Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Phew, glad I missed the 3D debate this morning. I may have gotten angry (I hate it in every way possible, although possibly seeing it have uses in gaming down the line) :pac:

Has anyone been watching the new season of Breaking Bad? Writers seem to be trying to work in their love of videogames on a few occasions. However, their claims that Resident Evil 4 is a good "zombie" game? Controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Phew, glad I missed the 3D debate this morning. I may have gotten angry (I hate it in every way possible, although possibly seeing it have uses in gaming down the line) :pac:

Has anyone been watching the new season of Breaking Bad? Writers seem to be trying to work in their love of videogames on a few occasions. However, their claims that Resident Evil 4 is a good "zombie" game? Controversial.

Yeah, I seen they had one of the characters playing RAGE in one of the recent episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I seen they had one of the characters playing RAGE in one of the recent episodes.

I just saw the one where they were playing Sonic & Sega Racing. Product placement ahoy!

I just saw the one where they were playing Sonic & Sega Racing. Product placement ahoy!

Wait til you see the scene i was talking about :p

I'd say they will use a lot more product placement in the future on the AMC shows as the network has pulled a lot of funding from its best and most popular shows and is sticking the money into "Madmen".

They dropped the budget by a huge amount from "The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad". Even though they're the networks most successful and most watched shows.

But I guess this is getting a bit off topic.

Anyway, back on retro topic, I bought a consolised MVS today. It's made of wood and I cant wait to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yeah, its ok if it takes over the planet. As long as it lets me play somes games and do some graphics work on it.

On a different note, I see you have a Thundercats logo as your avatar. You watched the new version of it that started last month? What do you think?

It has a very Japanese style to it but I'm not sold on the voice work(only watched 3 eps though).

Watched the first 4 episodes. I like a lot of it. Lionos voice is a bit high pitched (and then suddenly goes deep for the sword). Cheetara = Hot for a cartoon cat person >_>

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Watched the first 4 episodes. I like a lot of it. Lionos voice is a bit high pitched (and then suddenly goes deep for the sword). Cheetara = Hot for a cartoon cat person >_>

She's also hot in real life as well :D
    It's the one who plays the short guys girlfriend in entourage.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004825/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There's a new Thundercats cartoon?? That's all kinds of wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

o1s1n wrote: »

It's supposed to be pretty good.

The new Voltron is supposed to be terrible though.

She's also hot in real life as well :D
    It's the one who plays the short guys girlfriend in entourage.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004825/

Now I dont feel as twisted >_>
    Its actually pretty good!

Yeah, check it out.

The animation style has gone very Japanese and the voice acting is very American. They did keep the guy who did liono's voice in the original show. He's not voicing liono's father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A good remake? Serious? Will definitely check that out!

Which reminds me, while I was in Toys'R'us in Times Square the other week they had a crap load of Thundercats figures. I was wondering why they were suddenly in production again. That explains that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They need to bring back Gummi Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They need to bring back Gummi Bears.

You serious:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Totally, Gummi Bears rocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Nah i prefer Chip n Dale myself

Well Chip n'Dale are great and had two fantastic NES games but I like me some Gummi Bears. Anyway I have 'acquired' Chip n'Dale and amin the process of acquiring Gummi Bears so I'll see if they live up.

Both however aren't a patch on Duck Tales. It also had better NES games!

Only gummi bears for me are the ones you find in Starmix. And even then I'd much rather the eggs, hearts or cola bottles.

Sharky and George!!!

Fighting crime in a future time! (Why does he call it the future? Isn't it the present for him?)

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Sharky and George!!!

"The crime busters of the sea"

Argh, now it's stuck in my head for the rest of the night.

• Advertisement

Ultima 4 is up for free on GOG.com...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/ultima_4

Free? Wow, I love GoG!

They also now have the original Populous for $5.99

Tempting....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gummi Bears, Chip'n Dale, all good.
    But nothing, nothing beats the infomercial style cartoons with Goofy from the 1940's, brilliant.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gummi Bears, Chip'n Dale, all good.
    But nothing, nothing beats the infomercial style cartoons with Goofy from the 1940's, brilliant.

Dude how old are you?

I've never met you but now I picture you as a Gandalf looking person ;0)

Dude how old are you?

I've never met you but now I picture you as a Gandalf looking person ;0)

Try gordon freeman and you are getting close.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Try gordon freeman and you are getting close.

This Ciderperson sounds like a dynamic sort of individual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Holy testicle Tuesday! This all belongs to the same chap! :eek:

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=6898

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement