Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Currently racked up 190 hours on Pokémon Black. How? I do not know...
    I only have 55 hrs done in White, once I caught Clefairy I was happy enough to stop so I could start to play Mother3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Broken Sword is free on GOG for the next 48 hours...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/broken_sword_directors_cut/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ikaruga meets Metroidvania game Outland is on sale for a fiver on XBLA this week. Have been meaning to give it a go :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee, I can't decide between it or the re-version of Xevious for the 3DS.
    tbh they all leave me a bit cold, when are we going to see the likes of Castlevania SOTN remastered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee, I can't decide between it or the re-version of Xevious for the 3DS.
    tbh they all leave me a bit cold, when are we going to see the likes of Castlevania SOTN remastered?

Twinbee ftw!
    Love Twinbee great fun I'd like to get it but how many versions of the one game can I have:(

Edit: Just checked and the answer is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So, to Twinbee or not to Twinbee
    you should Twinbee
    me and Retr0 were playing Pop'n TwinBee Rainbow Bell Adventures on Sunday, it was awesome to play it again, hadn't played in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

You're just a show off :P

Currently racked up 190 hours on Pokémon Black. How? I do not know...

I put about 1k into Pokemon Blue, near enough the same amount into Dragon Warrior Monsters and over 250 into Pokemon Gold back in the day. I think I put over 350 into Disgaea on the PS2 as well.

Long are the days past when I would put silly amounts of time into video games... A good thing as it means I have more time to play other stuff, but also a bad thing too as I rarely truly master or "completely" complete games anymore, either because I can't be bothered or something else comes along. I suppose I'm older and have more stuff to be getting on with in life. Those epic sessions on Pokemons Blue and Gold were done when I was in school.

I'm going to be reigning in my spending now however as I bought an awful lot of stuff over the summer, right before signing up on here. That means I should be playing a lot more as opposed to buying.... thats the plan anyway. I have a few games pre-ordered but I won't be getting any more epics hauls I'd say until after Christmas.

I see what they did there...

81JId.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder how much that dept were paid to come up with that one?
    Other options included...
    MK: WTF? Blue shell strikes again!
    MK6, because none of you shall remember the sh1te one on the N64
    MK: Yoshi loses his arms again and has to use a specially adapted kart
    MK: Green, where the karts are eco karts, run on virtual batteries that only let them get to 30kph before running out of charge....

Any other ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ikaruga meets Metroidvania game Outland is on sale for a fiver on XBLA this week. Have been meaning to give it a go :)

Need a gold account :( Really hate XBLA sales because of this.

• Advertisement

I wonder how much that dept were paid to come up with that one?
    Other options included...
    MK: WTF? Blue shell strikes again!
    MK6, because none of you shall remember the sh1te one on the N64
    MK: Yoshi loses his arms again and has to use a specially adapted kart
    MK: Green, where the karts are eco karts, run on virtual batteries that only let them get to 30kph before running out of charge....

Any other ideas?

I'm just concerned it may not feature Mario or Karts... he hasn't stated why those are in the title...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Either stick to all your core cannon games being numerically sequenced or don't bother. It makes no sense.

Including the two arcade games, this is in fact Mario Kart 9. If the Mario Kart home games were sequenced, then it would make sense to omit them and call this Mario Kart 7. As it stands now though, it's just daft.

I'm really suprised they didn't call it 'Mario Kart 3D'.

But the number 7 looks a bit like a race track!

Master of the Universe

A race track where after 1 lap you drive off the course into oblivion? :D

The only reason I can think for this name exisiting is because 7 is a lucky number in Japan. Which, to be fair, Nintendo need buckets of with this console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found an old issue of retrogamer with the definitive guide to boulderdash in it. I'm guessing someone on here would be interested in it, not really sure who though....

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

o1s1n wrote: »
    Either stick to all your core cannon games being numerically sequenced or don't bother. It makes no sense.

I disagree, its kinda sexy that they jumped out at us with a numbered game all of a sudden, keeps a gamer on his toes!

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Found an old issue of retrogamer with the definitive guide to boulderdash in it. I'm guessing someone on here would be interested in it, not really sure who though....

Someone here likes Boulder-gash?
    paperwork wrote: »
    I disagree, its kinda sexy that they jumped out at us with a numbered game all of a sudden, keeps a gamer on his toes!

Maybe if it was the number 8. I like me some curves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Maybe if it was the number 8. I like me some curves.

Hopefully for you 3DS owners it doesn't turn out to be a No. 2 and is something you can pump more than 4 hours into! :p

A race track where after 1 lap you drive off the course into oblivion? :D

You just described Rainbow Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

• Advertisement

Hmm, who could it be?
    I like Boulder Dash, but I don't love it.....
    Repton and Dig Dug are better.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The bottom five, minus the 3DO, is the quintessence of trolling

And what's your beef with the lovely 3DO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

And what's your beef with the lovely 3DO?

No SHMUPS! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Livestreaming Sonic 2 :)

http://www.twitch.tv/jtallon

so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why in the name of all that is good does a game that's been out for like a week need a ****ing 800mb patch?????

Curse you Sony and Nippon Ichi, curse you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Need a gold account :( Really hate XBLA sales because of this.
    you can buy a 72 hr account for €1 I think(or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Manly eh! Maybe at 4am you may consider some of them manly:pac:

• Advertisement

I want to play DinoCity!

1234254774-DinoCity.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement