Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

jca wrote: »
    You should be ok with the latest software. One of my boxes is running the latest software and the card trick is working fine.;)

Oh yeah, I never noticed this post, can you confirm everything is working, recording etc, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Will a wales region new sky free sat from sky work with this trick?
    Can you remind where to get one new locally in the uk again and the cost?
    If not wales, can you confirm which regions do work.
    As this is a long thread,could someone link to the latest valid instructions if anything has changed or confirm that the link in the last post is the position for the old HD epg aswell

Welsh card will work, first post of the thread contains the instructions, just remember to find and store the correct channel variations in 'Other Channels'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Due to power cut I lost the channels (as happened plenty of times before) but this time it didn't work, when I put in my regular sky card I only got the UK channels, as if the UK card was still in......am I doing something wrong?

I'm always careful to follow the instructions carefully, not sure why this has happened now after all this time?

• Advertisement

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Due to power cut I lost the channels (as happened plenty of times before) but this time it didn't work, when I put in my regular sky card I only got the UK channels, as if the UK card was still in......am I doing something wrong?

I'm always careful to follow the instructions carefully, not sure why this has happened now after all this time?

This has happened to me a few times while testing cards, re-insert the Irish card and start changing channels, it'll freeze at some stage and when it comes back it'll be on channel 999 and you'll have the UK/Irish EPG mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Dr. Nick wrote: »

give the chip on your Irish card a wipe and try again I had same fault last time I cut the power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Worked a treat, thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Sorry everyone. I did the forced update about six weeks ago. The box is running the standard epg + trick not the beta epg. Not looking good for the trick with the new epg I fear. It's our own fault for putting it on a public forum. We aren't breaking any laws as the channels are fta but the paddys getting more channels than our uk counterparts will not do at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tried this earlier and got no Ch5 or ITV on 105 & 103,got ITV HD though but found that the box wouldn't scroll through favourites and then refused to scroll through the EPG.
    Ended up resetting the box back to the Irish EPG.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?

• Advertisement

Well no Channel 5 or ITV sounds like you haven't tuned in the correct channel variations.
    No idea why you had other issues, did you try more than once to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gtg60 wrote: »
    Well no Channel 5 or ITV sounds like you haven't tuned in the correct channel variations.
    No idea why you had other issues, did you try more than once to do it?

Could be a region problem with Ch5,not worried about ITV as I could get the HD version.I'll try it again and see if the other issues persist.I tried it on two boxes and had some issues on both.
    I think the old Pace box I use for FTA is ok,I can record on it aswell thanks to an old blue Irish card, albiet in single feed mode as I have only one cable going to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I got an East Anglia FTV card this week. Most channels have been added but I haven't been able to get ITV1 HD or Channel 5 onto my EPG.

For ITV1 HD I've tried adding these freqs individually to Other Channels but they don't stay on the EPG after inserting the Irish sub card
    ITV 1 London HD - 10832 H 22000 5/6
    ITV 1 Granada HD and STV West HD - 10936 V 22000 5/6
    10.834 H 22.0 5/6
    I've tried deleting other varaints so there is only one ITV1 HD in Other Channels per attempt.

For Channel 5 I can view it on 105 with the FTV card but with the Irish card in it doesn't get added to the EPG and if I try to view it in Other Channels it's a black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

groom wrote: »
    I got an East Anglia FTV card this week. Most channels have been added but I haven't been able to get ITV1 HD or Channel 5 onto my EPG.

For ITV1 HD I've tried adding these freqs individually to Other Channels but they don't stay on the EPG after inserting the Irish sub card

I've tried deleting other varaints so there is only one ITV1 HD in Other Channels per attempt.

For Channel 5 I can view it on 105 with the FTV card but with the Irish card in it doesn't get added to the EPG and if I try to view it in Other Channels it's a black screen.
    AFAIK you will only get ITV HD if the ITV region are broadcasting in HD. As an example UTV isn't available yet on HD so if you had a UTV card you wont get it on HD. Chances are that East Anglia are the same. But check the high channel numbers on your Sky box: 970's - 990's. Some channels appear there.

I have no idea about channel 5. There are 5 different regions of C5 so maybe add all 5 of them to "other channels" and then do the card trick again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I've an East Anglia card and my sister's box has ch 5 on 105. I notice when i did the card trick you should wait a good few minutes to make sure the FTV EPG is loaded. ITV London is on 993. I think the EA card is blocked to ITV HD this applies to other regions as well.

Use 10.964 H 22.0 5/6 to get channel 5 and 5* into the other channels. Select all that appear and redo the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Ch5 shouldnt be problem just add the correct region (Anglia should be Region 2-Part Network). Your ITV1 HD (Meridian) tho comes from the BBC HD tp which is DVB-S2 so you'll need a different region card if you want it.

Thanks for all the replies. Does it make a difference if you have a couple of variants in Other Channels? If you have incorrect variants in there could it be blocking the correct ones from getting picked up?

Edit: Got Channel 5. Just added all the different variant from the freq jca listed above so answered my own question there.

zerks wrote: »
    Tried this earlier and got no Ch5 or ITV on 105 & 103,got ITV HD though but found that the box wouldn't scroll through favourites and then refused to scroll through the EPG.
    Ended up resetting the box back to the Irish EPG.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?
    Good it worked out with CH5. Do you get any ITV on 103?

Yeah cheers have ITV1 Anglia E on 105

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Hiya.

I have been given a Welsh card. Does anyone know which ITV1 HD frequency I should use for Other Channels? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Has anyone else had problems with the card trick today?
    Came down to find the box rebooted this morning and can't get the trick to work since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

The box rebooted overnight but I had no problems getting the channels back with the card. Just watching the game on 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Had to redo it today due to a power cut worked no problem.

For some reason it stays with the irish epg every time I reboot and won't recognise the ftv card at all. Ah well. Twas nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

I've recently tuned in rte2 hd and ch4 hd is there anyway to use this trick to get them on the epg

It stopped working for me as well - recent update/reboot (i using the beta software) ended it for me as well :(

I've recently tuned in rte2 hd and ch4 hd is there anyway to use this trick to get them on the epg

rte2 hd? i have to ask - thats an error isnt it or have they as in sky been sneaking the irish HD channel to test customers? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

rte2 hd? i have to ask - thats an error isnt it or have they as in sky been sneaking the irish HD channel to test customers? :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056633591

• Advertisement

Tis a test. Label 1270 and not rte2 hd. See the other thread for tuning details.

Advertisement