Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Dubstep

Back away, not today, disco lady :pac:

(it's rather impressive technically, the mix, but dubstep makes my ears cry :P)

I skimmed through. I heard no SHMUP goodness. I'm disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Check out this seriously good Dubstep mixup using tonnes of great retro games!

http://soundcloud.com/djcutman/the-legend-of-dubstep

I skimmed through, seems pretty good.
    Also I have a 9 mile run to do tomorrow evening after work and have this evening exhausted my backlog of podcasts. Your post has saved me from a run in silence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Only Retro could name a blog Life in 16 bit and then go and review a N64 game:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Worst. Videogame soundtrack. Ever!

and yet this is great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Only Retro could name a blog Life in 16 bit and then go and review a N64 game:rolleyes:

Well at least I didn't call it the life and times of Rockford and then do a Repton review :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally got my hands on Inazuma Eleven. Seems like this might end up as a rare title. It's totally sold out on the english websites and Gamestop only have a few copies in. 30 euros wasn't a bad asking price from a bricks and mortar store either.

Also Gal Gun coming for the PS3! I'm importing the **** out of it!

Video totally safe for work:

Finally got my hands on Inazuma Eleven. Seems like this might end up as a rare title. It's totally sold out on the english websites and Gamestop only have a few copies in. 30 euros wasn't a bad asking price from a bricks and mortar store either.

Also Gal Gun coming for the PS3! I'm importing the **** out of it!

Video totally safe for work:

I'm guessing that line should be in the sarcasm font.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Heading for Maplins to pick up some power convertors, oh wait, I mean some bits to finish the building of the rechargeable battery for the Nomad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's really well done!

One small niggle though, the shotgun death sprite is wrong. They should be erupting in a fountain of blood.

/edit - that sounded really anal. It's just because I like that animation so much!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    One small niggle though, the shotgun death sprite is wrong. They should be erupting in a fountain of blood.

There's always one :P

Very impressively made on the whole though - love the bit when the soldier drops from the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Guided Tour of Japan's Retro Gaming Shopping Heaven:
    http://www.retrocollect.com/Articles/guided-tour-of-japans-retro-gaming-shopping-heaven.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Is it any good, I've been thinking of getting it since there's fook all out on 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

If anyone knows French I have a French-only copy of Inazuma Eleven, got it online where it was advertised as being multi-language. Held onto it in case the English version never saw the light of day. Now my options are to either buy the English version or learn a new language.

It's sitting in my boot still in the shrink wrap and won't get around to it for a while. Supposedly it's great fun. You can't really go wrong with Level 5. It's a football/RPG hybrid and if anything that makes it interesting! I heard there's a few annoying difficulty spikes though. I'd pick it up soon, Gamestop Swords where I got mine only had 6 copies behind the counter, 5 now after I bought one. Also they weren't sure if it was on sale yet but tell them to scan it in and the system will show it is on sale.

You can't really go wrong with Level 5.

*coughwhiteknightchroniclescough*

I saw Inazuma in Game yesterday. Tempted to pick it up but I really, really have no interest in soccer. I'm guessing that doesn't make much of a difference though?

*coughwhiteknightchroniclescough*

I saw Inazuma in Game yesterday. Tempted to pick it up but I really, really have no interest in soccer. I'm guessing that doesn't make much of a difference though?

Ok I'll give you white knight chronicle :)

I've not got much interest in football either but this does seem to have charm in spades and the football matches are more like a far better version of Blitzball in FFX than Fifa from what I've seen.

It might be worth buying and keeping shrink wrapped because it's sold out everywhere online:

http://www.gamestracker.com/buy-inazuma-eleven-compare-prices-ds.htm

Gameseek is says has it online but it sold out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

Steve SI wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted already.

Guided Tour of Japan's Retro Gaming Shopping Heaven:
    http://www.retrocollect.com/Articles/guided-tour-of-japans-retro-gaming-shopping-heaven.html

the more info the better !

BTW do you know exactly of any shops in Akihabara that sells Arcade games ?

ondafly wrote: »

Check out the fan translated episodes of Game Centre CX. Arino visits a tiny store in Akihabara that sells really cheap arcade PCB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

ondafly wrote: »

Hmm, Mak is still open and easy to find. If they are still in the same location that is.

http://www.mak-jp.com/

• Advertisement

All the talk earlier of Neo Geo MVS bootlegs got me to do a bit more research, I eventually came across this very interesting and useful article. Might be worth a read for any MVS or AES collectors here.

http://www.loopyeddie.com/bootleg.html

Master of the Universe

All the talk earlier of Neo Geo MVS bootlegs got me to do a bit more research, I eventually came across this very interesting and useful article. Might be worth a read for any MVS or AES collectors here.

http://www.loopyeddie.com/bootleg.html

Nice guide!

One thing to be careful of when checking boards is the cart label. The case splits into two halves. Problem is the cart label is stuck right across the middle of that.

On the subject of hard to find DS games, has anyone come across Dragon Quest V Ds at all?

I've had my eyes peeled this past month and even rang around a few shops but no one seems to have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

On the subject of hard to find DS games, has anyone come across Dragon Quest V Ds at all?

I've had my eyes peeled this past month and even rang around a few shops but no one seems to have it in stock.

Had a rather low print run. Was reprinted in the US recently though, so shouldn't be too hard to source online

I had to get an italian version, the european version is as rare as hens teeth. Also be wary that there's loads of fakes of it on ebay. Best bet is to get a US version as said since it was reprinted.

It might be worth buying and keeping shrink wrapped because it's sold out everywhere online

SG-OCD!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Re: Level 5, isn't Rogue Galaxy a bit meh..?
    I have it and found it to be a bit, well, meh...

Seems the games are available today, I won't get a chance to check until later.

Linkage

3DS Ambassadors: Clear your schedules.

Remember how you planned to spend all day tomorrow indulging in your free copies of Metroid, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Yoshi's Egg, Mario Open Golf, Wrecking Crew, Super Mario Bros., Balloon Fight, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong Jr. and Ice Climber? Well, go tell your daughter that plans have changed and you can, in fact, make it to her Thursday ballet recital. Those games are available today for some unknown reason and, yes, you still have to go through that crazy method to get them, with one tweak: You'll find the game in "Your Downloads" not "Activity History."

Also, by "spend all day indulging," did you mean "play Zelda for five minutes and promptly return your system to the 3DS-shaped imprint on a dusty shelf"? Because that's what we meant.

Master of the Universe

Nice one! Thanks :) I'll give that a go now.

/attempts to dust off 3DS.

/chokes to death.

Edit - nope, nothing there. It is now that I start worrying that I somehow buggered up registering!

• Advertisement

Try this O1s1n

How to download your free NES games on September 1st via the Ambassador Program

63 Comments eShop-4.jpg
    It’s not September 1st yet, so you can’t download the games via the Ambassador Program. But Nintendo has shared instructions on how to go about it once they’re online. The instructions are after the break.

1. From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon.
    2. Scroll left and select “Settings / Other.”
    eShop-1.jpg
    3. Scroll down and select “Account Activity” to view a list of transactions.
    eShop-2.jpg
    4. The NES game will be listed here once it is available to download. Tap “Software Info,” and then “Redownload” to begin the download process.
    eShop-3.jpg
    eShop-4.jpg
    Now continue to play the waiting game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement