Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im a wee bit lost here as a couple of the posts contained slightly different info. If I get up tomorrow and find my Sky box has had the upgrade and I have lost the ITV channels what exactly should I be doing to get them back and recordable again?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

muffler wrote: »
    Im a wee bit lost here as a couple of the posts contained slightly different info. If I get up tomorrow and find my Sky box has had the upgrade and I have lost the ITV channels what exactly should I be doing to get them back and recordable again?

Re-boot your box with the UK card. Set favourite channels - matching those in 'other channels'. Then switch to your Irish card and the UK channels that you have set as favourites can be watched (& recorded) via the Blue button.

Re-boot your box with the UK card. Set favourite channels - matching those in 'other channels'. Then switch to your Irish card and the UK channels that you have set as favourites can be watched (& recorded) via the Blue button.
    I already have the UK channels stored in favourites so do I need to add a few other channels from "other channels" to get them matching? And can this be done now or just wait until the box is upgraded?

Thanks for the reply.

muffler wrote: »
    I already have the UK channels stored in favourites so do I need to add a few other channels from "other channels" to get them matching? And can this be done now or just wait until the box is upgraded?

Thanks for the reply.

I had a number of the 'other channels' set as favourites previously and they remained that way after the epg update. To be honest with you between work, the football and the missus catching up on the soaps I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it .. but it definitely works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One slight glitch I found is that if you are watching one of the 'other channels' on the EPG then go to scroll through the channels using the arrow buttons it causes the box to go to the Welcome to Sky channel or whatever it's called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jca wrote: »
    Will the uk channels stay in the favourites if it's unplugged or is it like the original card trick and have to be redone after a power outage?
    Answering my own query here(sad or what) I unplugged the box and the "favourites" disappeared. I'm still on the old epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Answering my own query here(sad or what) I unplugged the box and the "favourites" disappeared. I'm still on the old epg.
    When you do the card trick again do you get them back on favourites?

energy1942 wrote: »
    When you do the card trick again do you get them back on favourites?
    Yea when you reboot with the uk card.Using the services or options menu go to favourites and just press the save button. The "trick" channels are already ticked and are added to favourites.

I got the new epg this morning cannot for the life of me get the uk channels into favourites to make them recordable. Trick is doomed me thinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Same for me.

• Advertisement

I got the new epg this morning cannot for the life of me get the uk channels into favourites to make them recordable. Trick is doomed me thinks!!
    Have you made sure that channels have been ticked in favourites after perfoming card trick? my software was updated on both my boxes this morning and it is working using the blue buttons to record.

Have you made sure that channels have been ticked in favourites after perfoming card trick? my software was updated on both my boxes this morning and it is working using the blue buttons to record.
    I wasn't ticking and saving the trick channels when using the Irish card. I've done that and successfully recorded from itv1. I thought the channels would be visible as favourites. I'm out at the moment but if I search using the blue button for a program that's broadcasting live can I then pause and rewind?

I wasn't ticking and saving the trick channels when using the Irish card. I've done that and successfully recorded from itv1. I thought the channels would be visible as favourites. I'm out at the moment but if I search using the blue button for a program that's broadcasting live can I then pause and rewind?
    Yes.

The reminder works too. I just tried it for the chase on ITV HD, pressed select when the reminder banner popped up and it brought me to ITV HD. Pause rewindable too. I'm happy with that tbh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 corkdavid

All the extra channels have disappeared on my Sky HD boxes...any suggestions on how to get them back? Ticked Channel 5,ITV etc on my favourite channels under OPTIONS but no sign of them anywhere...!!

Panicking now as I am a huge Big Brother fan on Channel 5........

corkdavid wrote: »
    All the extra channels have disappeared on my Sky HD boxes...any suggestions on how to get them back? Ticked Channel 5,ITV etc on my favourite channels under OPTIONS but no sign of them anywhere...!!

Panicking now as I am a huge Big Brother fan on Channel 5........
    Did you press green button to save them & remember you watch & record them via the blue button only,

Did you press green button to save them & remember you watch & record them via the blue button only,

They are all saved under OPTIONS and favourite channels....but when you go to TV Guide & Favourites..they are not there.........Channel 5 not on the EPG either.....

They are all saved under OPTIONS and favourite channels....but when you go to TV Guide & Favourites..they are not there.........Channel 5 not on the EPG either.....
    Remember you watch & record them via the blue button only, they are not in the tv guide, press you're blue button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Works great (as described) on the new epg- thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

Works fine for me too. Not as good as old trick but still great to still have the channels easily accessible! Great find!

• Advertisement

Im confused..Had Big Brother set on series link and it is recording and watchable..I just do not know where to see the extra UK channels on the EPG........Where do you access the extra channels on the EPG?

Im confused..Had Big Brother set on series link and it is recording and watchable..I just do not know where to see the extra UK channels on the EPG........Where do you access the extra channels on the EPG?
    You need to store them in the "other channels"first.

They're not on the epg. They can be accessed via the blue button, if you have saved the UK channels as favourites

Does anyone have the favourites doubling up? It's not a big deal but on one of my boxes I have to press the blue button twice to get it to scroll to the next channel. It's like it only sees one of the doubled channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Reboot your box and do the card trick again and tick the favourites again, this will cure the doubling up problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

I managed to get the channels added to favourites on a 1tb HD box using a setanta card. I then went to anytime recordings to find there were now none listed. My own recordings are still there however.

Are the missing anytime listings normal after the "card trick" ?. Is there any way to get the listings back?

Happy to have the uk channels recordable again - thanks to all who figured it out.

I managed to get the channels added to favourites on a 1tb HD box using a setanta card. I then went to anytime recordings to find there were now none listed. My own recordings are still there however.

Are the missing anytime listings normal after the "card trick" ?. Is there any way to get the listings back?

Happy to have the uk channels recordable again - thanks to all who figured it out.

My Anytime did return

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

My Anytime did return

Thanks, I just noticed this morning that there are some new programmes in Anytime. I was hoping to watch some films that were there before I redid the card trick. Seems like they are gone for good.
    At least I can now record ITV HD and the new EPG seems to be nice a nice improvement.

Does Anytime deletion always occur after the card trick?

DigiDec wrote: »
    Reboot your box and do the card trick again and tick the favourites again, this will cure the doubling up problem.
    Worked perfectly thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I just noticed this morning that there are some new programmes in Anytime. I was hoping to watch some films that were there before I redid the card trick. Seems like they are gone for good.
    At least I can now record ITV HD and the new EPG seems to be nice a nice improvement.

Does Anytime deletion always occur after the card trick?

Yes

Advertisement