Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Not 100% sure of the dates for the original hearing of that case in Belfast but if it was in October 2014, here's Ben's initial report on it:
    an update from the high court in Belfast today. Well as I suspected Bank of Scotland's lady didn't show up to be cross examined, However the Head of the securities dept of the bank showed up. I told the court that I was refusing to cross examine him as I hadn't been served his affidavit. The other side claim to have sent the affidavit to an address that we told them not to use 18 months ago and that issue was before the court 12 months ago when we didn't get other papers they claimed they served. The judge went mad with the other side and told the bank official that he came on a wasted journey. He ordered them to pay my expenses and costs for the day also. I did inform the judge that I was disappointed the lady who swore the affidavit didn't come to court as ordered, as I told the judge she had misled the court by putting in an affidavit that the loan wasn't sold on and now couldn't substantiate what she claimed. The other side said she was a junior and it was best if the head of securities took the stand. I reminded the judge that her affidavit claimed she was an expert and I likened her affidavit to the robo signers in the USA. I said affidavits like the one she filed are normally successful in the courts but now that it is challenged they realize the person swearing have no idea of what they are signing and for all intentional purposes are at the very least misleading the court. The case continues on the 13th Nov when I will cross examine the head of securities
    If the cases match, this is what the Court of Appeal thought of this episode:
    That leaves the third ground of appeal, the alleged securitization of this mortgage. Little can be said to advance this ground as it is contrary to the express finding of the judge who, having considered the affidavit evidence on behalf of the respondents and the oral evidence of one of those deponents upon which he was apparently thoroughly cross-examined by Mr Gilroy, the judge reviewed the evidence at length and found as a fact that this mortgage had not been securitized and that the Mortgage Business Plc was and is the lawful mortgagee and was entitled to appoint the first and second respondents. No submission has been advanced before us either that the judge misunderstood the facts or misapplied the law in reaching that conclusion nor is any such error apparent to us. Accordingly on this ground also the appeal must fail.
    The reference to Bank of Scotland matches as the lender (Mortgage Business plc) concerned was a subsidiary of them. Funny how we hear all about him giving 'em hell and landing knockout punches but less so when he loses and then again on appeal...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Any updates on Bens' personal legal issues with PTSB? I understand that proceedings may be in the offing soon in relation to his own residence which should be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Who would take him as a client.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

Isn't there some high flying barrister plying her trade via The Hub / Lay Litigation Ireland ... Surely it would be a match made in heaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dr Integrity and his followers 'roughly manhandled', 'assaulted', 'phones and videos taken' at Chancery St this morning.
    Hopefully some of ye lucky enough to be there.
    https://www.facebook.com/IntegrityIRL/posts/571497166330603

The comments below....

453436757_i_see_crazy_people_by_sketchoo_xlarge.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

im about to sack a judge in monaghan, judge mc glochlin.

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Good luck with that.

Probably some urban dictionary definition.

sacking
    It is when you take a photo of yours or someone else scrotum near a person's face while they sleep.
    Shane passed out early so we took a picture of me sacking him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Incoming sh!tstorm on social media. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/video-shows-garda-using-baton-in-property-auction-melee-705487.html

Video has emerged of a confrontation between gardaí and protesters at a property auction in Gorey, Co Wexford, in which a garda is seen using a baton during the melee.

In the four minute-clip, a garda is seen explaining to a man that an allegation of assault had been made against him. The garda asks for the man’s name and address.
    The man, encouraged by fellow protesters, asks to be told the specific section of the law under which he is being asked for his name.
    The garda confirms the act and section in question (Section 2 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act), but the man insists on having it quoted while he is being asked for his name.

The garda tells the man he is “now placing (him) under arrest” and the crowd becomes agitated, with a number of people shouting “Illegal arrest”, “peaceful protest” and “Arrest one, arrest all”. A number of scuffles break out.

Skip to about 3.45 to see the Garda in action. A thing of beauty it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭GavMan

ken wrote: »
    Incoming sh!tstorm on social media. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/video-shows-garda-using-baton-in-property-auction-melee-705487.html

Video has emerged of a confrontation between gardaí and protesters at a property auction in Gorey, Co Wexford, in which a garda is seen using a baton during the melee.

In the four minute-clip, a garda is seen explaining to a man that an allegation of assault had been made against him. The garda asks for the man’s name and address.
    The man, encouraged by fellow protesters, asks to be told the specific section of the law under which he is being asked for his name.
    The garda confirms the act and section in question (Section 2 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act), but the man insists on having it quoted while he is being asked for his name.

The garda tells the man he is “now placing (him) under arrest” and the crowd becomes agitated, with a number of people shouting “Illegal arrest”, “peaceful protest” and “Arrest one, arrest all”. A number of scuffles break out.

Skip to about 3.45 to see the Garda in action. A thing of beauty it is.

Just before the baton comes out, they guy that gets a few clips of seems to be trying to do something to the garda. Seems to be trying to get at him or is notebook. I can't quite tell.

If he was trying to get physical with the garda, you see why he gets a couple of belts

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He went straight down after that crack from the baton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm a bit surprised it was that many. We can probably guess who they were pretty easily though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm not sure I would have reacted any differently than that Garda, given the crowd surrounding him starting to get very agitated and pushy.

I'm not sure I would have reacted any differently than that Garda, given the crowd surrounding him starting to get very agitated and pushy.
    I wouldn't have been that patient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Promote that Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

GavMan wrote: »
    Just before the baton comes out, they guy that gets a few clips of seems to be trying to do something to the garda. Seems to be trying to get at him or is notebook. I can't quite tell.

If he was trying to get physical with the garda, you see why he gets a couple of belts

The idiotic thing about it all is the lad who they wanted to nick wouldn't have been nicked at all were it not for a few others egging it all on. It's no more than a game for these time wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

The idiotic thing about it all is the lad who they wanted to nick wouldn't have been nicked at all were it not for a few others egging it all on. It's no more than a game for these time wasters.

How did they get the time off work?

I think the Dole does flexi time.

I think it's called stupid time...

• Advertisement

Doocey now claiming revenue moves to make him pay tax are all part of a state conspiracy against him...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doocey now claiming revenue moves to make him pay tax are all part of a state conspiracy against him...

they are. a conspiracy to make him pay take like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus tap dancing Christ! Is there anyone he won't blame for his troubles? Wonder how Manning got on with that statement?

Looking at the list it was a Circuit Court Civil claim for tax debt I presume the Beak told the non-doctor to sling his hook

They do send in the Sheriff if he has any obvious assets to seize if he doesn't they sue

Third in the Civil List for hearing today
    Michael Gladney -v- Joe Doocey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Third in the Civil List for hearing today
    Michael Gladney -v- Joe Doocey
    Whats it about?

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats it about?

Gladney is the Collector General of the Revenue Commissioners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Tax debt doesn't go before the courts. The Revenue just instruct their sheriff to collect.

Three options available to Revenue to secure payment of Tax debts, sheriff, solicitor or attachment. Solicitor route can end in payment or registration of a Judgement.

Advertisement