Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hey folks - does anyone know of any other places that sell this kind of spiral band wrapping stuff? http://www.arcadeshop.de/Connectors-Spiral-Band-4-mm_894.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I got some in Maplins last year when I was wrapping a couple of cables into one. I don't remember how much it was but you get a load of it in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey folks - does anyone know of any other places that sell this kind of spiral band wrapping stuff? http://www.arcadeshop.de/Connectors-Spiral-Band-4-mm_894.html

I got something similiar from amazon for the inside of my new pc for cable management etc but its not anywhere near 10 meters long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks chaps, it would actually cost more to drive in and get it from maplins than arcadeshop and it's min shipping charge so will just stick with that unless I find it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, there's a Maplins in Blanchardstown, just over the West-Link, that's not too bad is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I probably should go to bed, but there's a copy of Dark Souls sitting there, and it feels like it's staring at me. I can't look away. Maybe just an hours worth...

I think it may be the game of this console generation. Well second after Bayonetta, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think it may be the game of this console generation. Well second after Bayonetta, but still.

Have they both got metal soundtracks?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Have they both got metal soundtracks?

I know of a Doom lover who reckons that a game begins and ends with it's heavy metal soundtrack....

And emergent gameplay! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I know of a Doom lover who reckons that a game begins and ends with it's heavy metal soundtrack....

And emergent gameplay! ;)

Well it is the best genre is it not? Or are you a hipster lover? :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well it is the best genre is it not? Or are you a hipster lover? :rolleyes::D

snigger, snigger.....

Oh, finished Portal 2, one of the most enjoyable times spent on consoles this gen, a lot of handholding, yes, but so, so funny, I have the soundboard on my phone so I can listen to Cave Johnson, GladOS and Wheatley any time I want, not to mention "I AM NOT A MORON" as my message notification...
    which is nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I applaud the person who can stick to one single platform. I really do. It's just not possible.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I applaud the person who can stick to one single platform. I really do. It's just not possible.

Only someone who wears hipsters could do that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Someone who wears hipsters? Awesome horror movie right there.

Someone who wears hipsters? Awesome horror movie right there.

Made better with a metal soundtrack though...

Well, I did some investigating and this is what I found out about this most rare of breeds Hipsters...
    hipsters.jpg
    The Illusive Hipster, be safe, be aware...

I have a nasty feeling that Dinorex might be one of these "Hipsters", I have seen him wearing a hat at inappropriate times, namely not the 1950's!

I'm off to buy a Trilby.

Something great about a massive tool coming along and making the forum a hive of fun activity again!

Massive Tool

Another Massive Tool

Has A Massive Tool!

• Advertisement

I have a Trilby.

I also have two Girls records on my IPod (Girls are hipster cocaine)

I ate in Crackbird last night, followed by a seated indie singer songwriter gig in the Sugar Club.

OH GOD NO! SELF REALISATION!

Something great about a massive tool coming along and making the forum a hive of fun activity again!

Massive Tool

Another Massive Tool

Has A Massive Tool!

I'm sure he's getting a chuckle out of winding us up too :)

Bit o banther is all

I tried to listen to Girls. Gave one of their highly acclaimed albums a listen to and other than the first song on the album it was really bland. Always approach pitchfork recommendations with an air of trepidition or you'll end up with album like this:

Thesound quality in that is fine, the song is just ****!

I only like the first song on Album, have listened to the rest maybe once and snore.

Second one is better, but I tend to listen to good music instead. Metal mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I have a nasty feeling that Dinorex might be one of these "Hipsters", I have seen him wearing a hat at inappropriate times, namely not the 1950's!

I'm not hip... I'm just horribly old fashioned and dress like a geography teacher.

Yep that's the one, Album. Must check out the second album then. I'm out of the loop with hipster music since I stopped listening to phantom.

I must confess to listening to hipster crap although I certainly don't limit mmyself to it.

I hate hipsters that give hipsters a bad name. No I don't hate the Kings of Leons new stuff because they sold I out, I hate it becuase it's ****e!

The second album Broken Dreams Club sounds more like something from the 50s!

Youre not missing anything on Phantom. They just play LCD Soundsystem 24 hours a day.

And Kings of Leon are and always were ****.

Better listening to game soundtracks instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I enjoy the music of Toto... I'm not sure what that makes me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I guess, whatever does it for ya I suppose. No judgements here :D

On the whole hipster thing, from my experience with them I would need to lose about 2 stone to become one as all hipsters appear to max out at about 13 stone.

If you're over that weight you are not a eligible to become a hipster.

Plus, I'd rather stab myself to death with a soup spoon than wear skinny jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

DinoRex wrote: »
    I enjoy the music of Toto... I'm not sure what that makes me...

I don't think my music tastes could ever give a description of what I'm like!

Highlights of my itunes library include:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement