Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Slow Show wrote: »
    This is gonna be such an embarrassingly whingy 'woe is me' post but I can't help it, why do bad things always happen to me? :( I was actually writing a load of melodramatic ****e there but yeah OK probably a better idea to backspace that but GAH, I've spent hours upon hours studying for this whole Leaving Cert business, grand, I've put in more hours preparing for some stupid test that you weren't even supposed to be able to prepare for and actually feeling like I was progressing and getting better at stuff and life in general and somehow some massive wave of chilled-outness came over me and I felt calm, I felt ready. Then BAM, every pathogen ever and my immune system decided to join together and make some attempt to destroy me. And for the last week and a half I've been sick and showing no signs of getting better, like I genuinely seem to still be at the point of getting worse with every day that passes. And I have to sit this stupid HPAT on Saturday and things are just not looking good.

I dunno guys. I really don't. All I know is that I really, really want to do well in this and be a doctor 'cos I've realised it's all I want to do and I think I'd be fairly good at it tbh. If I have to give it another go in a year I will but it just feels so unfair that this is happening now. And for all my previous chilled-outness I'm stressed and praying I'll feel better soon and trying not to cry. :(

Not even gonna read over this and I'll probs delete it, hopefully at a time when I can be like 'Oh Emmz, you were so silly, everything was fine!' but now I need to vent.

Listen to me, ok? Breathe in and out. Tomorrow, lots of green tea, no coffee. Stick to veggies and chicken when you can eat.

AND REMEMBER THIS

I know three people who went for med last year. Two were repeating, one wasn't. The two who repeated got it, love it, and are both convinced that it would have been a disaster had they had it last year because they're more mature for the workload.

Don't worry about it. You're putting the work in, just do your best and that's all anyone can ever ask of you. There's always postgrad med if you decide not to repeat. Doors are wide, wide open for you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sigh... laptop looks to be dying now. Battery's already screwed, fan working overtime (even after a thorough clean), and now a nice square of dead pixels. Probably coming to the point where I'll just have to do an Ol' Yeller on it and move everything to the new machine. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Urghh hate school, urghh dont wanna go back. Its so boring and stupid
    Urghhh woe is me

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

So the doctor actually grimaced when he looked at my throat today. I guess that means that my throat is fecked.

On the bright side, I'm going home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Hahaha oh fuck. Meant to get up at 6am, am only awake 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Listen to me, ok? Breathe in and out. Tomorrow, lots of green tea, no coffee. Stick to veggies and chicken when you can eat.

AND REMEMBER THIS

I know three people who went for med last year. Two were repeating, one wasn't. The two who repeated got it, love it, and are both convinced that it would have been a disaster had they had it last year because they're more mature for the workload.

Don't worry about it. You're putting the work in, just do your best and that's all anyone can ever ask of you. There's always postgrad med if you decide not to repeat. Doors are wide, wide open for you.

Spending my day relaxing and, while it's hard to tell as I haven't done anything more strenuous than leaving the couch for food, I think I'm feeling a good bit better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

I HATE SCHOOL UGGGGGH! I'd rather just do my leaving cert right now and leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I love how the same people who ignore me half the time are all over facebook with things like 'if anyone's depressed or suicidal they can talk to me.' Fuck off. How can you expect someone to open up to you when you only act like a friend when it suits? You only offer help to people at their lowest, but you could stop someone from feeling so shit in the first place by just being there. And it just makes me so annoyed because they don't even realize; sometimes I might want to talk to you. But I can't because it would be devastating to open up and then have you go back to normal when you think I'm all better. It would be just like secondary school again, when my friends found out I self-harmed and made a big show of hugging me and telling me they cared, then forgot all about it the next day and it was never mentioned again.
    Is it so much to ask that you don't just care about your friends when its obvious they're in pain, but just fucking care about them all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

A girl on my Facebook referred to Green Day as 'metal'.

Just why. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

could have been worse she could have called them punk :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've mysteriously developed a cut on the palm of my right hand. Tis stinging like mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So, instead of having a lecture today (because there was only 3 people in the class), our lecturer was talking to us about 3rd and 4th year of the course.

Apparently, the 3rd year project and work placement have a fairly significant contribution (30%) towards the award we get when we graduate. I did not know this fact, and I really wish I didn't know this fact - I'm stressed enough as it is with 3 projects on the go at once (one of which is a team project that, for the most part, I will have to do alone) over the next few weeks, and the last thing I need to be worried about right now is 3rd year stuff... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just finished reading 1984 and I can't help but feel like my soul has been crushed just a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I don't know what I'm at, at all, at all.
    Shifted a guy in my class. Can't be arsed doing any of my college work and I have a ****ty ass job which is so much effort given it's minimum wage.

F U LIFE

I forgot how difficult it is to hang out with people with Aspergers. One of my best friends has it, and I love him to bits. But it's so difficult being around him, because he doesn't know boundaries. Thinking it's ok to kiss my cheek and rub my arm and I'm too embarrassed to say anything else.

Ugh. Like I know it's not his fault but argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Pretty sure that trying to format my FYP is not meant to be more frustrating than actually writing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Today has been a self loathing day!

Today, there was a piece of sleep stuck to my eyeball.

For a good three or so hours I writhed around in pain trying to get it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

What am i doing with my life ughhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Apart from Spain being a good place to live, on Sundays there are absolutely no shops or good restaurants open. Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh headwreck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

No. No I do not want to finish this lesson plan. It can fcuk off and die a slow, painful, child enabling way.
    I know what I want to teach but I have zero motivation to write down what it actually is.

AGH ALL OF THE WHYS.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

anirishlad wrote: »
    What am i doing with my life ughhhhhhh

I ask myself this every single day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    Apart from Spain being a good place to live, on Sundays there are absolutely no shops or good restaurants open. Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh headwreck!

Europe takes Sunday off.

Europe takes Sunday off.

I know, I tried explaining to some europeans, how most shops in Ireland are open on a sunday and they just can't get their heads around the concept.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    I know, I tried explaining to some europeans, how most shops in Ireland are open on a sunday and they just can't get their heads around the concept.

Odd how continental Europe is held up as being so much more forward thinking than us backwards-under-the-boot-of-teh-Cat-Licks-Irish, yet if I wanna buy a tracksuit from Michael Guineys I can do it any day of the week damn it!

Now who's progressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Today is only half over and it has already been a tremendous waste of Oxygen.

I hate being right about things I don't want to be right about.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Odd how continental Europe is held up as being so much more forward thinking than us backwards-under-the-boot-of-teh-Cat-Licks-Irish, yet if I wanna buy a tracksuit from Michael Guineys I can do it any day of the week damn it!

Now who's progressive!

They think it's better that way:rolleyes: They say We all need a day off. I bet they don't say that when they forget to buy milk, bread or a packet of cigs on the saturday night.

Progressive my *rse!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

So, after seeing off a pretty crappy week in a pretty crappy fashion, here's to a pretty crappy Monday to get the new week off to a less-than-stellar way. I feel kinda bad for making one of these vague posts, moaning about everything, but I feel slightly less bad for refraining from swearing through it all.

Haven't felt this crap in a long, long time.

Ugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Two can play at this game!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement