Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Would usually pronounce it that way myself. Not even remotely American by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Same. It sounds more like "day-sha" when I say it though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Would usually pronounce it that way myself. Not even remotely American by the way.
    Nope there's definitive a fake American accent in the way she drags out the dayyy part. Incredibly obnoxious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's midnight and I'm still in college. Kill me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

One of my posts in the Radio forum got read out on radio this morning...

The tone he read it in makes me sound like a twat. :(

And before ANYONE says it, yes, yes, yes, 'Ugh, I think it was the words you posted that make you sound like a twat.'" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Took 5 hours to get home from college today. Normally takes 1.5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

College. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    One of my posts in the Radio forum got read out on radio this morning...

The tone he read it in makes me sound like a twat. :(

And before ANYONE says it, yes, yes, yes, 'Ugh, I think it was the words you posted that make you sound like a twat.'" :P

I actually heard that bit, I wouldn't worry about it Foley is a bit of a d*** anyways. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lawliet wrote: »
    I hate this lecturer we have right now. Even the tiniest things are driving me mental. Like how she pronounces data: you're not American stop saying it as dayyyy-ta!

Dahta sounds stupid, Day-ta is the superior pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dahta sounds stupid, Day-ta is the superior pronunciation.
    You guys really aren't getting this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lawliet wrote: »
    You guys really aren't getting this.

Im going to bring this up with my Grammer Nazi. If memory serves me correct i got a full on lecture about it saying it wrong. Dahta is very much a bad Irish thing. Believe me when your saying the word about 40-60 times wrong to an executive your going to have a very angry face looking back at you and your going to feel like an idiot. :pac: Even though i still use it incorrectly.

Weather i get your point or not im not sure but over time the Irish have picked up bad English habits and sometimes even though they are weird the american way of saying things is the correct way of saying things. I wonder whats the correct UK English way of saying DATA(is it AYY or AHH that the Irish use for 'A')
    i use AYY, because Ahh is the way its said Auf Deutsche

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Think I've just realized why I feel so **** and have for the past few months. Pressure. I can not deal with pressure. It's horrible to think everything I do now effects my life in the future. I had my time to grow up, but I never did. Now that I realize my downfall, at 3 in the morning, I sit here wanting to give up on everything. I'm wasting potential and a great opportunity out of sheer worry. The next few weeks are a slippery slope, making me or breaking me.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

marko93 wrote: »
    Think I've just realized why I feel so **** and have for the past few months. Pressure. I can not deal with pressure. It's horrible to think everything I do now effects my life in the future. I had my time to grow up, but I never did. Now that I realize my downfall, at 3 in the morning, I sit here wanting to give up on everything. I'm wasting potential and a great opportunity out of sheer worry. The next few weeks are a slippery slope, making me or breaking me.

/rant

Hey. Samaritans are amazing if you just need to vent. (likewise Boards!!) There's an email service too if you think you'd express it better that way. Absolutely fantastic, non-judgemental service - it really helps. http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

I'm guessing from your username you're maybe in Leaving Cert? Maybe you're in college? Either way, try not to be so hard on yourself. Everyone messes up from time to time. You're not alone. Hang in there.

I hate preachy stories, but my Leaving Cert did not go okay first time. I was absolutely gutted. It was a **** time. Jump forward, 3 years later I'm doing what I love, surrounded by people who had challenges of their own too. Kids early in life, no money, depression, holding down awful jobs, etc.

I'm not trying to belittle your problems. I'm sorry it's rough right now.
    Just realise that everyone struggles from time to time. (even people you know, people who seem to have it all together!) We're human. You're not alone! Don't give up!

Whatever it is, break it down into small pieces. You're going to get there, a better point in the future. You will.

/rant

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

MCR. </3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I read this and thought "what the heck is No. 1 Ned talking about?!"

Hey now, I was here first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Study Month is gunna suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I absolutely, despise being ignored, specially when you can see the person has read the messages you sent them. If you don't want to talk to me, tell me and I'l leave you alone. Simple. Don't be a coward and ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My perfume is driving my nose up the wall and I'm not bothered to go and wash it off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Kind of a trivial thing but I just found out the new Evil Dead movie's "18's"
    Being young has its downsides.....looks like I'll have to sneak in....

The ONE FILM I WANTED TO SEE!

Kind of a trivial thing but I just found out the new Evil Dead movie's "18's"
    Being young has its downsides.....looks like I'll have to sneak in....

The ONE FILM I WANTED TO SEE!

as if anything labelled 18's ever stopped minors :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Jhcx wrote: »
    as if anything labelled 18's ever stopped minors :pac:

I would pass for 18...my height lets me down though. Damn my short parents.

Trying to stay awake knowing if I sleep now I will be awake before midnight. Argh I hate this setup

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Regret not choosing schoolboys match </3 :(

Damit, I've kinda boxed myself into a corner. I was browsing perusing fb page last night and decided to look into the course they are doing and wouldn't you know it i kinda like it. this puts me in a bit of a awkward situation because of where i am at the moment in my career path and the fact do i really really really want to go back to college. Theoretically if it was to all plan out it would mean that i would finish my work contract and possibly be able to start college at the same time. But i would like to keep working and personally i dont know how to work around that. even though the course im interested in benefits the job i would be in. ah. this is not really an arrgh but more or an awkward position rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I cannot get over the amount of lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Ugh, I hate this project so much. Whenever I try and get some work done at it, simply looking at the bloody thing pisses me off and makes me just want to not do it at all :mad: However, since this is the only module I have where I have to pass CA in order to pass the year and our lecturer doesn't give us any feedback on how we're getting on throughout the year, I can't really ignore it...

I overslept and just woke up, my phone was on silent, my parents were freaking out and I missed an assignment deadline. Cranking out bull**** to try to submit via internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Wrecks my head when people start getting thick with you because of your opinion on something >.<

Left my ben and jerry's in the freezer. Someone in the house ate it. ARGH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I am a moron and I've been able to dedicate 4 full days (not to mention the past few weeks before the other exams) to tomorrow's 50% exam, but I've managed only to skim over 1 half of the lectures. I failed the last Continuous Assessment of last year as well, and that shouldn't make it okay, but somehow, I'm going with it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement