Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Made an offer on a monochrome NGP on adverts. Figured if I'm going for a full collection might as well have a NGPC and NGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

whats the mono screen like? is it easy to see?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You know what we should do, find a nasty little chinese based spam site ad spam them right back with ads for Megadrives, Snes, sites for cables and scan line generators!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    sites for cables and scan line generators!

Oh God! Thanks for reminding me I bought my 4th video processor in 2 days today. That was the one I didn't realize I'd bought due to an auction I honestly thought I wouldn't win (love it when that happens) but put in a bid and noone else was interested.

I've now managed to acquire the following:
    • DVDO IScan HD
    • DVDO VP30 with the all important ABT-102
    • DVDO VP20
    • DVDO Edge

Christ knows what I'm going to do with all those. Maybe find some 'quite dancable, foot tapping' speaker cables to go with them. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pfft, video capture devices. Starting my masters tomorrow and will have regular access to RED cameras :D. [/smug]

Pfft, video capture devices. Starting my masters tomorrow and will have regular access to RED cameras :D. [/smug]

Very nice! 4k televisions to go with those cameras per chance?

Those processors I bought will work with my HD-PVR capture device, I just need a VGA>Component scan converter first. In the process of buying one this week hopefully.

Going to use the Edge for gaming and general TV stuff I think. The others I'm going to toy with and see what I can learn with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Retro podcast sounds good. What items do you have planned for it? General discussion? Reaction to news items? Genre chat?

Was thinking just a what you've been playing section followed by discussion of a choosen topic. Maybe some retro news if it doesn't go for too long.

Anyway I'm up for this anytime, just need to get that battery tomorrow, my only other microphone makes me sound like robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

[/Quote]
    Anyway I'm up for this anytime, just need to get that battery tomorrow, my only other microphone makes me sound like robocop.[/Quote]

Is that really a bad thing..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Indeed. Robocop Versus The Terminator review with a Robocop voice please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Playing Gears of War 3... hard to take it seriously as I just crack up every time I hear this guys voice:

also... Monkey, watermelon... why is that familiar...? haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

DinoRex wrote: »
    Playing Gears of War 3... hard to take it seriously as I just crack up every time I hear this guys voice:

also... Monkey, watermelon... why is that familiar...? haha...

I cant say because of spoilers but seriously that game has one of the gaming moments to make a grown man cry. Cleared it last night myself, fantastic action game.

A bit disappointed with the ending though. Still a lot of stuff needs to get explained, stuff they said in the game they were going to explain! Almost certain theres going to be a prequel coming out in the future.

In other news, really feel like making a cool Shadow of the Colossus T shirt. Whats everyones favorite colossus? Think mine is either the first one or number 14

If anyone here cares let me know what you think would be cool for a SOTC tee

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The big one on the platform in the middle of the lake was a big wow moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

In other news, really feel like making a cool Shadow of the Colossus T shirt. Whats everyones favorite colossus? Think mine is either the first one or number 14

If anyone here cares let me know what you think would be cool for a SOTC tee

13th, in the desert, no contest.
    I made a cool SOTC book cover a while ago, will try to dig it out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The big one on the platform in the middle of the lake was a big wow moment for me.

this chap? http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Pelagia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I cant say because of spoilers but seriously that game has one of the gaming moments to make a grown man cry. Cleared it last night myself, fantastic action game.

A bit disappointed with the ending though. Still a lot of stuff needs to get explained, stuff they said in the game they were going to explain! Almost certain theres going to be a prequel coming out in the future.

Yup, 'Act III' in its entirety is powerful stuff. From the opening which is easily one of the most intense firefights in all of gaming to 'that bit' at the end of the act. Gears of War may have the subtlety of a hammer of dawn to the face, but deary me there was a stunned moment of silence.

It kind of goes downhill from there - it's never bad, but a shame the peak is reached so early. A masterful peak it is though. A good campaign all in all (and a breeze on hardcore), although nothing to match the dark level from GoW1.

Master of the Universe

I think he means the tallest one in the game. The one with the giant sword you have to run up. That was such an absolutely stunning piece of gaming.

The sheer length of time between him lifting the sword and when it hit the ground. 'Ah, is it going to hit me, is it going to hit me? I can't judge!'. SMASH!!!!!! into the ground..and then frantically trying to run up it before you fell off.

Pelagia is brilliant too though. I really love that game. Would love a tshirt :)

Yeah me too thats why I want a cool design. Cant really decide where to go with it though. Have a collussus shadow behind wander? Somthing kinda serious and proper like that or go for a lighter theme and have a kinda funny t shirt based on it. Sure i'll do both, **** it haha
    Yup, 'Act III' in its entirety is powerful stuff. From the opening which is easily one of the most intense firefights in all of gaming to 'that bit' at the end of the act. Gears of War may have the subtlety of a hammer of dawn to the face, but deary me there was a stunned moment of silence.

It kind of goes downhill from there - it's never bad, but a shame the peak is reached so early. A masterful peak it is though. A good campaign all in all (and a breeze on hardcore), although nothing to match the dark level from GoW1.

What level is that? been a while since I played GOW1. I agree though, really great campaign, have the feeling its still not over though, too many loose ends and stuff not explained. making a "grub killer" t shirt aswell because carmine is such a champ!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

o1s1n wrote: »
    Why not just buy RGB cables for your Saturn and AES?

Japanese consoles don't output in RBG as far as I know mate.

That top one looks like the old girl alright! Cheers mate, don't know how you managed to find it on eBay, I was all over the thing last night and looked at over 400 remotes! :eek:

What level is that? been a while since I played GOW1. I agree though, really great campaign, have the feeling its still not over though, too many loose ends and stuff not explained. making a "grub killer" t shirt aswell because carmine is such a champ!

This bad boy:

Master of the Universe

Japanese consoles don't output in RBG as far as I know mate.

Yep they do. If they don't, my JAP AES and Saturn must be freaks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Soon you'll have scalers for your scalers.

And then scalers for your scaler's scalers.

When will the madness end?!
    yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-scalers-so-i-put-scalers-on-your-scalers-so-you-scaler-while-you-scale.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My decision to not spend anything else on my CC lasted mere moments, and I bought an english language copy of Pokemon Stadium and this awesome tee, a tee about some of my favourite books, HP Lovecraft and the Cthulhu mythos!
    1314333241_1292959687_bottom_cthulhu.jpg

Master of the Universe

Great tshirt design.

I just don't go near Teefury anymore. It's a dangerous website!

I'm also going to commit to no more CC purchases. Have the MVS boxes to pay for, a Raiden 2 & marquee PCB to pay off and then that's me for a good while I think. I hope!

Castlevania retrospective by the man that called me pompous:

http://www.1up.com/features/castlevania-chronicles-killing-dracula-25-years

My ideal SOTC design would be a montage of all the Colossi, in silhouette, with a faint blue glow marking them against a black background, with their sigils marked on each creature.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My decision to not spend anything else on my CC lasted mere moments, and I bought an english language copy of Pokemon Stadium and this awesome tee, a tee about some of my favourite books, HP Lovecraft and the Cthulhu mythos!
    1314333241_1292959687_bottom_cthulhu.jpg

"In R'Lyeh He dwells, bound in timeless sleep..."

http://i.imgur.com/UncYa.jpg

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement