Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Ah crap! I forgot, my Apple TV needs upgrading too. Grr... Hopefully the stupid thing will see my iPad for use as a remote control this time. :mad:

Good luck with the apple tv update.

Have your micro usb cable ready :D

Mine was jailbroken previously so that might have caused the issue with my upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Ah, I never jailbroke my Apple TV 2 or iPhone 4. I had my iPad jailbroken the day I got it, then reversed it back to factory stock. Never bothered since, I'm happy enough inside the walled garden. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You might have got lucky. And it's probably a bit better today.

Their severs were taking a hammering last night.

I made the wise choice to upgrade the iPad first... the clonked out while connecting to the apple server and just got stuck with the apple logo and spinning wheel on the screen... No way to power it off and the only way out of it was to do a full factory reset. And of course it didn't restore properly so I lost a lot... good thing the only thing lost would be a few game save files on the iPad... would be screwed if I'd tried this out on the phone last night.

Will wait a day or two more before trying with my phone.

FYI I upgraded my iPhone 4 last night straight after the iPad. No issues at all, it took maybe 30 mins roughly to complete each device upgrade.

I'll probably wait a few days to do the Apple TV 2 as SteveSI said his was wrecked.

Any news on yours lads?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woo Hoo, got my contract this morning for my Clinical Nurse Manager post!!
    Waiting for a year for this thing, I've been acting into the role for the past 3 and a half years and now will finally get paid for it!

What has this got to do with retrogaming?

The pay rise means I can buy MORE GAMES!!!!

Happy dippy dappy day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congratulations sir! :D

Ah that's great news, congratulations!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Congrats. I think you should reward yourself with a sit down Sega Rally machine :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its a real nice thing but I'd be divorced, plus it smells like beer and tayto!
    Sega Rally is pretty sweet though, but but don't even know if it works!
    It lives in the gamesroom of Fingallians gaa club in Swords.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Woo Hoo, got my contract this morning for my Clinical Nurse Manager post!!
    Waiting for a year for this thing, I've been acting into the role for the past 3 and a half years and now will finally get paid for it!

What has this got to do with retrogaming?

The pay rise means I can buy MORE GAMES!!!!

Happy dippy dappy day!
    Well done!

Be sure to take good care of everyone suffering from Bloaty Head!

Theme_Hospital.ingame_screenshot.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Congrats man! It's great to hear a bit of good news like that when all else you seem to hear is people losing their jobs and places closing down.

+1 on the Sega Rally cab. If your wife tries to divorce you it means she didn't deserve you in the first place :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    If your wife tries to divorce you it means she didn't deserve you in the first place :pac:

That's my train of thought on getting a Konami Windy. ;)

LWrHI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's my train of thought on getting a Konami Windy. ;)

Exactly!

And think about it, if she leaves, she'll be taking her stuff. Freeing up space for even more Windys :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Famicomblog makes me sick. The guy on it picked up a CIB Virtual Boy for $4, it even had the AC adapter thing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The guy on it picked up a CIB Virtual Boy for $4, it even had the AC adapter thing with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

pdbhp wrote: »
    Jammy so and so, what cars did you get out in?

Think it was a Mazda 3 and a formula sheane.

FYI I upgraded my iPhone 4 last night straight after the iPad. No issues at all, it took maybe 30 mins roughly to complete each device upgrade.

I'll probably wait a few days to do the Apple TV 2 as SteveSI said his was wrecked.

Any news on yours lads?

Just a quick thing on the iPad.
    This new wireless sync with itunes is only supposed to work when the ipad is charging when connected to a wall socket etc. But it works fine for me with the iPad disconnected.

Let me know how it works for you when you update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

keithgeo wrote: »
    Think it was a Mazda 3 and a formula sheane.

Good stuff, love doing track days and the such just a pity there's not as much cash floating about these days to have a good run at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

it was a good laugh, and free! :pac:

• Advertisement

butthurt-dweller-sims.jpg

Came across this on my travels and ffelt the need to share :D

Also this:

butthurt-dweller-girlfriend-i-dont-know-that-pokemon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    Came across this on my travels and ffelt the need to share :D
    my whole FB page is memes, I'm gonna have to add those <3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hey is the neo geo pocket colour region free? I'd love some games to go with my ngpc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Hey is the neo geo pocket colour region free? I'd love some games to go with my ngpc.

It is indeed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

PSVita seems to be causing a stir in Japan

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/15051994.html

PSVita seems to be causing a stir in Japan

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/15051994.html

Why I'm getting a PS Vita. Yes.

Oh, we'll all get a Vita eventually, I'm sure.
    That rear touch pad is surely the winner of the "most likely to be removed from the hardware when they're trying to make a cheaper version of the device" award for 2012!

I have to pledge my allegiance to Cave if they are doing Vita support. The more titles the fans can help shift the more we'll hopefully get more arcade titles in 2012 and beyond.

If they pledged support for the 3DS I'd buy one (after the inevitable redesign).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ahh! Dreamcast has once again succumbed to Random Reset Syndrome. I bought it faulty, unawares. Time to crack the bitch open once more and see how much more time I can buy it. I'm really wondering how many more times I can get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, we'll all get a Vita eventually, I'm sure.
    That rear touch pad is surely the winner of the "most likely to be removed from the hardware when they're trying to make a cheaper version of the device" award for 2012!

They're brilliant at reducing features with time. Most manufacturers consult with the accounts first...Sony seem to do that bit last :rolleyes:

Took a break from OoT for a while, been too busy to sink any time into it lately. Picked back up today...where had I left off? That's right. The Water Temple.

I conquered that b@stard in one sitting. It's actually nowhere near as bad as its made out to be difficulty wise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement