Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Still haven't checked my results - blissful ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm not sure why I'm treating C&H as LC Forum #2 but I'm gonna say that all this talk of the exams being made less predictable is scaring me. Geography was awful by the sounds of things so maybe the SEC are actually doing this. I mean, I know them being too predictable is probably bad and I'd have been all for actually applying your knowledge in the past but the thought of q1 on Chemistry not being a titration or q1 in Accounting not being a final account is rather unsettling tbh. :/

Also SO TIRED. Need it to be tomorrow night so I can relax blissfully for a whole thirty-six hours. Need sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You don't have to force appreciation of a poet. Usually, questions are worded so that you can either agree or disagree with them. So if a question came up saying "Derek Mahon's style is epic lols. Discuss yo'." you'd get as many marks for arguing that his subject matter is out of touch, disinteresting to today's youth, etc than you would for arguing the opposite. People don't realise that if you can back up your argument they have to give you marks, even if it's against the popular view.

/tangent

Argh: I can't remember the last time I've actually had an intelligent conversation with a real person. I think I'm going insane.

I do realise that mahn, it's just so much easier to study a poet when you actually like them. That's where the Plath bandwagon came out of in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Slow Show wrote: »
    I mean, I know them being too predictable is probably bad and I'd have been all for actually applying your knowledge in the past but the thought of q1 on Chemistry not being a titration or q1 in Accounting not being a final account is rather unsettling tbh. :/

I don't know will the changes be that drastic...like for accounting, it would be more like if a Manufacturing Account usually comes up every 3 years, now you'd be less sure that it would stick to that "rule" and instead might come up 2 years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Slow Show wrote: »
    Not even going to entertain the possibility of Hopkins being decent though, his poems have names like 'God's Grandeur' and 'Thou art indeed just, Lord, if I contend'. Oh but wait, he also has a poem called 'I wake and feel the fell of dark, not day'. That sounds wonderfully depressing!

I don't think I've ever seen a poet as depressed as Hopkins. In one poem he's praising the beauty of spring, then he's cursing the human race and then he's practically suicidal....downward spiral tbh.
    We have only done him and Bishop to be fair but still give me her "Filling Station" any day. I've only ever done one Plath poem but I still have major love for her and seeing as she didn't come up this year we'll definately be doing her (according to the teacher anyway) <3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't think I've ever seen a poet as depressed as Hopkins. In one poem he's praising the beauty of spring, then he's cursing the human race and then he's practically suicidal....downward spiral tbh.
    We have only done him and Bishop to be fair but still give me her "Filling Station" any day. I've only ever done one Plath poem but I still have major love for her and seeing as she didn't come up this year we'll definately be doing her (according to the teacher anyway) <3

Ever read Kavanagh? He was the original angsty bastard. If C+H was around in those days, he'd have been posting in argh more than me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

How could I have done this to a person?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Legs haven't been this knackered since my Penneys days. Standing up all day is quite a....feet.

several_bad_puns_later_1_2603.jpg
    (Props if you read that in a zwarthay frawnch acksawnt, mad propz.)

I really need to get a job as a writer or artist or something, this whole 'using your body for movement' thing really isn't my bag, baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ever read Kavanagh? He was the original angsty bastard. If C+H was around in those days, he'd have been posting in argh more than me. :pac:

I preferred angsty Kavanagh to his 'Oh look at that lovely stick!' phase tbh. I called parts of Lines Written on A Seat childish in my paper 2 essay, lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Kavanagh is a beast, always loved Epic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lawliet wrote: »
    Kavanagh is a beast, always loved Epic

"Gods make their own importance."

One line to justify everything I've written since I first read that poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Decided to completely restart my iPad on thursday night and it won't connect to the WIFI since. I feel so frustrated with it that i could cry, why oh why did i have to restart it. Nothings is working for it :( why am i so bad with technology and no one around is willing to even help!!!

Yeah i know extremely petty thing to be frustrated over.

I had 1 hour sleep last night. Not being able to sleep for hours is fun. 10 hours of work now is even more fun.../o\

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I had my first, college-related "I'm a failure" dream of the year last night. (Hoping that use of bad phrasing is not indicative of my dream coming true). And so it begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've to do a 10 minute presentation on my work placement tomorrow. I haven't a clue what to do for it and I'm working later. Bah.

I feel so sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Getting a bit tired of boards, all the forums I frequent are quiet, no craic to be had at all, so I think I've had enough of this now for a while....bye-bye :(

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I feel so sick :(

This has only gotten worse :( vomiting and all, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Aoifey! wrote: »
    This has only gotten worse :( vomiting and all, ugh.

SNAP! I don't even feel too bad but i cannot stop getting sick!! Horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Spending the whole evening trying to sell bloody concert tickets at the last minute when I need to study for Irish Paper 2 which is first thing tomorrow morning! :mad:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Descended into a Wikia abyss at around 7pm, and only now has the number of tabs I've open been brought back to under 10...

Results in an hour and 3 minutes :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Teacher of mine from a few years back died today after having been ill for a few years.

Hadn't heard of his health situation for a while, my friend was asking me whether I had heard anything about him just last week. Bit of a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I had a parcel waiting for me in the post office and the rain had stopped, so I thought, sure we'll get the bike out, it's not raining.

Two minutes out the door it POURED, and continued to pour. 5km there and 5km back.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I had a parcel waiting for me in the post office and the rain had stopped, so I thought, sure we'll get the bike out, it's not raining.

Two minutes out the door it POURED, and continued to pour. 5km there and 5km back.

:(

And then typically, as soon as you got back, it stopped raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

And then typically, as soon as you got back, it stopped raining.

Yes. And it hasn't started again either, it's still grand outside. :mad:

Jesus Christ, there is STEAM coming out of my laptop!?! :eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Jesus Christ, there is STEAM coming out of my laptop!?! :eek: :(

Do any of your clothes need ironing?? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So, so sleepy.. Im like prying my eyes open since 2pm.. Apart from the bit where I did act go asleep but they I woke up tireder..
    Dayummm Summa u ment 2 b cray

• Advertisement

I actually have no idea what to do for the rest of the night... the internet has never been so unappealing as a time-waste option...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement