Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg
    ah sorry dino I couldnt resist...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

By in your inventory do you mean humanity as an item? You need to have a glowy white number (bigger than zero) up in the left hand corner for kindling to work, as I understand it. I've only done it once, and that seemed to work. You have to use the humanity items in your inventory, basically, to actually make any use of it.

I only found out yesterday what kindling actually does. Now I want to use it all the time. Hmm... ten flasks...

Oh. So I'd have to use all my humanities to get me above 0 I guess then.

Enjoying it a lot though. Taking my time with it an slowly whittling away at it.

It really is an excellent simulator of what it would actually exactly be like to try and storm a castle filled with horrible undead monsters and demons!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh. So I'd have to use all my humanities to get me above 0 I guess then.

I think you only need one or so. Not sure how it all works TBH - and you can't expect the game to tell you :p

It is damn good though. There's an absurd difficulty spike after the first major boss, but once you get used to it it's Demons' Souls, but better.

I'm about 6 hours in... level 22 I think... And I've just gotten by the armored boar which I killed the same time he killed me, so I'm not sure if I got any spirits from it. While fighting we both sort of stumbled into the big burning thing and both burned to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

While fighting we both sort of stumbled into the big burning thing and both burned to death.

Sounds like a Friday night in Balbriggan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm about 6 hours in... level 22 I think... And I've just gotten by the armored boar which I killed the same time he killed me, so I'm not sure if I got any spirits from it. While fighting we both sort of stumbled into the big burning thing and both burned to death.

Is that the one surrounded by hollow warriors? The ones on the upper level are a pain in the arse. Boar wasn't too bad though - when I had finished all the others and went to fight it it only had about a third of its health left for some reason. A fireball or two sorted it out promptly :P

I spent my last big soul influx on magic spells, but they don't make it easy for the magic user :( I'm fighting a giant butterfly but I keep running out of spells when it has about a quarter health left.

Oh I'm playing as a knight.

Was doing my best to lure it under the bridge so I could jump on top of it, fecker was hard to lure though.

Was doing my best to lure it under the bridge so I could jump on top of it, fecker was hard to lure though.

Now you just sound like a sex pest. What the hell kind of game is this you're playing...? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Was doing my best to lure it under the bridge so I could jump on top of it
    317554_2502840451841_1277863976_3049062_1762286653_n.jpg

Nearly destroyed my PS3 there with frustration at one boss.

But the relief when I finally destroyed the bastard is a sense of smug satisfaction no other game can offer.

From Software are a mischievous, brilliant shower of bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I saw some of these posts and thought it was a SOTC discussion, is Dark Souls similar? caus it kinda sounds a little similar

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh joy, I just somehow managed to accidentally delete a 7 hour Dark Souls save.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

D'oh!

That's a pain in the nads if ever there was one....

I remember when a blasted xbox clock caused my HL2 autosave to disappear as well, I was well pissed off.

I saw some of these posts and thought it was a SOTC discussion, is Dark Souls similar? caus it kinda sounds a little similar

They both have a castle?

Dark Souls is kind of like playing Ico while someone is bludgeoning you repeatedly with a baseball bat. And if Yorda was programmed to stab you in the back every 180 seconds or so.

Hmmm... Do I play some more Dark Souls or continue to try and update my iPad to iOS 5...? both are equally grueling tasks!

Daytona USA arriving on XBLA October 25th. Hurrah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Never mind that , its out on PSN as well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Might actually buy some MS points for that!

Daytoooooooooonnnaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just spent the day out in Mondello at the Forza 4 event, got to drive around the real track in two different cars, was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just spent the day out in Mondello at the Forza 4 event, got to drive around the real track in two different cars, was great craic.

Jammy so and so, what cars did you get out in?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't wait for Daytona, the 360 controller is made for racers, the PS3 pad not so much.
    I wonder if it will be as good as the great DC version, it was outstanding, I have it and the DC wheel, must get them out in preparation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yes Daytoooonnna.Now we just need original version of Sega Rally, Oh and Nights
    May well be the first racer I buy for xbox 360.
    Sega are really dropping some beauties on xbox live..long may it continue
    Any good steering wheel jobies available for xbox?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wish they'd release valkyria chronicles 3 :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just bought House of the dead 2 and Typing of the dead for the DC, JAP versions. I really have no idea why I did this

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

1 day closer to that car boot sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Hmmm... Do I play some more Dark Souls or continue to try and update my iPad to iOS 5...? both are equally grueling tasks!

Dark Souls is the work of the devil.It has many parallels with impossible retro arcade games..You repeat a part again and again,dying many times,until eventually it all clicks and you breeze through it..until the next stumbling block.Kinda like Radiant Silver Gun but with a +5 flaming mace of destruction.
    It requires intense concentration
    My bird officially hates me and the game now.

Poor woman is unaware Skyrim is on the Horizon:)

Someone mentioned earlier about upgrading to iOS 5 and had issues? Or maybe I'm going mad and imagining it.

Either way, I've just upgraded my iPad first time with absolutely no problems at all. Extremely smooth upgrade, took not that long at all.

Have to now upgrade my iPhone 4, I hear that's the device causing issues correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Zombie Pikachu

ZombiePikachu101311.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Someone mentioned earlier about upgrading to iOS 5 and had issues? Or maybe I'm going mad and imagining it.

Either way, I've just upgraded my iPad first time with absolutely no problems at all. Extremely smooth upgrade, took not that long at all.

Have to now upgrade my iPhone 4, I hear that's the device causing issues correct?

Apple TV 2 has some issues as well.
    I updated my iPad 2 and Apple TV 2 and the Apple tv is dead and I cant find my micro usb cable to reflash it.

Was looking forward to test out the new wireless mirroring feature as well :mad:

• Advertisement

Ah crap! I forgot, my Apple TV 2 needs upgrading too. Grr... Hopefully the stupid thing will see my iPad for use as a remote control this time. :mad:

edit: Think I'll hold off the upgrade for a couple of days after reading your post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement