Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

won't recognise the ftv card at all.

That sounds like a problem with your FTV card then, as a rebooted box with a UK card in it will always bring on the UK EPG, card trick or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Has anyone else had problems with the card trick today?
    Came down to find the box rebooted this morning and can't get the trick to work since.
    I have just re-booted both of my boxes, done the card trick & they are both working fine suggest you clean the terminal on your card.

It stopped working for me as well - recent update/reboot (i using the beta software) ended it for me as well :(
    Does your ftv card still change to british epg?

energy1942 wrote: »
    Does your ftv card still change to british epg?

It does - the ftv epg works until you place the Irish sub card back in then you cant see the ftv channels anymore plus if you type in the epg number of any former ftv epg channel it wont switch to the Irish equivalent - it auto switches to channel 998

• Advertisement

It does - the ftv epg works until you place the Irish sub card back in then you cant see the ftv channels anymore plus if you type in the epg number of any former ftv epg channel it wont switch to the Irish equivalent - it auto switches to channel 998

Not talking about people with the Beta software here, just the other chap that's having issues.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Not talking about people with the Beta software here, just the other chap that's having issues.

I know but it happened after some sort of reboot/update in the same few days that it happened to me via reboot/update (it could be the same patch for regular and beta users - speculation) - just thought that it might be possible that it was linked plus i was asked a question :P

I know but it happened after some sort of reboot/update in the same few days that it happened to me via reboot/update (it could be the same patch for regular and beta users - speculation) - just thought that it might be possible that it was linked plus i was asked a question :P

Ha ha, yeah I know what you're saying but you're a special case when it comes to the card trick ;)

machiavellianme with the normal software sounds like his problem is with his card and the reboot is a coincidence that just brought it to his attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'll retest again later when I get home from work.
    It seems to be the card alright.

Tried the card on 3 boxes and had the same issue. Irish EPG only but Sony and LFC are the only channels clearing. I even tried it on a standard white box with the UK EPG already on it and it loaded up the Irish EPG once the card was inserted.

I'll retest again later when I get home from work.
    It seems to be the card alright.

Tried the card on 3 boxes and had the same issue. Irish EPG only but Sony and LFC are the only channels clearing. I even tried it on a standard white box with the UK EPG already on it and it loaded up the Irish EPG once the card was inserted.

Hang on a minute, did you get your card for free from Setanta? Did you do the card trick and then activate it? Because it sounds like you've an Irish FTV card there and you can't do the Card Trick with an Irish card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hang on a minute, did you get your card for free from Setanta? Did you do the card trick and then activate it? Because it sounds like you've an Irish FTV card there and you can't do the Card Trick with an Irish card!

Ah, that makes sense.
    The first time I did the trick was before I activated with Setanta. I guess I shouldnt have activated then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Sounds like a few HD boxes may have been firmware updated and auto rebooted in the last few days. I don't keep track of the version numbers so not too sure!
    Mine had dropped all the UK EPG entries because of this, but I managed to add them back fine with the UK FTV card.

MBSnr wrote: »
    Sounds like a few HD boxes may have been firmware updated and auto rebooted in the last few days. I don't keep track of the version numbers so not too sure!
    Mine had dropped all the UK EPG entries because of this, but I managed to add them back fine with the UK FTV card.
    Does this mean you were able to do the card trick again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Same here. Box was restarted the other day overnight. Card trick done again, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

The card trick stopped working for me. Was working fine up to a power cut last weekend. Tried lots of different ways. English FTV card is working fine when it's in.

I don't know if the box firmware got updated. My current OS version is R0003.047.25.00P, EPG Version 47.0.16.1

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

groom wrote: »
    My current OS version is R0003.047.25.00P, EPG Version 47.0.16.1

Thats exactly the same as mine and the card trick is working ok for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

The card trick stopped working for me. Was working fine up to a power cut last weekend. Tried lots of different ways. English FTV card is working fine when it's in.

I don't know if the box firmware got updated. My current OS version is R0003.047.25.00P, EPG Version 47.0.16.1
    pbarr wrote: »
    Same as mine and card trick working here.

Unplug your box reboot with FTV card press TV guide swap cards the irish EPG will load and the channels you have saved in other channels will stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Two of my HD boxes both amstrad DRX890s both updated over the last few days to OSV R003.047.29.00P.
    Card trick still working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

dogtoffee wrote: »

pbarr wrote: »

Unplug your box reboot with FTV card press TV guide swap cards the irish EPG will load and the channels you have saved in other channels will stick.
    Is it a good idea to swap cards with the box on? I always put it into standby to put in the Irish card. Hot swapping always makes me nervous!!

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Two of my HD boxes both amstrad DRX890s both updated over the last few days to OSV R0003.047.29.00P.
    Card trick still working.

Wonder what version is warlikedave trying out.

• Advertisement

Warlike dave is on the new beta epg.

jca wrote: »
    Warlike dave is on the new beta epg.
    Yes that must be different from the updates that the OPs experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Wolves8

guys, can you tell me if the card trick works with a UK sub card?, I cab get my hands on one of these but not a FTV card....

Wolves8 wrote: »
    guys, can you tell me if the card trick works with a UK sub card?, I cab get my hands on one of these but not a FTV card....
    Yep. Any uk card will do. It doesn't have to be active. All the uk card does is load the uk epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

warlikedave is on R004.029.07.00P the new beta OSV version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

dogtoffee wrote: »

Followed your instructions exactly and got it back. Thought I had done that exactly already. Cheers

I have a suggestion for warlikedave or anyone else using the beta epg. Try deleting everything in other channels and rebooting. Then renter the frequencies for other channels and then try the card trick. Maybe if the other channels are installed through the new epg you could be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Just got my card today from Setanta but can't get it working. He's my steps.
    -unplug box
    -take out Irish card and put in Setanta card.
    -plug back in and channel five, ITV etc are there
    -Turn off box with remote (leave plugged in)
    -take out uk card and put back Irish one

But the epg just reverts back to the Irish one with channel 5 and the ITV's only accessible from "other channels"
    Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong, tried it about 10 times now with the same results. I have the sky+ HD box by the way if it makes a difference.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Just got my card today from Setanta but can't get it working. He's my steps.
    -unplug box
    -take out Irish card and put in Setanta card.
    -plug back in and channel five, ITV etc are there
    -Turn off box with remote (leave plugged in)
    -take out uk card and put back Irish one

But the epg just reverts back to the Irish one with channel 5 and the ITV's only accessible from "other channels"
    Anyone got any ideas where I'm going wrong, tried it about 10 times now with the same results. I have the sky+ HD box by the way if it makes a difference.

Did you store those channels into 'Other channels'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Did you store those channels into 'Other channels'?

Yeah have them all saved in that section.

Advertisement