Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

What would you trade for a packet of ultra rare Cheese Flavoured Moments?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

DinoRex wrote: »
    What would you trade for a packet of ultra rare Cheese Flavoured Moments?

You have the mythical cheese flavoured moments?!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You have the mythical cheese flavoured moments?!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know a guy...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know a guy...

You lie! Everyone knows they don't exist and are secretly an elabourate ploy that's so elaborate no one knows what it is.

Who remembers this bad boy?

yKrXF.jpg

• Advertisement

Me! I had one, it was so cool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's Joey, the hand model!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Slightly disappointed by Mass Effect 2. The rotten combat of the first game was improved but it's still not great. However that's not my main contention. I didn't think the story was nearly as good as the first game. I think the collectors were a much worse antagonist than the excellent Saren ultimately. Still don't let that put you off it. It was still utterly enjoyable and an absolute steal for the 13 euros I spent on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Taito are currently going for the world record longest arcade cabinet. Prepare to soil yourselves and behold Darius Burst 48!* :eek:
    WARNING!
    A GIANT 48 SCREEN ARCADE CABINET
    IS APPROACHING FAST!

full.jpg
    *Sadly it was an April Fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Who remembers this bad boy?

yKrXF.jpg

I dreamed I would own that one day. I left Argos catalogs open on that page for months before Christmas the year that was released hoping for the folks to see it in the hopes I'd get one.

Alas I never did. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've grabbed "Another World" on the iPad as it just came out.

Will give it a good go and see how they did. I like the way you can switch back and forth between the updated graphics and the original style as you play.

€3.99 on the app store and it works with iPad and iPhone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Slightly disappointed by Mass Effect 2. The rotten combat of the first game was improved but it's still not great. However that's not my main contention. I didn't think the story was nearly as good as the first game. I think the collectors were a much worse antagonist than the excellent Saren ultimately. Still don't let that put you off it. It was still utterly enjoyable and an absolute steal for the 13 euros I spent on it.

The story in Mass Effect 2 is inspired. Not the sci fi hookum, that's still nonsense. But the way the narrative adapts to player choice and decisions is wonderful. The ending and character's fates are genuinely impacted by how you played. That's a pretty spectacular advance. Heavy Rain can **** right off in contrast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Taito are currently going for the world record longest arcade cabinet. Prepare to soil yourselves and behold Darius Burst 48!* :eek:
    WARNING!
    A GIANT 48 SCREEN ARCADE CABINET
    IS APPROACHING FAST!

full.jpg
    *Sadly it was an April Fool.

Not coming to an irish arcade near you.

I wonder how the lump that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What the flying ****?! I thought that was a photoshop job. Just did a google -

Forty-eight players can play Darius Burst Another Chronicle 48 together. Taito notes that, regardless of player, when your ship is destroyed, it will regenerate at the far left. The player in the far right seat will have to wait about a minute for his ship to arrive in his area of play.

That giant boss shown in the cabinet shot is "Unagi Fossil." It's meant to be 32 meters wide.

Edit - you can only do this to me on April 1st :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Missed the April Fools bit o1s1n ;)

Its a gorgeous cab. Totally worth last 200 yen which could have been spent on kit kats.

Just saw an ebay advert for the mega man game on the neo geo pocket. Apparently it's '75% new' :)

Master of the Universe

How do you know when Ciderman has been in your house?

DSC_0101-2.jpg

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's just pure mean! :mad:

ICO / Shadow of the Colossus review in the Ticket today:

"The latter is a third-person fantasy action game (with shades of God of War)"

While I kind of see where he's coming from (although the GoW sequels were much more indebted to SotC) that statement really bothers me.

That's like reviewing the Maltese Falcon and saying there's shades of Chinatown in it. Games journalism really is in a mess at the moment.

• Advertisement

This is the fellow, we should remember, who never mentioned the fact that Ocarina of Time 3D was a remake in his (three star, if I recall) review. Apparently he has many of the game journalist positions in Ireland locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

What a toss bag that journo is!
    I cannot even read the tripe in newspapers especially games reviews as it always seems they are critiquing a totally different game.

Been playing Ghost Trick the last few days and it is totally kick ass! Really funny parts in it.

Yeah I've met him. Nice chap. Not much of a clue about games though.

They probably said that about Stalin at sometime aswell:pac:

Yeah was introduced to him last week, and he was at a press screening I was at this morning. Nice guy, I'd agree, but it's such a shame he's taking up pages that could be occupied by actual gamers.

pdbhp wrote: »
    They probably said that about Stalin at sometime aswell:pac:

The difference is that this guy isn't going to cause any deaths.

Unless he insults Earthbound.
    Yeah was introduced to him last week, and he was at a press screening I was at this morning. Nice guy, I'd agree, but it's such a shame he's taking up pages that could be occupied by actual gamers.

Well he does play games and has an interest in them but doesn't really have the knowledge you'd expect from some one whose job it is to review games.

The difference is that this guy isn't going to cause any deaths.

Unless he insults Earthbound.

Maybe his own:pac:

That poor fool wouldn't even know what earthbound was!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No games for me but did spend the evening giving a relativistic and quantum mechanical description of reality, dipping liberally into metaphysics and philosophy...
    Boy, am I tired!

Anyone ever come across Ganbare Neo Poke-kun on the NGPC? Really want to try it out!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I came across that before, sounds hilarious. This is worth reading -

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/neopoke/neopoke.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement