Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

84% in physics. 1% off an A. One mark more likely.
    No worse feeling than an 84%

Hahahahaha. As a teacher I can tell you, we do this on purpose.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

SarahBeep! wrote: »

It it:

a) To motivate the student to keep working harder, rather than getting complacent?

OR

b) To get some sick, masochistic pleasure from the frustration of teenagers? :P

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It it:

a) To motivate the student to keep working harder, rather than getting complacent?

OR

b) To get some sick, masochistic pleasure from the frustration of teenagers? :P

A little from column A, a little from column B....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A little from column A, a little from column B....

Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Remember those Drumcondra tests in National School for english and stuff? Well one day in sixth class during break, we found an unlocked filing cabinet, and inside were our results. I had got 99.9% in [I think] my 4th class one. SICKENING.

Although, the feeling I had when I saw the "F" on my results at Christmas was probably a worse feeling now that I think of it though. :P

I think those Drumcondra tests are done by percentiles against people of your age group rather than the actual amount of stuff you got right! The highest you CAN get is 99.9% in that case.

- AtomicKoala, making people feel better about themselves all day erry'day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think those Drumcondra tests are done by percentiles against people of your age group rather than the actual amount of stuff you got right! The highest you CAN get is 99.9% in that case.

- AtomicKoala, making people feel better about themselves all day erry'day.

♫♫♫I'm the best, around!♫♫♫
    ♫♫♫Nothin's gonna ever keep me down♫♫♫

Is what I would be singing if I was back in 4th class. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Craig Doyle. I probably don't need to elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My holiday with my boyfriend went way too fast, as all good holidays do!:(

And the rain is just depressing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Twitter. Wat

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Every time anyone talks about our maths paper 2 they make me realise more things I screwed up.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Joe never did that to us on our tests last year :)
    Obvs hes just a great teacher in every aspect... Ive no how this post reminded me of him but now it has and I miss him..
    Damnit Sarah :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Friend I was meant to see today didn't come. Gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

My wisdom teeth are coming up arrrrggghhhh :(

My wisdom teeth are coming up arrrrggghhhh :(

Awh I hate that, mine wreck every so often and it feels like they've been coming through forever - I remember them hurting when I was 13 and every so often they still hurt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Everyone is going on J1s and holidays to Ponsa and loadsa abroad stuff.

And I'm stuck here. With money that needs to be saved for college next year that could be used for such better immoral purposes :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Never posted in this thread before but I feel the need to complain!:p Beginning to feel that I've wasted my summer. I'm certainly not going abroad (no money for that, blah blah need money for college blah) and I haven't actually done anything interesting since my exams finished. I'm worried that when I go back to college I won't feel I've enjoyed the break! :( Although all these feelings could just be a result of the horrendous bad weather we're having!:o

Never posted in this thread before but I feel the need to complain!:p Beginning to feel that I've wasted my summer. I'm certainly not going abroad (no money for that, blah blah need money for college blah) and I haven't actually done anything interesting since my exams finished. I'm worried that when I go back to college I won't feel I've enjoyed the break! :( Although all these feelings could just be a result of the horrendous bad weather we're having!:o

Awww Hey bbz :*
    Welcome to C&H like.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE I POST HERE.

much love <3

And was our movie day not interesting enough? I am deeply hurt.

Awww Hey bbz :*
    Welcome to C&H like.

DO NOT TELL ANYONE I POST HERE.

much love <3

And was our movie day not interesting enough? I am deeply hurt.

Won't tell a soul!:) It was, but I feel like I should be doing something interesting every day or else it's a summer I've wasted. If only I wasn't too lazy! :P

Won't tell a soul!:) It was, but I feel like I should be doing something interesting every day or else it's a summer I've wasted. If only I wasn't too lazy! :P

you live down the road.. MAKE PLANS WITH MEH.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I thought my college results were out yesterday for some reason, but they're actually out on Monday. Damn it UL, stop dragging out my misery!

Also, I've just been reminded about the failure letters that they send out.. I'm not expecting one, but just the thought of potentially getting one always sets me on edge.

Anxiety-filled weekend here I come!

• Advertisement

I thought my college results were out yesterday for some reason, but they're actually out on Monday. Damn it UL, stop dragging out my misery!

Also, I've just been reminded about the failure letters that they send out.. I'm not expecting one, but just the thought of potentially getting one always sets me on edge.

Anxiety-filled weekend here I come!

Im right there with you. We do our exams BEFORE everyone else yet get our results AFTER everyone else.

36470m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Im right there with you. We do our exams BEFORE everyone else yet get our results AFTER everyone else.

I think we finished earlier and we still haven't got our results yet! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

36470m.jpg

4th of July mine are out :rolleyes: Now thats what you call late results! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

4th of July mine are out :rolleyes: Now thats what you call late results! :(

The time is going way too slowly:( I'd rather know sooner than later if I've to spend a chunk of my summer locked up in the library again for any repeats!

Hopefully it won't come to that though.

you live down the road.. MAKE PLANS WITH MEH.

Haha sometimes I actually forget that you do! :p I would, I just thought I'd be boring! :o

I dunno... just feeling very... :( today for some reason. :\

First-preference applications for Trinity School of Maths are up eighty percent.
    Eighty percent.
    *dies*
    (So far I've moaned about this on facebook, twitter, to my parents, and in LC Off-Topic, and it's still going strong! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It is impossible to find good links for Game of Thrones, I've only seen one episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

First-preference applications for Trinity School of Maths are up eighty percent.
    Eighty percent.
    *dies*
    Only crazy people do maths in Trinity

*runs away*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Lawliet wrote: »
    Only crazy people do maths in Trinity
    Is true, the sane ones go to UCD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement