Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cool thanks. Damn shame about your 1 slot. Hopefully it will spur him on to sell those MAK strike things with the jamma edge shaved down a few mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Aye it wasn't so much the MAK as such, the board was toasted already before I sent it but it got damaged in the mail too. The PCB actually snapped so it's wrecked. :(

Jochen is sending me a new MAK Strike with new connector and attenuation improvements and also taking out the Unibios for me.

I've sourced a new MVS1-FZ so will hopefully have that next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Guardian Heroes out on XBLA this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

oh yeaaaah.
    Cant wait for Guardian Heroes.What a game,I must have played through it a hundred times when it was originally released.
    xbox live has had a nice release schedule recentley

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I see Rising Star and Cave are offering a framed cert from Cave themselves for the top five players on the Death Smiles leaderboard, normal settings. Could be a challenge for the hardcore amongst you :)

Also, passed by whatever protest was going on outside the Central Bank today - down with EMF, capitalism etc... I just found it somewhat hypocritical that one of the guys was wearing a Gears of War t-shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just found it somewhat hypocritical that one of the guys was wearing a Gears of War t-shirt.

You're looking in the wrong place for principles. At any time in the last decade. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Genuine crushing disappointment when I listened to this song and it wasn't about bullet hell shooters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Genuine crushing disappointment when I listened to this song and it wasn't about bullet hell shooters.

[plug]At least they named the song after my (forthcoming) website. :D[/plug]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Is Gynoug on the Megadrive any good? Apparently there's a copy of it at home and i don't remember it at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

zero19 wrote: »
    Is Gynoug on the Megadrive any good? Apparently there's a copy of it at home and i don't remember it at all.

I really like it. No word of a lie, it's by the same team behind the Cho Aniki games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really like it. No word of a lie, it's by the same team behind the Cho Aniki games :)

And that shows why nobody in their right mind should ever play the game:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Which is worse? Battery going dead on a Snes cart and saying goodbye to your lovely best times on F Zero or having to start from scratch on double dash because of a corrupted memory card?
    All I wanted was to drive the bullet car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just bought Guardian Heroes on XBLA, still as awesome as I remembered

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some great stuff on Edges online site,
    FZero by way of Earthbound,

pikosarumotherxfzero.jpg

Loads more here,
    http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=960199

and links to this video feature on why the CDi is the console that sucks the most...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQEbrXYChg8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

zero19 wrote: »
    Wow!! freaky timing! I was playing this last night , its a great game .

Although the US version had the rubbish name Wings of Wor.
    Never knew about the cho aneki connection.
    Its not really like cho aneki though THAT way sparks43 ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just another plug for all things Japanese on boards!

If you want to talk about the culture it's now all going on in this forum! :)

Sega have announced they won't bring Valkyria Chronicles 3 to the West. **** you Sega :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sega have announced they won't bring Valkyria Chronicles 3 to the West. **** you Sega :(

Import it? :pac:

Me no understand japanese.

Never stopped me before! :D I find the trick is to press lots of buttons and hope for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just another plug for all things Japanese on boards!

If you want to talk about the culture it's now all going on in this forum! :)

Cool, can we discuss how we like our dolphin meat there? Bloody & freshly slaughtered is my particular vice :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cool, can we discuss how we like our dolphin meat there? Bloody & freshly slaughtered is my particular vice :p

You can talk about Japanese delicacies if you wish :P

The same way I like my used schoolgirl panties.

O.O

Just gonna go ahead and ban you from both forums as a precautionary measure :P

Prob the coolest nation on Earth...but man they're not without their issues :D

O.O

Just gonna go ahead and ban you from both forums as a precautionary measure :P

Hold on, both? There's a "school girl's panties" forum round here too? :eek:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hold on, both? There's a "school girl's panties" forum round here too? :eek:

Atavan is actually a Cmod of that whole section :P

Atavan is actually a Cmod of that whole section :P

"Milkstealer" is starting to make sense now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Unsurprisingly enough Dark Souls is starting to annoy me.

I just can't get the kindling thing to work...

Can anyone else playing explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm not hollowed, I have 3 humanity in my inventory but whenever I try to kindle the bonfire it tells me I have no humanity!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly enough Dark Souls is starting to annoy me.

I just can't get the kindling thing to work...

Can anyone else playing explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm not hollowed, I have 3 humanity in my inventory but whenever I try to kindle the bonfire it tells me I have no humanity!

By in your inventory do you mean humanity as an item? You need to have a glowy white number (bigger than zero) up in the left hand corner for kindling to work, as I understand it. I've only done it once, and that seemed to work. You have to use the humanity items in your inventory, basically, to actually make any use of it.

I only found out yesterday what kindling actually does. Now I want to use it all the time. Hmm... ten flasks...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement