing a lot tonight, basically saying that things have gone too far and we just have to get over it.

To me eye it's the same old story - the people in the middle will be the ones to pay for all this crap.

The people at the bottom - help them fair enough. The people who overstretched themselves (keeping up with Jones') will have a lump knocked off their mortgage.

The people in the middle who (if they're lucky) are working and paying the mortgage (at a struggle) will be left on their own!

"Money changes behaviour"

Is she speaking from personal experience.... I wont see this, so for the last time shame on TV3 for allowing her to present the show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

sollar wrote: »

Bumped into him last week and he said Monday fortnight, so Ivan is on next week then Vincent is back.

Definately think Mario should do the show for a week..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Nice to see Constatine getting a slap over his previous over estimates on the size of the mortgage problem. Not much of a reply either... Who was that chap with the glasses? - seems to have a good handle on the issue

• Advertisement

D1stant wrote: »
    Nice to see Constatine getting a slap over his previous over estimates on the size of the mortgage problem. Not much of a reply either... Who was that chap with the glasses? - seems to have a good handle on the issue

Constantin had based his figures up until 2020 though??
    The figures bandied about tonight are just present figures.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement