Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a 'nice guy' or a 'bad guy' ?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Malari wrote: »
    I have been known rewind a number of times to try to read his t-shirts properly :D

On topic: Would James Bond be considered a bad boy? He doesn't treat women very well, but he's the ultimate good guy :confused:

James Bond is a classic anti-hero as opposed to the ultimate good guy. He has assorted personality and emotional flaws, is arrogant, violent and if the films are to be believed is, i imagine, rife with disease.

However he protects the world from evil but is a less than exemplary person which is really the attraction of such characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

James Bond is a classic anti-hero as opposed to the ultimate good guy. He has assorted personality and emotional flaws, is arrogant, violent and if the films are to be believed is, i imagine, rife with disease.

However he protects the world from evil but is a less than exemplary person which is really the attraction of such characters.

yeah james bond was a bit poncey

H. M. "Howling Mad" Murdock now he was a master of decption... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

To me James Bond is a bad guy! Women would love to be with James Bond and he gets all the women. Yet he treats them like crap!

I must get an Aston Martin!

py2006 wrote: »
    To me James Bond is a bad guy! Women would love to be with James Bond and he gets all the women. Yet he treats them like crap!

How does he treat them like crap. He has sex with them and normally the try and kill him.

Now Indiana Jones was rapey as ****. Anybody else ever get that vibe off him?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

How does he treat them like crap. He has sex with them and normally the try and kill him.

Now Indiana Jones was rapey as ****. Anybody else ever get that vibe off him?

:eek: No! Indy was GREAT!

• Advertisement

Eh, Bond loves them and leaves them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

No he doesnt he just a womaniser who can help but be attracted to hot chick who lore him into there fiendish plans....

Malari wrote: »
    :eek: No! Indy was GREAT!

Yeah, but he was also kind of pushy and didn't really seem to take no for an answer. Also, take a look at Harrison Ford's face when he first kisses a woman.

Rapey i tells ya!!!

So.

Does he tell them he will love them forever and marry them?

Do the show any sign of wanting anything other than a roll with Mr Bond?

Women can enjoy no strings attached sex as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A friend of mine ran an experiment to test this theory. For a week he treated all the girls he was interested in like dirt. Sent txts that he couldn't even believe he got away with and it worked. The result was three girls chasing him!

Buy that man a beer.

So.

Does he tell them he will love them forever and marry them?

Do the show any sign of wanting anything other than a roll with Mr Bond?

Women can enjoy no strings attached sex as well.

Eh, I was simply making the point that Bond is a 'bad guy'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

I must get an Aston Martin!

To me, this is the crux of the matter - what defines a bad guy!!

If he "treats them like crap", hes a bad guy imo!

But I wouldnt call him sleeping with every woman on the planet (or so it seems :)) while not in a committed relationship as treating them like crap.

So what other evidence is there he treats them like crap?

So what other evidence is there he treats them like crap?

Well he doesn't call! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Sociopaths win. As long as they have enough regard for how others perceive them. Applies to all walks of life; business, sport, politics and shägging.

The ones who don't give a damn about how they are perceived are dangerous.

Advertisement