Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

are you sure you have the correct regions of the various channels installed in your other channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

DigiDec wrote: »
    are you sure you have the correct regions of the various channels installed in your other channels?

The ITV's and channel 5's are what the installer put on it for me when he installed it two weeks ago, not sure what regions they are though, except utv which is Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

if you're card is issued by setanta ireland it is no good for the card trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Could it be a Thompson box.

energy1942 wrote: »

Just afer going right through the epg and all I'm missing is UTV, ITV 1 and Channel 5 (even though I have channel 5+1) I'll mess around with the regions and see what I come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

pbarr wrote: »
    Could it be a Thompson box.
    The make of the box will make no difference the setanta ireland card simply will not work.

Got all Channel 5's now , deleted the one that was stored and re scanned and it stayed this time. So just ITV 1 or UTV to go. The ITV region that comes up when I have the uk card in is ITV1 central w, so jusyt have to find its frequency and hopefully I'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

yeah thats it mate, sorted.

DigiDec wrote: »
    yeah thats it mate, sorted.

Yeah sorted thanks. All Channel 5's and ITV's. ITV 1 is Central W. Saves having to go into the other channels menu now. Have to keep this Setanta card safe now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

It will do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

The make of the box will make no difference the setanta ireland card simply will not work.

Incorrect, an unactivated Setanta card works for the trick.

Wrong again, the Thomson box will not allow the trick to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

gtg60 wrote: »

Sorry if this is a stupid question. How does one get the Setanta Card and how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

gtg60 wrote: »

Just the old Thompson boxes the big ones don't work, the new smaller ones do.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Woodie40 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question. How does one get the Setanta Card and how much is it?
    Just fill in the online enquiry form in the contact section of their site, ask for a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme. Let them know you have a receiver & dish, there is no charge.

bodonnell wrote: »
    Just fill in the online enquiry form in the contact section of their site, ask for a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme. Let them know you have a receiver & dish, there is no charge.

Thanks, BTW does the new epg mean the end of the card trick and if so when will it be launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just dont get Setanta to pair the card or you wont be able to do the trick!

Just dont get Setanta to pair the card or you wont be able to do the trick!
    I asked for one to be sent out to me, is there anything else that i need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

what exactly does "give me a card under the BAI sound and vision scheme" mean? And are you sure a bill won't arrive?

Woodie40 wrote: »
    I asked for one to be sent out to me, is there anything else that i need to do?

No. Just use it for the card trick and keep it safe. You dont need to do anything as far as sky or setanta are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

Done this but Channel 5 and Channel 4 HD have gone off the EPG. BBC and ITV are still in 101 and 103 with RTE and Tv3 on same numbers.

• Advertisement

find a different version of channel 5 and 4hd and you should be in business. There's another thread that has the correct tunings. Cant search now as I'm on a mobile device.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Can anyone tell me what region is the card that you get from Setanta is it a NI one.

Can anyone tell me what region is the card that you get from Setanta is it a NI one.

London Central W

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

It's not any region as such. It just forces the box to load the default UK EPG which we used to get before when you booted the box up with your card upside down. It has BBC1 London at 101 and ITV1 Central W at 103.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Can anyone that has received a card in the last week confirm that it is loading UK epg?

I just ordered a second one from a different address and it is not defaulting to UK EPG I have one I got weeks ago and it works the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

a satellite view card under the BAI Sound & Vision scheme.

What exactly is this can anyone tell me, and why would they send one to Ireland with the UK EPG on it, sorry just trying to get my head around it. Is it possible to have them send me one of these cards for free and then use if for the card trick? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

TheDriver wrote: »
    what exactly does "give me a card under the BAI sound and vision scheme" mean? And are you sure a bill won't arrive?

Do you have to ring Setanta to request a card? I looked for an email address, but couldn't find one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

christo82 wrote: »
    Do you have to ring Setanta to request a card? I looked for an email address, but couldn't find one. Thanks
    Use the online contact form

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

How long does it usually take after ordering before you get the card? Days/weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

mine took a week. ish

( i forgot to reply to the email they sent)

Advertisement