Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a 'nice guy' or a 'bad guy' ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I think it is instinctive.

Just like some men are more inclined to go for women with amazing figures ie bigger boobs etc. which I admit seems to be more frowned upon.

Why do bigger boobs make an amazing figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

He said 'i.e' - obviously big boobs don't float everyone's boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

He also said "etc" indicating there are many more aspects of an amazing figure.

Also it is hardly a secret that a large amount of men like big boobs.

He also said "etc" indicating there are many more aspects of an amazing figure.

Also it is hardly a secret that a large amount of men like big boobs.

Exactly, it's not a crime. Is it any worse than saying women like big you-know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Exactly, it's not a crime. Is it any worse than saying women like big you-know.

Eyes? :P:pac:

• Advertisement

Eyes? :P:pac:

Thighs :rolleyes::p

"i.e" means "that is" or "that is to say" and is used in cases of providing a particular example the either prove the accuracy, or lend weight to, a particular statement. It's literally used to provide a specific example of what you are talking about.

If someone is willing to tell me he meant to use "e.g" then that's fine...but I'm one of those guys who reads what people type and assume they understand what they are typing.

"i.e" means "that is" or "that is to say" and is used in cases of providing a particular example the either prove the accuracy, or lend weight to, a particular statement. It's literally used to provide a specific example of what you are talking about.

If someone is willing to tell me he meant to use "e.g" then that's fine...but I'm one of those guys who reads what people type and assume they understand what they are typing.

Oh for God's sake, get over it, his preference or not, does it really matter.:rolleyes:

Oh for God's sake, get over it, his preference or not, does it really matter.:rolleyes:

Chill, the question wasn't aimed at you so i am unsure why you are having a hissy fit over it.

Chill, the question wasn't aimed at you so i am unsure why you are having a hissy fit over it.

Yeah, hissy fit on an internet forum. As if :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Another victory for Pedantry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

In my opinion sometimes they do, it depends on the girl.

I understand perfectly what it means, which is why I put "etc" at the end of it.

I said it because not everyone is turned on by big boobs.

****ing hell some people are needlessly pedantic.

In my opinion sometimes they do, it depends on the girl.

I understand perfectly what it means, which is why I put "etc" at the end of it.

I said it because not everyone is turned on by big boobs.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Now, now 'bad guys' lets get back to the topic at hand.

Sheesh, it takes a 'nice guy' to bring things back in order!

I'm never needlessly pedantic, i simply wanted to know what you meant.

Besides, oftentimes being pedantic is a sign of an OCD...so maybe it's not as cool as people think to revert to using "pedantic" as an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm never needlessly pedantic, i simply wanted to know what you meant.

Besides, oftentimes being pedantic is a sign of an OCD...so maybe it's not as cool as people think to revert to using "pedantic" as an insult.

well if you want to be technical its, CDO :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

First off, you cant classify nice guys as being less attractive. How do you even define a nice guy? Nature doesnt assign personalities and values depending on looks. Personally, it would be someone who would never cheat, get violent or lie (over serious issues. We all tell small porkies).

I agree with the comment about women wanting to "change" their bad boyfriend, which always makes me laugh. I think women get some weird fantasy in their heads when they're young about this. It's funny to me, because if the roles were reversed, guys would be repulsed by a girl who slept around. The comment about George Clooney being desirable kind of falls under the above. He's not a cheater (I think) but no girl has "tamed" him.

Personally, I think a lot more women like Wayne Rooney than would ever admit it. He's got the whole rich, successful caveman thing going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Musiconomist

irishh_bob wrote: »
    arrogant is a word that is over used theese days , truth be told , without a certain degree of arrogance , no one ( especially men ) would achieve anything , you need arrogance in order to believe you are capable , entitled and deserving of success , in my experience , women like arrogant men , most highly successfull men are arrogant and those guys are magnets , feminists however hate arrogant men and believe they must be crushed at all times

You realise you used the words arrogant/arrogance 6 times in one paragraph, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

Personally, I think a lot more women like Wayne Rooney than would ever admit it. He's got the whole rich, successful caveman thing going for him.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Rich is the only thing counting in his favor.

Hands up ladies, who fancies rich ugly men who cheat on their wives with hookers?

I suspect that very, very few women like him. Some would take him for his money though, no doubt.

Also, arrogance has been a turn off for me for as long as I can remember. I'm sure some women find it attractive but I loathe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Rich is the only thing counting in his favor.

Hands up ladies, who fancies rich ugly men who cheat on their wives with hookers?

I suspect that very, very few women like him. Some would take him for his money though, no doubt.

and Grannies. :eek:

• Advertisement

Don't some women like the Mr Darcy-personality type.

I'd consider him the classic "Bad Boy". Not Heathcliff (total nutcase :pac:)

Lizzie fancies the pants off him (he's also mad about her) but he's arrogantly shy (see his initial proposal which is both genuine but insulting) and can't express himself to woo her properly. He is privately a gentleman but publicly a bit cold and aloof yet still sexual. It's only when Lizzie learns of his private nature that she falls for him completely.

He also happens to be exceedingly rich but that's the thread in the Ladies Lounge!

So i'd consider arrogance, pride, masculinity coupled with shyness, manners and aloofnes to be the characteristics of the fabled bad boy.

I thought he only appeared arrogant, and he was really a decent person who had trouble expressing himself. :confused:

Lizzie sure didn't like him when she thought he was actually arrogant. She refused him and told him why.

I thought he only appeared arrogant, and he was really a decent person who had trouble expressing himself. :confused:

Lizzie sure didn't like him when she thought he was actually arrogant. She refused him and told him why.

She didn't like him beacuse of his manner and personality (and an unintended face saving insult - she is tolerable I daresay, but not handsome enough to tempt me , but she was attracted to him sexually as a woman to a man despite his owning half of Derbyshire , he just makes a balls of his proposal and coupled with other plot driven 'misunderstandings', she essentially rejects him for being a pr1ck.

He privately takes to heart her criticisms (doesn't state to her that he'll change, he does so anyway - for his own self improvement on character flaws she pointed out- though not with the intention to win her, he considers her a lost opportunity but they serendipitously meet again and coupled with his change of attitude and the initial attraction still intact, they get it on so to speak).

He's still the man he always was (read arrogant and stoic) but his heart is essentially in the right place. Darcy is not the pop culture bad boy with no empathy who is basically an arsehole through and through with no redeeming features.

Just an interesting character in the Bad Boy discussion.

I thought he had Asperger's. :o

foxyboxer wrote: »
    He's still the man he always was (read arrogant and stoic) but his heart is essentially in the right place. Darcy is not the pop culture bad boy with no empathy who is basically an arsehole through and through with no redeeming features.

Just an interesting character in the Bad Boy discussion.

Nooooo! I've always had the impression that he wasn't really arrogant, he only seemed so due to his aloof manner. I choose to reject your reality, and substitute my own.

I choose to reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Typical wimminz. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Typical wimminz. :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQboXJIi3LzWIIwqdXzXFkYlBi7nl1yzRLfbEJBSSqcx-banWU0XmKwwZMBlg

Adam Savage is no womanz (what's the singular of wimminz?) :pac:

I'm pleased to an inordinate degree that someone got the reference. :D

Malari wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQboXJIi3LzWIIwqdXzXFkYlBi7nl1yzRLfbEJBSSqcx-banWU0XmKwwZMBlg

Adam Savage is no womanz (what's the singular of wimminz?) :pac:

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'm pleased to an inordinate degree that someone got the reference. :D

I have been known rewind a number of times to try to read his t-shirts properly :D

On topic: Would James Bond be considered a bad boy? He doesn't treat women very well, but he's the ultimate good guy :confused:

Advertisement