Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

@MrSaturn I'll fetch some chicken noodle soup and hot towels and play some Lifesigns: Surgical Unit on my DSi XL in the hopes you get it working again. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Ahh! Dreamcast has once again succumbed to Random Reset Syndrome. I bought it faulty, unawares. Time to crack the bitch open once more and see how much more time I can buy it.

It's language like this that is why your DC just doesn't want to be with you anymore, preferring to just cease to be rather than submit to your verbal abuse.
    You don't deserve her, you b@stard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I daren't enlighten you on the kind of tone I dropped on her little sister, 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is this good value for Saturn games?
    Works out as 16 euro each including post. Sonic r, xmen children of the atom, marvel superheroes, panzer dragoon 2, street fighter warrior dreams.
    All Pal, including manuals and in good condition.
    What ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

just wanted to share
    166927_2540993845652_1277863976_3080709_738360819_n.jpg
    Retr0 did Bub and the DQ Slime and I did Penta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Anyone know/have where I can get an intel p8048h processor? A lot of testing is being done on the videopac I picked up in rage and its the processor thats faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice one Sera!

My girlfriend's class made a few more during the week. Snap on the Bubble Bobble dude :D

314447_10150483240079838_503414837_11118506_482259618_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Make one of the bosses in Darius! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice one Sera!

My girlfriend's class made a few more during the week. Snap on the Bubble Bobble dude :D
    awh thanks (゚∀゚)
    that's weird isn't it? lol except Retr0's Bub has a different belly
    he was trying to make [Embedded Image Removed] but only have one board, gonna get more supplies and do more next week
    Pyongyang wrote: »
    Make one of the bosses in Darius!
    make it yourself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

retr0's Bub has the correct belly, see Retrogamer Mag this month, page 26! Feature on Bubble Bobble :pac:

Sorry o1s1n's girlfriends kids/class...;)

• Advertisement

anyone tried this before? I've no luck finding another TV :/
    batari wrote: »
    retr0's Bub has the correct belly, see Retrogamer Mag this month, page 26! Feature on Bubble Bobble pacman.gif
    we were looking at sprite images on my lappy and then I opened RGM and was like "derp" could have just looked in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Any linkys to these hamas beads (sp) and boards and stuff ye all use to make those? I fancy making a few for the sons bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Make one of the bosses in Darius! :D

I always meant to make a load of Shmup ships. Only ever made the one! People never knew what the hell it was!

DSC_0211.jpg

retr0's Bub has the correct belly, see Retrogamer Mag this month, page 26! Feature on Bubble Bobble :pac:

:eek::eek:

This will not go unpunished. I'll make sure she gives them a good beating first thing tomorrow morning.

Any linkys to these hamas beads (sp) and boards and stuff ye all use to make those? I fancy making a few for my bedroom.
    FYP
    just go onto eBay and search them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My next hama bead project is the Battleship from stage 3 in R-type.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone know/have where I can get an intel p8048h processor? A lot of testing is being done on the videopac I picked up in rage and its the processor thats faulty.

Is that the videopac i sent back to them as it was faulty and they put it back up for sale the next, still faulty?

Did they at least tell you it was faulty when you bought it and sell it to you cheap?

Edit:
    You can grab those procs for a few euro on ebay by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Steve SI wrote: »
    Is that the videopac i sent back to them as it was faulty and they put it back up for sale the next, still faulty?

Did they at least tell you it was faulty when you bought it and sell it to you cheap?

Edit:
    You can grab those procs for a few euro on ebay by the way.

Yep i took it caveat emptor

€15 is not to be sniffed at and if a new processor sorts it then i am a genius :D

As for ebay i am searching as you are reading this;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wish we'd get the DS ni no kuni :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Offtopic but im in that issues "from the forum" section ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wish we'd get the DS ni no kuni :(

DS has pretty book.

PS3 has pretty 1080p (in this case, thats important)

Im happy with the compromise.

DS has pretty book.

PS3 has pretty 1080p (in this case, thats important)

Im happy with the compromise.

Both are very different games though and I heard the DS one is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My replacement arcade monitor from Ronnie just hit Dublin port so I will have it in the morning.

Only took a few months to sort out :D

Hope the monitor is decent, now I just need to sort out someone to install it for me. Don't fancy doing that job by myself with no prior experience.

Both are very different games though and I heard the DS one is much better.

How is the DS 1 much better when the PS3 1 has only been demoed at a couple of trade shows :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    My replacement arcade monitor from Ronnie just hit Dublin port so I will have it in the morning.

Only took a few months to sort out :D

Hope the monitor is decent, now I just need to sort out someone to install it for me. Don't fancy doing that job by myself with no prior experience.

Best of luck with it dude. If you are able to, take tons of pics of the process, would be cool to see what's involved.

Mega Chin wrote: »
    How is the DS 1 much better when the PS3 1 has only been demoed at a couple of trade shows :confused:

Hmm, thought it was out. Have heard reports from journalists that have played them that they prefer the DS one and think it's one of the best games on the system. Just presumed it was out.

Hmm, thought it was out. Have heard reports from journalists that have played them that they prefer the DS one and think it's one of the best games on the system. Just presumed it was out.

DS is out almost a year now. This day next month for the PS3 release in Japan.
    I did hear the DS game is great though. Must investigate

Has anyone heard of Nanashi no Game on the DS?

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/nanashinogame/nanashinogame.htm

It's a game were you play a cursed famicom videogame that kills anyone that plays it in seven days. It's only recently been fan translated. Sounds interesting, think I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

It's a game were you play a cursed famicom videogame that kills anyone that plays it in seven days. It's only recently been fan translated. Sounds interesting, think I'll give it a go.

Yeah I meant to pick it up, along with its more appealing sequel when in Tokyo, but ran out of money (i.e. spent all my money on famicom stuff, and Ni No Kuni DS as it happens). Wouldn't have been able to play it anyway, would've just been a curio. Will have to check out the translation though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Looks totally sweet must get the translation any linkage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement