Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,070 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Late Late story there for Tubs people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Late Late story there for Tubs people.
    missed that bit. what's the craic? he gonna get sacked (please god, please)

ArtSmart wrote: »
    OMG. you're that journalist? wow . welcome. so tell me, who spilled the beans? cos i dont remember you saying who in the article.

g'wan, tell us.
    you sure it wasnt a couple of Shane Rosites having a bit of sport?

or maybe twas a dream.

do 'senior ministers' speak to you in dreams?

like in the movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

ArtSmart wrote: »
    OMG. you're that journalist? wow . welcome. so tell me, who spilled the beans? cos i dont remember you saying who in the article.

g'wan, tell us.

Fair enough, no sources were named.
    Admittedly he's probably not labour's biggest fan but Fionnan Sheahan is a respected enough political reporter, in fairness to him.
    All i said was it made interesting reading.

Fair enough, no sources were named.
    Admittedly he's probably not labour's biggest fan but Fionnan Sheahan is a respected enough political reporter, in fairness to him.
    All i said was it made interesting reading.
    oops, pre posted. interesting? the indo slagging off labour? interesting in the sense that it took them 3 months, ha ha .funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I guess Gilmore will now join Enda Kenny and Bertie Ahern's exclusive 'I don't want to be in the same room as Vincent Browne' club.

I guess Gilmore will now join Enda Kenny and Bertie Ahern's exclusive 'I don't want to be in the same room as Vincent Browne' club.
    i'd love to see gilmore and vinny at it, and not some poor labour nobody.

ohh, to be a fly on that wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Very clunky intro tonight from Vincent.. Took about twice as long as it should have.. And you could hear the prompter shouting Byrne Wallace in his ear when he forgot who the German lawyer works for..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No countries have defaulted since World War II

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Family_Fortunes_-_Wrong_Buzzer.html

Very interesting stuff from Peter Browne... Particularly his assertion that Greece WILL default and Sarkozy will be forced to bail out one of his banks..

• Advertisement

Can you just pass along the papers there....lol.. two of them crouched over one paper like the picture round at a table quiz....

Vincent making a lot of mistakes again tonight.. Again I think things run a lot more smoothly with Ivan Yates steering the ship..

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Vincent making a lot of mistakes again tonight.. Again I think things run a lot more smoothly with Ivan Yates steering the ship..

Didn't see Yates... he couldn't have been as polished as Ganley surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

mossyc123 wrote: »

Yates was much better than Ganley.

He is a natural at this, and Vincent should raise his game before TV3 give Ivan the gig full time.

mossyc123 wrote: »

Ganley was good too.. But Yates, after a few days getting the hang of the autocue, was better than Ganley imo...

Vincent is shown up as being slow, stuttering... deliver is clunky and doesnt flow... he has a tendency to be very petty and to go off on complete tangents... And on a show where you are only 90 seconds away from the next break, that's a serious inhibition to getting clear and relevant answers from your guests...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Ganley was good too.. But Yates, after a few days getting the hang of the autocue, was better than Ganley imo...

Vincent is shown up as being slow, stuttering... deliver is clunky and doesnt flow... he has a tendency to be very petty and to go off on complete tangents... And on a show where you are only 90 seconds away from the next break, that's a serious inhibition to getting clear and relevant answers from your guests...

But the pestering and the hectoring of politicians and the absolute refusal to take anything other then a contrary view of any issue... he has skills that no other presenter has IMO.

I'd take that over smooth delivery any day of the week.

Are you a tv critic?

VB says about ten words on the autocue, it's not as if the programme uses it frequently. So what if he's not "fluent" on it.

VB is letting the guests discuss the matter. Very interesting tonight. The priest is deluded again.

That priest is probably the worst representative the Church could have possibly sent up to TV3 studios.... The arrogance, piety and complete denial... He represents everything that was/is wrong with the Church..

Fair play to Fine Gael on standing up to them...

VB says about ten words on the autocue, it's not as if the programme uses it frequently. So what if he's not "fluent" on it.
    It's not specifically with the autocue I'm talking about .. it's more his very slow delivery of the questions.. with loads of "eh.. emm.. ehh.. eemm" .. in the same way that Dara O'Briain does.. like I said, the thing flows better and has more immediacy with Yates or Ganely hosting..
    Very interesting tonight. The priest is deluded again.
    Hey, we finally agree on something.. I'm gonna print this out and frame it.. :)

Finally a minister not clouded by their own religion in this matter.

• Advertisement

That will-you-pass-the-Newspapers-to-each-other business is very clunky.

They should go to the break and then distribute the papers to the guests before they come back.

But Shatter is Jewish.. not Catholic..
    They should go to the break and then distribute the papers to the guests before they come back.

It's simple when you think about it really.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Obfuscation and smoke and mirrors from that cleric. Fair dues to Shatter - but they still don't seem to get it - its about CHILD protection. Mandatory reporting can't come soon enough to end the depradations of them b a s t d s. :mad: Our kids are entitled to the protection of the law - bring it on I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

/Wonders if Brian Cowen retirement had anything to with the drop in sales.

The point is that he's not Catholic, hence he's not biased, the way previous ministers were. See Michael Woods, the 2002 deal.

That's the whole point, Jon.

He is not in awe of the Bishops, as he practices a different religion.

Although to be fair, Enda Kenny tore strips off the Vatican in his Dail speech - more than any Western leader, Catholic or otherwise, has ever done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

What the servants of the church did was terrible, but did you know that the same abuse happens in the home and happens there to a much higher extent as well. What amazes me is, why no big fuss in the media about this? is it because there's no money out of it? or is the story too near the bone for the people, the journalists, the media to cover? Very strange when you think of it. Bash the church, but what about guardians and parents? I'd love to see the papers, tv, radio, etc, take this one up, give it the same coverage as the church scandals. Vincent might do it.
    We're a dirty old nation in what we do to our vulnerable people, a very scary race. What the hell are we "really" thought of abroad? People might feel scared of us around children when they find out we're Irish and by god, we're not helping ourselves, that's for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Although to be fair, Enda Kenny tore strips off the Vatican in his Dail speech - more than any Western leader, Catholic or otherwise, has ever done.[/QUOTE]

A pity he couldn't back it up with facts when he was asked. Of course some clergy did terrible things, not all of them though. Let's see what exactly our politicians will really do, really really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Skid wrote: »

Although to be fair, Enda Kenny tore strips off the Vatican in his Dail speech - more than any Western leader, Catholic or otherwise, has ever done.

A blowbag riding the wave that was already crashing down on the church.
    You'd swear the way some people were talking about him that he was some sort of sole crusader.
    As headmaster said, let's see what he has got beyond words.

• Advertisement

headmaster wrote: »
    What the servants of the church did was terrible, but did you know that the same abuse happens in the home and happens there to a much higher extent as well. What amazes me is, why no big fuss in the media about this? is it because there's no money out of it? or is the story too near the bone for the people, the journalists, the media to cover? Very strange when you think of it. Bash the church, but what about guardians and parents? I'd love to see the papers, tv, radio, etc, take this one up, give it the same coverage as the church scandals. Vincent might do it.
    We're a dirty old nation in what we do to our vulnerable people, a very scary race. What the hell are we "really" thought of abroad? People might feel scared of us around children when they find out we're Irish and by god, we're not helping ourselves, that's for sure.

The Catholic Church is a large institution that engaged in the act of covering up the abuse of children, they covered it up. So even if it was only a minority invovled in the abuse itself, a good lot were involved in the cover up. A shameful and disgraceful act from an institution that frequently makes statements on the way people should run their lives, in particular their sex lives.

Do you not see the significance of it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement