Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Dundrum, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Dundrum can become your city, as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    My pantry flooded! ah!!! (yes I'm so posh I have a pantry)

Stupid ****ing Clontarf :mad:

Quick, use the €500 notes to mop it up :P

Sorrty to hear that dude. Hope not much damage is done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Sparks43 wrote: »
    312746_10150377907884031_568279030_8329256_1239717042_n.jpg

Is that a pair of Ugg boots and a Starbucks cup I see floating around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I wonder how many Clontarf residents will be strongly against the flood defenses now...?

Also this:

CCI3e.gif

Just because Adventure Time is awesome!

My Pantry
    Clontarf

futurama_bender_monocle.jpg
    pantry [ˈpæntrɪ]
    n pl -tries
    a small room or cupboard in which provisions, cooking utensils, etc., are kept; larder
    [via Anglo-Norman, from Old French paneterie store for bread, ultimately from Latin pānis bread]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My pantry flooded! ah!!! (yes I'm so posh I have a pantry)

Stupid ****ing Clontarf :mad:

Chr1st I hope you've no retro goodies stored down there. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Andrew76 wrote: »

True!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well let me tell you all how bad the weather is down here. Its raining so much that my jeans got wet when I went into town and not only that but the front of my red adidas shoes also got wet. Really hope they dont stain!

Luckly my pantry is stocked with provisions to see me through this!

I think this week should be National Pantry Week. I don't even know if my gaf has a pantry, but I want one. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173704359382989

should be a flood of great offers

Some of them right down your Street Atavan:D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173704359382989

should be a flood of great offers

Some of them right down your Street Atavan:D

Quite literally down my street :P I might head up in the morning with a fishing net and see what I can get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

313616_244638482251534_145044048877645_608547_428017035_n.jpg

I'm hoping the emergency plan isn't anything like Protocol 10 in Arkham City.

Well let me tell you all how bad the weather is down here. Its raining so much that my jeans got wet when I went into town and not only that but the front of my red adidas shoes also got wet. Really hope they dont stain!

Lol jesus don't know how you coped through that. :D
    Luckily we live on top a hill down here so no flooding touch wood, we do get the smell of cow sh1t every Tuesday tho. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Quick, use the €500 notes to mop it up :P

Sorrty to hear that dude. Hope not much damage is done!
    Andrew76 wrote: »

Thankfully, nothing but bottles, dish washer tablets and other such kitchen items.

We did come across and a strange old sacred heart of Jesus picture while clearing the mess that I've never seen before!

DSC_0180-1.jpg

We went for a walk up to Bull Island. The whole horizon was blacked out. Just about 10 flashing police cars in the darkness on the bridge. Was a pretty amazing sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This weather is fairy rough all right lads.

Had to cook dinner as the Indian restaurant was not offering a delivery service tonight.
    I needs me a Laal Maas on a Monday evening :(

If our supplies of Rioja Vega run low we're F**ked

I need to get myself some flood pants:

Is this from the last retro beers night?

I'm a little upset I've not been invited as I was told I look good in pink :D

606j.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm guessing the lavender quotient in that room is rather high.
    I must say they are amongst the most singularly unconvincing female impersonators I have yet seen, a bit like Emily on Little Britain!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,876 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm guessing the lavender quotient in that room is rather high.
    I must say they are amongst the most singularly unconvincing female impersonators I have yet seen, a bit like Emily on Little Britain!

Aw you mean I looked more like a schoolgirl in my get up than those guys? <3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,551 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What's worry about that picture is it doesn't look like a piss take. Those guys look like it's something they do once a week.

What's worry about that picture is it doesn't look like a piss take. Those guys look like it's something they do once a week.

Hahaha yes they seem rather proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

304582_2413975910283_1277863976_2972294_88496366_n.jpg

302039_2414033431721_1277863976_2972337_2077742561_n.jpg

310171_2413976350294_1277863976_2972296_135746111_n.jpg

sumo07.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQNOxs2vE1yN7B7v27iYPnxH__09K7gCfLKePaeQOAVXfCIfeM

My eyes!!!!

361nn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah here...

Hmmm... so this is 2 things Kotaku is completely clueless about:

WK4Na.png

At least they know what Peanuts is... (Well, Charlie Brown anyway)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

quick one, im in a postition where i could get 3DS games to review from time time, but i dont have a 3ds so ive turned down a couple. anyone (who can string a few words together) be interested in reviewing them. if so let me know. if a couple of people want to do it, ill have to go with the first just to be fair, if no one wants to do it then fair enough. you get to keep the games too by the way. This offer is just to regulars on here, no first time browsers looking for free games!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    quick one, im in a postition where i could get 3DS games to review from time time, but i dont have a 3ds so ive turned down a couple. anyone (who can string a few words together) be interested in reviewing them. if so let me know. if a couple of people want to do it, ill have to go with the first just to be fair, if no one wants to do it then fair enough. you get to keep the games too by the way. This offer is just to regulars on here, no first time browsers looking for free games!

I wouldn't mind having a go at that Keith...give me an excuse to charge the 3DS after clearing OoT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement