Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I could give it a go.

Would be an excuse to actually use the thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having a go at that Keith...give me an excuse to charge the 3DS after clearing OoT
    DinoRex wrote: »
    I could give it a go.

Would be an excuse to actually use the thing.

Just shows how much the 3DS is used :pac:

I would but I don't have 3DS. I could just make it all up going on the blurb on the box :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks guys, Enternow was in there first, thanks for the offers, if i get a flood of games ill give you a shout DinoRex. Could also use a pc reviewer if anyone else is interested, preferably with a steam account, i have serious sam i need reviewed at the minute. code waiting. anyways, EnterNow, pm on the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd suck for 3DS games.

But I'd also need to start sucking to get a 3DS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd suck for 3DS games.

Aw not this again...Sera can you step in here. The last time we went down this road it wasn't pleasant :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Aw not this again...Sera can you step in here. The last time we went down this road it wasn't pleasant :p

She's trapped me with that before. She's even less money than me. Last time I ever take a job from her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd suck for 3DS games.

You'd suck for a feckin' cheese sandwich if the opportunity came about! :pac:

I would but I don't have 3DS. I could just make it all up going on the blurb on the box :D

I generally ignore all the DS games even, that they offer to send out, its usually stuff like Moxie Girls or Pillow Pets etc. who the hell is going to want to review these!!

Note: If anyone wants to review these let me know. haha..:pac:

I dunno... How familiar are you with the third dimension? Experience of that is a must!

keithgeo wrote: »
    I generally ignore all the DS games even, that they offer to send out, its usually stuff like Moxie Girls or Pillow Pets etc. who the hell is going to want to review these!!

Retr0 mentioned to me at a beers he's a big fan of pillow pets. I just grinned & ate a slice of pizza...I see now what he was on about :p

• Advertisement

I will most definitely review those!

DinoRex wrote: »
    I dunno... How familiar are you with the third dimension? Experience of that is a must!

Well I do have the experience of it every waking moment of my life, but never in a handheld!

I will most definitely review those!

I cant tell if thats a joke or not?? :D

I cant tell if thats a joke or not?? :D

I'm serious!

He's serious alright. He bought Clayfighters 63 1/3. He's one sick ****.

He's serious alright. He bought Clayfighters 63 1/3. He's one sick ****.

I have yet to play that!

I'm serious!

Well im always looking for people to review DS games like that so ill give you a shout if i get any?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Thanks guys, Enternow was in there first, thanks for the offers, if i get a flood of games ill give you a shout DinoRex. Could also use a pc reviewer if anyone else is interested, preferably with a steam account, i have serious sam i need reviewed at the minute. code waiting. anyways, EnterNow, pm on the way.
    id be happy to do the odd pc review if you're stuck .

Well im always looking for people to review DS games like that so ill give you a shout if i get any?

Yeah do, I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Happy Birthday to me, yahey!!

Got home from work expecting presents but instead I was hit with the news that the screen had snapped off my laptop, a quick self tapper through the hinge sorted it.

Then I was hit with more astounding news, my one remaining DS Lite is broken, the whole case cracked and snapped, the missus told me it wasn't dropped and it just happened, somehow I doubt it cos it's totally fúcked. Now I'll need to repair 2 DS Lites and I suffer from extreme laziness.
    Looks like the 3Ds will get a run out afterall.:(

• Advertisement

pdbhp wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to me, yahey!!

Got home from work expecting presents but instead I was hit with the news that the screen had snapped off my laptop, a quick self tapper through the hinge sorted it.

Then I was hit with more astounding news, my one remaining DS Lite is broken, the whole case cracked and snapped, the missus told me it wasn't dropped and it just happened, somehow I doubt it cos it's totally fúcked. Now I'll need to repair 2 DS Lites and I suffer from extreme laziness.
    Looks like the 3Ds will get a run out afterall.:(

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    You look like a monkey,
    And you smell like one too!

:pac:

Only kidding Happy birthday!

Also found out that a MD 1 PSU may work on the Famicom. I'll double check when it arrives. Just need to get a way of displaying a picture and I should be set! Any methonds for de-yellowing? From the pics it looks fairly mankey.

That GTA V logo totally gives away where it's going to be set:

c4lPS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    361nn.jpg

312530_2574572525098_1277863976_3108315_241159943_n.jpg

Ooh, new white 3DS coming for christmas. May have to get one in the Jan sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Why am i only seeing this now

http://teenagemutantninjanoses.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Absolutely loving Threesome on comedy central

Funniest program ive seen in years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Absolutely loving Threesome on comedy central

Funniest program ive seen in years:D

It's brilliant! I wish it was longer though, it seems to be over as soon as you turn it on.

It's brilliant! I wish it was longer though, it seems to be over as soon as you turn it on.

Most threemsomes end that way unfortunately

• Advertisement

Anyone read the IGN Sega story article? I knew most of the stuff in it but they have interviews with former Sega of America staff that are really interesting. They all objected to the Saturn being made of off the shelf parts and using multiple processors to increase the power.

First Sega of America got word that Silicon Graphics were designing a new chipset for use in videogame consoles. Sega of America approached them and really liked it then the Sega of Japan guys rejected it. When the Silicon Graphics guys were told that the deal had fallen through theyasked what they should do and Tom Kalinske of Sega pointed them in the direction of Nintendo. The chipset eventually became part of the N64.

Then Sega approached Sony since their deal for a CD rom add-on for the SNES had fallen through but they were still working on console hardware. They formed a deal where Sega and Sony would collaborate on the new hardware but split the loss of hardware but not on software sales so that games by sony or sega got the publishing company 100% of the profits. Sega of Japan then shot down the idea despite Sega of America and Sony Japan agreeing to it. So we almost had the ultimate console, the Sega Playstation.

Interesting reading:

http://ie.retro.ign.com/articles/974/974695p1.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement