Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

2 days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

muffler wrote: »
    Use the online contact form

Filled out this form, and got an email back explaining what this was, and that I need to contact their customer services (which I thought was what I just did???) if I want to still get the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

johnmryan wrote: »
    Filled out this form, and got an email back explaining what this was, and that I need to contact their customer services (which I thought was what I just did???) if I want to still get the card?

Ditto. Just got much the same email. I thought I had just contacted their customer services as well. Maybe they are getting a lot of requests all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did you state that you wanted the card re "BAI Sound & Vision Scheme" and that you have your own equipment installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

muffler wrote: »
    Did you state that you wanted the card re "BAI Sound & Vision Scheme" and that you have your own equipment installed?

This is what I wrote
    Hi there, I would like to request a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme

Kind regards

John

extract reply
    If you wish to proceed with ordering the FTA card we would need you to contact our customer service department.

We are open from 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Can anyone that has received a card in the last week confirm that it is loading UK epg?

I just ordered a second one from a different address and it is not defaulting to UK EPG I have one I got weeks ago and it works the best.
    Can anyone confirm they still default to UK EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

This is what I wrote

extract reply

I got the same reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can anyone confirm they still default to UK EPG.

Did the card trick again today & it worked perfectly,the first time I did it,I didn't allow the UK epg to load fully:o (best to check a few channels & see if the epg is up to date on them)

Have 2 boxes running with the UK/Irish epg on them now & can record on the 2nd HD box that I use for FTA thanks to an old blue card I found lying around:)

zerks wrote: »
    Did the card trick again today & it worked perfectly,the first time I did it,I didn't allow the UK epg to load fully:o (best to check a few channels & see if the epg is up to date on them)

Have 2 boxes running with the UK/Irish epg on them now & can record on the 2nd HD box that I use for FTA thanks to an old blue card I found lying around:)
    Thanks for the reply I have a card that i got a few weeks ago and it works fine but i got an other to a different address through the week and it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks for the reply I have a card that i got a few weeks ago and it works fine but i got an other to a different address through the week and it wont work

You can use the same ftv card on different boxes for the 'card trick',no need to get a different card.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    You can use the same ftv card on different boxes for the 'card trick',no need to get a different card.

I know that m8 I also have NI FTV card just this card I got for a friends does not default to UK EPG, I was wondering is it all cards they are now sending or did I get a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Do you need a Sky HD box to do this? Even just to get the non-HD channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

0mega wrote: »
    Do you need a Sky HD box to do this? Even just to get the non-HD channels?

Yes, the HD boxes are the only ones that cache the EPG (works on all Sky HD boxes bar the early Thomson ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mofty

I contacted customer service, they seemed reluctant to send out the card and said that using it on my sky box would effect the use of my current sky card. Is this true? Should i follow up on my order?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mofty wrote: »
    I contacted customer service, they seemed reluctant to send out the card and said that using it on my sky box would effect the use of my current sky card. Is this true? Should i follow up on my order?

Not true. One thing to bear in mind though is that a new version of the epg is coming. Testers have shown the card trick no longer works with the new version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You were supposed to tell them you hadn't a current Sky card, that's why you need one for Setanta.

Oh ok. I'll ring them again. Thanks for yer help...

Oh ok. I'll ring them again. Thanks for yer help...
    There is no need to ring send they an Email saying you have dish and box you need a card

There is no need to ring send they an Email saying you have dish and box you need a card
    I did do that. They replied "if you wish to proceed with ordering the FTA card we would need you to contact our customer service department." They really seem hesitant to send them out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

greendom wrote: »
    Not true. One thing to bear in mind though is that a new version of the epg is coming. Testers have shown the card trick no longer works with the new version

Is this 100% definite? That the trick will not work when new EPG arrives?

• Advertisement

maximus02 wrote: »
    Is this 100% definite? That the trick will not work when new EPG arrives?
    Not 100% but the signs are not good. Where there's hope though....

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

Not 100% but the signs are not good. Where there's hope though....

It has been confirmed by one of the beta testers that it does not work? Is this correct?

Woodie40 wrote: »
    It has been confirmed by one of the beta testers that it does not work? Is this correct?

Warlikedave in the "New EPG to launch thread" has been trying to do the trick with the Beta version of the EPG and so far he has been unable. The only positive is that he only has a single feed on his box so it could be issues to do with that preventing the recording Other Channels.

The below link is where I saw it confirmed that it no longer works?

http://www.irishupandcomingmusicscene.tk/wordpressgaming/?p=201&cpage=1#comment-23686

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Channels keep disappearing despite box always been plugged in does prolonged periods of standby reset the trick?

Channels keep disappearing despite box always been plugged in does prolonged periods of standby reset the trick?

The only time this has happened to me is when the electricity went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Warlikedave in the "New EPG to launch thread" has been trying to do the trick with the Beta version of the EPG and so far he has been unable. The only positive is that he only has a single feed on his box so it could be issues to do with that preventing the recording Other Channels.

Aye well recording that applies to - Ill be testing out the card trick in a few minutes. Ive received the new release that was launched yesterday. It has been rolled out to a few customers who are not in the beta program as well so.

The staggered release of the epg has started on a small scale first....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056604763&page=10

It didnt work at all - the previous error of it auto switching to 998 when selecting a channel that should have a shared epg slot is gone as well

As soon as I placed the Irish sub card in it reverted to the Irish epg with my hd sub channels in the right place.

I suspect that the new epg has a cache and i can confirm that the standard epg with no card is the Irish one.

It didnt work at all - the previous error of it auto switching to 998 when selecting a channel that should have a shared epg slot is gone as well

As soon as I placed the Irish sub card in it reverted to the Irish epg with my hd sub channels in the right place.

I suspect that the new epg has a cache and i can confirm that the standard epg with no card is the Irish one.

Just to confirm, not only can you not record the "other channels" they are no longer even visible on the standard epg? They are only accessible through the other channel section ?

• Advertisement

Just to confirm, not only can you not record the "other channels" they are no longer even visible on the standard epg? They are only accessible through the other channel section ?

I confirm that the card trick is not working for me at all :( Additional channels are only accessible via "other channels"

Advertisement