Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tried, nothing available yet for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I heard it was only the Japanese games that went up early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Says somewhere else on the internets that it's America aswell so I thought us handsomer europeans would get some luck for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah right, America is getting it now.

We should get them in 6 months so. In 50hz with borders.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah right, America is getting it now.

We should get them in 6 months so. In 50hz with borders.

Don't forget the 21% free game tax too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just as well there isn't a "no sarcasm" rule in this forum!

I'm sure the couple of freebies will make up for the 100/150 euro more we paid for our 3ds's and the months with little more than a few n64 reheats and a ds backcatalogue to keep us warm.

Feckers!

Well, at least I eventually got my free Zelda soundtrack, that's something.
    Now they can send Shigsy around to my house and beg forgiveness!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's how to get your free games early.

1. Download emulator
    2. Download rom files (you legally own them now right?)
    3. Play games.
    4. This is optional. Select the US version of your roms and play them full screen and full speed
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just as well there isn't a "no sarcasm" rule in this forum!

I'm sure the couple of freebies will make up for the 100/150 euro more we paid for our 3ds's and the months with little more than a few n64 reheats and a ds backcatalogue to keep us warm.

Feckers!

Well, at least I eventually got my free Zelda soundtrack, that's something.
    Now they can send Shigsy around to my house and beg forgiveness!
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Here's how to get your free games early.

1. Download emulator
    2. Download rom files (you legally own them now right?)
    3. Play games.
    4. This is optional. Select the US version of your roms and play them full screen and full speed
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Only Nintendo can make us frown, that the US & Japan get their hands on 20 year old games a day before we do. Jesus, when you think of the power of the Nintendo badge all the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Only Nintendo can make us frown, that the US & Japan get their hands on 20 year old games a day before we do. Jesus, when you think of the power of the Nintendo badge all the same.

Well europe did get Last Window and Xenoblade and will be getting Last Story and Pandoras Tower while the US will have to do without. I think nintendo europe been too good to us for too long to not be flinging **** at us like they usually do.

Well europe did get Last Window and Xenoblade and will be getting Last Story and Pandoras Tower while the US will have to do without. I think nintendo europe been too good to us for too long to not be flinging **** at us like they usually do.

Just saying with a grin...they have the power to make us excited over games that we either a) already have or b) played nearly 20 years ago...ya have to respect the power of that :cool: Bastards :D

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just saying with a grin...they have the power to make us excited over games that we either a) already have or b) played nearly 20 years ago...ya have to respect the power of that :cool: Bastards :D

And c) can get for free by dubious means :P

And D) the Rage (for a henious price)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

pdbhp wrote: »
    And D) the Rage (for a henious price)

Has it really gotten that bad?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

No. Infact it's gotten better and they're always up for a haggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

Typical scene:

CUSTOMER (in a Milhouse voice): "Hello? Do you have that copy of Lylat Wars where the box has a limited edition wet bottom that smells like my grandad?"

THE RAGE STAFF: Err... sure just a sec *fumbles around*

THE RAGE STAFF: (talking to another THE RAGE STAFF) Have you heard of Lylat Wars?

THE RAGE STAFF #2: Never heard of it, sounds Japanese and obscure though. It's over there in that box. Charge €800 for it.

THE RAGE STAFF: That'll be €800 please.

Have any of you lucky lucky 3Ds owners out there noticed how flimsy the hinge seems to be. I've rarely played my 3DS but just really copped onto it there.
    The hinge seems to make a quiet noise like metal on metal but quietly.
    Am I worried.. simple answer YES!!

Booourns!!

Also still no joy on those free games looks like I'll have to wait for tomorrow:(

Master of the Universe

Get the 3DS case on Dealextreme! Dirt cheap, nice finish and it takes a lot of the strain off the hinge.

Also, my hinge didn't lock in place and flopped a bit. Doesn't happen any more with the case :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-aluminum-case-for-nintendo-3ds-light-blue-56728

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Actually just remembered an exchange I heard in the RAGE yesterday (still a fine store, donnae listen to the begrudgers :pac:)

Man: will we get Mario and Luigi?

Woman: **** no! Mario and Luigi is just Tetris for fag**ts.

The mind boggles on more than one level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Get the 3DS case on Dealextreme! Dirt cheap, nice finish and it takes a lot of the strain off the hinge.

Also, my hinge didn't lock in place and flopped a bit. Doesn't happen any more with the case :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-aluminum-case-for-nintendo-3ds-light-blue-56728

Flimsy, floppy, non-locking hinges, bugger all good games. Did Nintendo deliberately go out of their way to screw over the faithful? Their usual brainy folk must've popped out for lunch during the planning stages and let this chap sneak in:

sm2.jpg

Thanks O1s1n, I think you linked me to that before but I wasn't playing 3DS at the time so didn't bother getting one, probably gonna need one as ML3D and MK7 are coming out soon

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Flimsy, floppy, non-locking hinges, bugger all good games. Did Nintendo deliberately go out of their way to screw over the faithful? Their usual brainy folk must've popped out for lunch during the planning stages and let this chap sneak in:

sm2.jpg

I really seesaw with my opinion on this. Sometimes I get really pissed off due to the sheer lack of games...then I spent a bit of time in 3D Hyrule and it goes away. It's a weird one. I'm still hopelessly optimistic about it at this point.
    pdbhp wrote: »
    Thanks O1s1n, I think you linked me to that before but I wasn't playing 3DS at the time so didn't bother getting one, probably gonna need one as ML3D and MK7 are coming out soon

For the protection it gives the hinge and the console over all I'd have paid 4 times the price. Which would be less than €20, it's just that cheap :D

There's a hell of a lot of japanese developers announcing support for it at the moment and TGS is coming up and we will see just what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CD and book so Japanese people can learn English... well... lines from Full Metal Jacket anyway...

R7ars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I still want a 3DS, I know they are badly made and there are no games but still. By Xmas there will be some new mario stuff and I'll wager they will be worth the price of admission (for me at least). and hopefully that price of admission will be around the €150-160 mark.

And when they release the inevitable rejig 3DSlite or whatever it is I'll be ready and waiting when one of the enterprising stores does a trade in offer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd pick it up soon, Gamestop Swords where I got mine only had 6 copies behind the counter, 5 now after I bought one. Also they weren't sure if it was on sale yet but tell them to scan it in and the system will show it is on sale.

Just to let you know HMV on Grafton St. Have a bum load of them, think it's arond the €35 mark. Was also number 1 in their DS charts for some reason!

Master of the Universe

Got my free 3DS games this morning. I knew what the titles were before hand, but still, bit meh! Don't think they'll be getting much play to be honest. Might attempt a go at Metroid as I've never played through it before, but I could do without the likes of Wrecking Crew.

And what's the story with the 3D classics on the virtual store? I'd assumed there'd be loads at this point. 3. 3! You'd swear Nintendo had a **** back catalog of games or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Let's just all be honest here. The 3DS is a flop. The end.

Master of the Universe

It's just a slow start! It's still good! it's still good!

Metroid is a very, very hard game to go back too and impossible without some graph paper or a faq.

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Let's just all be honest here. The 3DS is a flop. The end.

Its a brilliant little thing, Nintendo are flopping about with it though...& unfortunately, its the 3DS that will take the hit. More importantly, I'm dreading another round of "Aw look, 3D just doesn't work. Not in the cinema or at home or video games. It gives you headaches."

I'll tell you one thing, I'd no f@@kin' headache while battling the final boss in Dodongo's Cavern in breathtaking 3D thats for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement