Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

My boyfriend is going away to Africa with school for 3 weeks and its going to be the longest I've ever gone without seeing him/speaking to him in like 6 months...and I'm in bits about it, I'm the sort of person who cant deal with missing people :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I think I'm hungover. I don't drink! This isn't even possible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

My socks are wet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Sick, wrecked and confused. Bed here I come, if I get woken up again tonight heads will roll.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Despite not touching a drop during RAG week, I feel worse this morning than I would if I'd been on the batter for the past four days.

Turns out being woken at 2:30am and kept awake until 4am by a combination of your housemates slamming doors, incessant ringing of the doorbell, two of your housemates having a blazing row, and a neighbour who spent about an hour standing on his balcony shouting things like "HEY PRETTY LADY! WANNA HAVE INTERCOURSE?!" is not conducive to a good night's sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I think I'm hungover. I don't drink! This isn't even possible :(

That's happened me a few times after nights out. I think it's just a combination of extreme dehydration and irony. :pac: Pint of water before bed is the 'cure'. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Togepi wrote: »
    That's happened me a few times after nights out. I think it's just a combination of extreme dehydration and irony. :pac: Pint of water before bed is the 'cure'. :P

Also some types of nonalcoholic beer give you the symptoms of a hangover the following day. I remember one time having a few cans of it and the next day getting the bad headache and the nauseousness. I screamed at the cans This wasn't part of the deal, damn you! This wasn't part of the deal!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My friends are ridiculous. We have less than three months of school left and they decide that now they're gonna have some massive schism. And there's like two groups and everyone's mad at each other and I'm just stuck in the middle trying to be friends with everyone. Like ffs now the next while is gonna be terribly awkward, and I'm gonna have to walk on eggshells to avoid getting caught up in it. Stupid girls.

Also aaaaah I had my mock Irish oral today and aaarrgghhh. I am perfectly capable of speaking Irish tbh, in fact I'm probably good at it, but then I walk into an oral and royally feck it up. Tenses? Lol what are they? Reamfhocal? Nope never heard of 'em. Aaaarrgghhh, I want an A1 in the real Irish oral but whatever I got today must be miles away from that. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to learn from the experience...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Why people show up at parties uninvited and then stay even when they've been told to leave is beyond me. You don't even have a clue who the person the party is for is, why would you show up!

Some people are pure idiots.

The one night I actually want to do something and I'm sick. Fuck saaake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I feel crap and weak and I can't stop coughing for more than 2 minutes. And I've slept for like 5 or 6 hours over the last two nights... End of term exams start tomorrow week, and I have done 0 study for them because of all these stupid society commitments and my own rubbish time management. There's 4 subjects, plus an essay, plus stupid reflective log things... Aghhh I hope I feel better tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I hate society commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'm literally not able to fit everything I need to do into the time space I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Been so unproductive all day. WTF is wrong with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Lord gorramighty, some people really need to learn to entertain themselves. What gives you the right to badger me until I hang out with you? Makes it a chore rather than something fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Seriously need to get back into a proper sleeping pattern. I feel like I'm going to kill myself from lack of sleep and doing do much my body can't keep up. And when your so tired you start hallucinating I think it's long gone past the time of throwing on the towel. Such a horrible feeling all this no sleep. One whole week is just insane.. Can't wait to go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Jesus, I am so tired of ridiculous analyses of English literature in college. You're trying to tell me that a waterfall jutting out of a rock face is a symbol of the protagonist's newfound unbridled passion for life?
    Here's a novel idea (pardon the pun):perhaps it's just a waterfall that has existed for hundreds of years before this book was written and will continue to do so long after we're all dead. Imagine that!

I wish college didn't ruin so many books that would probably be enjoyable otherwise. I'd give up going if we didn't have an exam on this stupid material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Lecturer just went of on a ten minute rant about how sharing lecture notes outside of college websites is an invasion of her privacy and she's apparently talking to her solicitor because some people have been recording lectures which she thinks is illegal (it's not). Like literally all we did was ask to have a way of accessing notes since the lecturers for this module can't get their heads around blackboard.
    Someone has a seriously case of unwarranted self importance, her lectures aren't good enough to interest anyone not sitting in an exam on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Slow Show wrote: »
    Also aaaaah I had my mock Irish oral today and aaarrgghhh. I am perfectly capable of speaking Irish tbh, in fact I'm probably good at it, but then I walk into an oral and royally feck it up. Tenses? Lol what are they? Reamfhocal? Nope never heard of 'em. Aaaarrgghhh, I want an A1 in the real Irish oral but whatever I got today must be miles away from that. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to learn from the experience...

Irish mock oral went poorly as well. Got a sraith pictiur I didn't know very well, and while it didn't feel great, the low mark she gave me at the end of it seemed unwarranted. I was aware it wasn't worth full marks or anything, but the marks I was awarded seemed arbitrary.

WARNING, RANT AT EXAMINER:
    Yes, I am aware of one grammatical mistake I made in the tuiseal ginideach during it, which you stopped me to correct mid-exam (way to break someone's stride), and yes, you interjected basic words which I would have produced myself if you had given me half a second to think where I was going with the sentence instead of jumping on every single half-second pause. I've been to Irish College three times. I'm almost fluent, so sorry if I didn't feel the need to learn off a long, flowing paragraph without pauses for something I can, and have been doing adequately on the spot for months. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Got given a sample program to base our lab assignment on this week.

Instead of following the general layout of previous weeks, it completely goes mental and starts throwing things all over the place. Now, normally I wouldn't bitch about this, because I'm fairly decent at reading code, but FFS, when you name all your variables some abstract name (e.g xthethab) then please, please, PLEASE put in a bloody comment explaining what it's for! Don't expect me to trace through over 300 lines of code trying to figure out where it's used!

You're supposed to be teaching us, it's hard to learn when you just throw stuff and don't explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

61% in my French written mock. Granted, I did absolutely no study for it (no exaggeration) but I had thought I had done a wee bit better than that. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Left a steak out defrosting for food when I came home after drinking. SOMEONE ATE IT

I have so much work to do I don't even know where to start :(

I think I may just curl up in a ball in a dark corner for the weekend.

Beats facing reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Being the genius I am, I forgot my keys and I'm just sitting outside my house and it's sooooo cold. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Bah... after being full-sure I could take next Thursday off college (since it's going to be difficult to get into the city), I remember that I have an appointment with the counsellor which, because of the Bank Holiday and Easter holidays, cannot be rescheduled to another day. Well and truly annoyed, so I am!

So so sleepy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I am done with life and men and relationships and yeah. And people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Not being able to talk to the only person I've ever really cared about for 21 days is slowly killing me inside.. I told myself I would just get on with my life, and it would pass faster, but instead I find myself reading over our conversations, looking through photos and occasionally crying... this isnt that hard, or a massive deal, why am I making it so hard for myself...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Casually browsing your peers on LinkedIn is a terrible idea. I'm now feeling horribly inadequate and full of regret.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement