Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gladney is the Collector General of the Revenue Commissioners
    Doh, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats it about?

If you read Mannings fulminations it's about vat owed by Doocey from a company he ran for a while selling confectionary products

Manning just posted confirming he was told to sling his hook as predicted presumably Revenue got their judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Doocey now claiming revenue moves to make him pay tax are all part of a state conspiracy against him...

There's wiser eating grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

The hub have admitted defeat in court yesterday ... A blemish on their 100% record unfortunately.

However this defeat was purely down to corruption of course.

What if find interesting is the clear threat to destroy the property before possession is handed over.

Really sounds like a child smashing up a toy just so another child can't play with it. Of course no real details of the case ... Just the good Lord's take on it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

If you read Mannings fulminations it's about vat owed by Doocey from a company he ran for a while selling confectionary products

Selling or eating ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whippet wrote: »
    The hub have admitted defeat in court yesterday ... A blemish on their 100% record unfortunately.

However this defeat was purely down to corruption of course.

What if find interesting is the clear threat to destroy the property before possession is handed over.

Really sounds like a child smashing up a toy just so another child can't play with it. Of course no real details of the case ... Just the good Lord's take on it
    I'd count that as about the 6th time they've admitted their impeccable record was breached. For a crowd with a 100% record, they sure have a load of asterixes beside it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I noticed this recent judgment relating to Tom Darcy's lush and verdant property empire. It's worth noting that in true Freeman style, as it was his own arse on the line, Tom employed real legal representation.

In summary, by 2008, Tom had clocked up debts of €15.8 million to AIB and by 2010 AIB were looking for it back in an awful hurry. By February 2011, they had judgment against the Darcys which Tom unsuccessfully attempted to overturn in the High Court. Interest kept accruing at the rate of 8% (more than a million per year in interest) and here in this judgment of May 2015, the bank finally got possession with an undertaking not to enforce this until the Supreme Court has heard Tom's matter involving the Land and Conveyancing Reform Act 2013.

At this point you can no longer in all honesty describe what Tom's at as standing up for the little guy or defending his rights. It's a business model. At least 5 years of non-payment, numerous sets of proceedings and all the time sitting on some properties that would grace the swankier side of the Monopoly board.

The bank were granted possession orders on 4 of the Darcy's trophy properties in Malahide and Howth.

A number of issues were raised on behalf of Tom that are common in this thread. The lastest variation of the "securitisation" argument (and one raised without success by Ben Gilroy on behalf of one of his clients recently) was that if there was a chance that the loan was securitised it should be free money and swanky gaffs for all. Natually this went down like a lead balloon.
    By reference to the foregoing authority, I am satisfied that the mere possibility (even if considered a probability) that the defendants’ loans have been securitised is, in and of itself, incapable of amounting to evidence sufficient to defeat the bank’s claim to an Order for possession of the properties at issue.
    Points were also raised on behalf of Mrs Darcy that a house which has been rendered uninhabitable due to fire shouldn't be repossessed as it's their primary residence.

Worth noting that at a favourite tactic of the Hub's got an airing as well; the late filing of affidavits, against a previous order made in the matter by Gilligan J.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭whippet

Robbo wrote: »
    I noticed this recent judgment relating to Tom Darcy's lush and verdant property empire. It's worth noting that in true Freeman style, as it was his own arse on the line, Tom employed real legal representation.

i'm no legal eagle .. but i've read that judgment from start to finish ... how the hell can Darcy swan around the country claiming that he as a lay litigant saved his home .... this is clear that he has zero claim on any of the properties at the moment.

Full on lies

whippet wrote: »
    i'm no legal eagle .. but i've read that judgment from start to finish ... how the hell can Darcy swan around the country claiming that he as a lay litigant saved his home .... this is clear that he has zero claim on any of the properties at the moment.

Full on lies
    For posterity, here's this weeks Westmeath Topic where Tom is described as "the first person in the State, who representing himself, was successful in winning his home back after being evicted". He also described himself as "not someone advocating free homes" despite him seeking to claim 4 of them gratis and stating he's to set up a "charitable company" called Right to Homes. Keep an eye Charities Regulator's listings because I'm sure this will be registered any...day...now.

• Advertisement

II hanger on Mark Winters up on charges in Casrlebar Court today but confined his IIness to demanding names and badge numbers of the Gardai in Court, and accepted legal aid from a solicitor well known to Joe Doocey.....

II hanger on Mark Winters up on charges in Casrlebar Court today but confined his IIness to demanding names and badge numbers of the Gardai in Court, and accepted legal aid from a solicitor well known to Joe Doocey.....
    Jerry Beades decided this week to use a solicitor and was granted legal aid as well.

Jerry Beades decided this week to use a solicitor and was granted legal aid as well.

Consistency is only for lesser beings, genius like Beade's spurns boring conformity...

So a jaguar car driving business man capable of funding trips to China now qualifies for free legal aid ...

Judge must have been a FF appointee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He ties up more court time in a fortnight than the rest of us do in our whole lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thargor wrote: »
    He ties up more court time in a fortnight than the rest of us do in our whole lives.

They aren't real courts though. They're not sovereign enough for him :)

We don't have a South-East correspondent do we? Because I would love to hear how this went...
    Also.. Nov 17th - Tuesday @ Waterford Courthouse (that's the Tramore Road temporary Courthouse) at 10.30am.
    I-I member Paddy Rochford defending allegations by Gardai that he breached the peace while THEY were arresting HIM - for questioning THEM about their behaviour at a water protest! Local support appreciated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

We don't have a South-East correspondent do we? Because I would love to hear how this went...

I'm linking to Paddy's facebook page. I don't want to post the content here cause some Gardai are personally named and I don't want boards to get in trouble.

my friend wrote: »
    So a jaguar car driving business man capable of funding trips to China now qualifies for free legal aid ...

Judge must have been a FF appointee

And so it was...

A 1998 letter from Gerard Collins, then an MEP, to Mr O’Donoghue, refers to “an excellent solicitor by the name of Tim Lucey in Kanturk who is most anxious to be considered for appointment to position in the District Court”. Mr Collins continued: “He has very high credibility and is regarded by everyone as a person of high integrity. He is now about 50 years plus and in my view would make an excellent judge”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Even after reading that rant I am still none the wiser as to what actually happened in court.

I think we need next weeks paper from Waterford for the truth.

Obfuscation and subterfuge the two excellent tools the crazies unwittingly knit

Even after reading that rant I am still none the wiser as to what actually happened in court.

I think we need next weeks paper from Waterford for the truth.

It sounds like some others copped a plea, leaving him in the lurch,to his disgust

ken wrote: »
    I'm linking to Paddy's facebook page. I don't want to post the content here cause some Gardai are personally named and I don't want boards to get in trouble.

Soooo....I take it he's displeased at something then :confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭blackwhite

ken wrote: »

I'm sure Sinn Fein are delighted to be linked with this looper, Integrity Ireland and Eirigi all in one sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

blackwhite wrote: »
    I'm sure Sinn Fein are delighted to be linked with this looper, Integrity Ireland and Eirigi all in one sentence

They'd link themselves to a helium balloon if they though it would get them higher in the polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭blackwhite

They'd link themselves to a helium balloon if they though it would get them higher in the polls.

Exactly.

Reminding the general public of some of the crazy they've courted over the years isn't something they're too fond of these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Even Fallout 4 having a go at the Freemen

We've previously touched on The Hub's claimed 100% record in defending homes and what a fantasy that is. is
    Today we have DDI claiming that neither they nor the Land League have ever lost a house. This is later qualified when Gorse Hill is mentioned to mean the *other* Land League, with the same objectives, methods and members. Easy mistake to made.

On the plus side, it's never been easier to make an appointment with Ben Gilroy for some advice on #mortgage and #banks at their new corporate HQ. It's going to be a fun election once their political opponents find this thread.

On the plus side, it's never been easier to make an appointment with Ben Gilroy for some advice on #mortgage and #banks at their new corporate HQ. It's going to be a fun election once their political opponents find this thread.

If I was the landlord, I'd be asking for the years rent up front.

• Advertisement

If I was the landlord, I'd be asking for the years rent up front.

Ben has form in that matter ...

Advertisement