Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll find that the electronics are a bit cheap and tacky. You'll get some game incompatibilities and most of all colours will be slightly off and the sound, especially for the SNES and Megadrive will be really off. Better off with genuine hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This caught my eye more tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Why not buy 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    Why not buy 2?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCdGzDMQAp9tWcY2xza2P4VOjcDgDfeca0nYtlw75sGPKNyGVI
    why not get three?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd buy that for a dollar!

buyfordollar.jpg?w=460&h=305

• Advertisement

I wonder have they ever actually sold any.....

Xenoblade Chronicles is really good. Only a few hours in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep they do. If they don't, my JAP AES and Saturn must be freaks ;)

I thought that they only went up as far as S-Video? I hope you are right (and no doubt you probably are), but from what I've heard you need to get your AES modded to output in RGB?

Saturn works with RGB. My jap saturn does. I think the AES does need to be RGB modded though although I'm pretty sure I saw o1s1ns running in RGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You saw my one running in RGB. It was unmodded :p

A Jap Neo Geo AES does RGB scart. Sure if it didn't, my Jap one would be running in black and white on all those CRTs I've been using it on.

All you need is to get an AES RGB scart cable -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SNK-Neo-Geo-AES-Stereo-RGB-AV-Scart-cable-NEW-1-5m-/110697707030?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item19c618f616

People mod them to give them component and S video outputs as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

at the moment im sorta stuck, i need my ds lite to play gba games on a backlight screen, so i dont want to trade that in for a discounted 3ds, so if i get a 3ds from the USA for about €120, how much duty/tax will i have to pay

DinoRex wrote: »
    Why not buy 2?
    for the obvious reason, they're possibley mediocre :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just spent an hour or two playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with relatives.

I was very cynical about the game before.

Now, I think it's terrific fun. Brilliant chaos.

Just spent an hour or two playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii with relatives.

I was very cynical about the game before.

Now, I think it's terrific fun. Brilliant chaos.
    If you're open minded to the graphic style it's a brilliant game with other people :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think its a great game, although i have to say, myself and the girlfriend nearly killed each other a few times playing it, arguing over whos fault it was over one of us dying. being bounced into a hole for the 20th time while trying to get one of those coins is really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

keithgeo wrote: »
    I think its a great game, although i have to say, myself and the girlfriend nearly killed each other a few times playing it, arguing over whos fault it was over one of us dying. being bounced into a hole for the 20th time while trying to get one of those coins is really annoying!

If that's the case, I'd strongly urge you to never go near Donkey Kong Country Returns. Nintendo hard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New one from Teefury, but no money after buying the HP Lovecraft loveliness yesterday!
    1314733004_BOTTOM__083012h35m33.jpg

Master of the Universe

Hah! I'm loving that design.

It would be an instabuy for me if the Megadrive didn't have a Sega Genesis logo on it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Should it not be a SNES rather than a NES in that pic?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

anyone else see that odd famiclone up on adverts?
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-and-games/986365
    I was an hour late spotting it ..dammit!

• Advertisement

9Aqa4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Going to send my C.v off to Twitter

Took me a while to trim it down to 140 Characters:D

Master of the Universe

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Going to send my C.v off to Twitter

Took me a while to trim it down to 140 Characters:D

I hope it was really self important, self indulgent and contained such mundate crap not even your mother would be interested in reading it? :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    I hope it was really self important, self indulgent and contained such mundate crap not even your mother would be interested in reading it? :pac:

Mine was just asking for a celebrity to RT me :(

Master of the Universe

I had to google what RT meant. Not sure if that's cool or uncool?

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Should we make a new thread so we can start knocking around ideas for the arcade and retro podcast?

What sort of segments could we have? Would be great to get one of you guys on each week to talk about your own personal collections and gaming memories.

My science podcast scibernia.ie has a feature on the vintage computer museum that's just opened in Galway coming up soon... I'm sure I could borrow material from that.

http://arcadeandretro.com/

Think it's best to start a seperate thread. Couldn't find the batteries I need for my microphone anywhere so just going to get them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'd love to do one of these

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement