Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sorted out my 21st and people are either out of the country,at a show or busy.seems like it could just be me and a cake....:(

Can I have cake?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorted out my 21st and people are either out of the country,at a show or busy.seems like it could just be me and a cake....:(

It's probably really sad that I think a night alone with a nice cake is actually an enticing prospect...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

My mum bought my brother his first phone today for his birthday, but when it wouldn't connect to the network he was a bit upset, so I called meteor and they said that the SIM we were given had been cancelled. And that seemed totally silly so I got annoyed and wrote an email to Carphone Warehouse complaining. But I kinda feel guilty now! It was a bit condescending and sarcastic. Dunno what I was thinking! Stupid! I'm tempted to write them an apology!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

So my friend turns 18 tomorrow, he's having a small gathering in his house with just me, him, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's friend. It looks like I'm being expecting to....make friendly with the friend even though I have no desire to. Looks like I'm in for an awkward night.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

So my friend turns 18 tomorrow, he's having a small gathering in his house with just me, him, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's friend. It looks like I'm being expecting to....make friendly with the friend even though I have no desire to. Looks like I'm in for an awkward night.
    Get da shift, be grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Get da shift, be grand

Just noticed your sig. As it turns out I'm going for Portugal!

Tomorrow, 7.45. It's on. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

wnolan1992 wrote: »

It's probably really sad that I think a night alone with a nice cake is actually an enticing prospect...
    I'd probably eat the whole thing if i was left unattended.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Can I have cake?
    Aisling dosent share food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aisling dosent share food!!!

Ill trade cake for cookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Finished my LC today and nothing happened. Now I'm sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Ow. Everything hurts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Starting to contemplate my life after looking up "What lists to make" on google...
    Also theres too much stuff in this world that I want and Im just not gonna have them all </3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

SChique00 wrote: »
    Feelin' fat.... :(
    GAHH BLAST YOU, FLIMSY WILLPOWER! XP

I swore to myself yesterday that from today on I would only eat healthily as I'm feeling like a slob the last few days!:o What does may mum do today? Made flapjacks! How can I possible NOT eat one..........or four. :o I have zero willpower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I swore to myself yesterday that from today on I would only eat healthily as I'm feeling like a slob the last few days!:o What does may mum do today? Made flapjacks! How can I possible NOT eat one..........or four. :o I have zero willpower!

I'm the exact same - asked the mother to go to Lidl for fruit and veg so I can make meself a few meals and not resort to mindless eating, and what does she come home with? Cherry bakewells and scones........ *slaps head*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

So this shop I had an interview with last week is being really annoying. In the interview I was told training would start this week if my references checked out. Heard nothing all weekend, so on Monday I email the manger to find out what the story was, and was told they wanted to take me on but they hadn't checked my references yet. On Wednesday I woke up to an email saying they'd lost all my detail and could I send them on again and training would start at the end of the week, emailed them my details again, no reply so I emailed to check they'd received them. The manged replied saying she was on it, but I've heard nothing from them today.
    I mean ffs they keep saying they want to hire me and the references are from what I gather just a mandatory 'make sure he's not a psycho' thing, how fucking long does that take? I want to go home for the weekend, but I don't want to email them again to make sure they're not planning this elusive training for the weekend. Eurgh it's just so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lawliet wrote: »
    So this shop I had an interview with last week is being really annoying. In the interview I was told training would start this week if my references checked out. Heard nothing all weekend, so on Monday I email the manger to find out what the story was, and was told they wanted to take me on but they hadn't checked my references yet. On Wednesday I woke up to an email saying they'd lost all my detail and could I send them on again and training would start at the end of the week, emailed them my details again, no reply so I emailed to check they'd received them. The manged replied saying she was on it, but I've heard nothing from them today.
    I mean ffs they keep saying they want to hire me and the references are from what I gather just a mandatory 'make sure he's not a psycho' thing, how fucking long does that take? I want to go home for the weekend, but I don't want to email them again to make sure they're not planning this elusive training for the weekend. Eurgh it's just so frustrating

Wait.....HE?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Wait.....HE?!?!
    Typo, I'm still female!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lawliet wrote: »
    Typo, I'm still female!

Just had a total wtf moment!! Had I thought you were a girl when you were actually a boy this WHOLE time :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Tonights plans fell through.
    AH FML.

Next week is looking optimistic. And this weekend looks set for a money making weekend. Which shall fund said plans for next week.

So this is an aaargh and a ya. But at present I am sad about the downfall of tonight. It'd be all just a buncha leaving certs anayways I guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Had plans for tonight because of finishing the leaving but said people decided to go out without me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I don't know what to think, who to believe or what to do at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Yesterday my iPod brokeafter almost four years. Like you always hear of people that break their iPods, but you never think such a thing can happen to you. I'm devastated. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

My back is so sore, I suppose it's what I get for reading with my feet propped against the wall. Hope I don't have to lift heavy things tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

In sooth, I know not why I am so sad,
    it wearies me, you say it wearies you,
    but how I caught it, found it, or came by it
    what stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born,
    I am to learn.

The update! (of my favourite Shakespeare quote!)
    I learned, it's because I say the most embarrassing things regularly, to people I see regularly, and then I forever associate that person with my shame.... Gah ! :o Time to block out another moment I never want to relive! :rolleyes:

Palytoxin wrote: »
    In sooth, I know not why I am so sad,
    it wearies me, you say it wearies you,
    but how I caught it, found it, or came by it
    what stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born,
    I am to learn.

This has gotten me thinking, I actually know, and enjoy, a lot of Shakespeare quotes, AAAARGH :D:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Palytoxin wrote: »
    This has gotten me thinking, I actually know, and enjoy, a lot of Shakespeare quotes, AAAARGH :D:pac:

Just putting it out there, I fúcking love King Lear (the play, not the guy smart arses).

Best thing about the JC and LC English is probably forced Shakespeare study.

Argh: Head... sore... so sore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Thought the LC would make me hate Hamlet but it's still my fave
    "Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, and thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale with the pale cast of thought" <3

I never did King Lear, but we had some craic slagging each other with Hamlet quotes, and dropping little nuggets of Shakespearean wisdom into random sentences, especially in other subjects! :D The Merchant of Venice was class too, my father did it for his inter cert (back in the day! He's 49) and I did it for the Junior Cert, and he can still quote long paragraphs from it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

macbeth 4lyf yo

Measure for Measure is a smashing read too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

That is all I remember from the Merchant of Venice. I was thinking of reading Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead but I'm not sure how I feel about reading a play for recreational purposes...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement