Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Red Oak by Johnson Creek - Wisconsin Frost. S&Heaven gave me a free sample of this stuff and I shall be back for more.

Boy oh boy oh boy is this stuff good. Minty sort of peppermint (nothing menthol about it and it's mild) with a flavour that I just cannot describe, it's supposed to be an earthy cigar, it's kind of like how cedar smells, it has an earthy aroma to it. It's a pure VG but they water it down so you won't have wicking issues.

Without a shadow of a doubt THE best minty/peppermint with whatever is in it juice I've ever tried.

The juice itself is something to marvel at, it looks like a cloudy home made cider. My problem with menthol is that it's not really versatile or great if you're out having a few beers or vaping with a coffee, it just doesn't go well with a lot of things, not the case with this stuff because it's a mild minty wisp that's not too intrusive on the auld taste buds.

Pwaoah, that is all. :D

EDIT - Oh, so it turns out it's a tobacco extract, very tasty but it ruined a coil after a day of vaping (mind you I did some serious chain vaping and still worth it)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

Boy oh boy oh boy is this stuff good. Minty sort of peppermint (nothing menthol about it and it's mild) with a flavour that I just cannot describe, it's supposed to be an earthy cigar, it's kind of like how cedar smells, it has an earthy aroma to it. It's a pure VG but they water it down so you won't have wicking issues.

Without a shadow of a doubt THE best minty/peppermint with whatever is in it juice I've ever tried.

The juice itself is something to marvel at, it looks like a cloudy home made cider. My problem with menthol is that it's not really versatile or great if you're out having a few beers or vaping with a coffee, it just doesn't go well with a lot of things, not the case with this stuff because it's a mild minty wisp that's not too intrusive on the auld taste buds.

Pwaoah, that is all.

nice so it can be used in any vaperizer? also just to give some feed back l was dying from a sore throat for a week or so since starting last saturday but its all but gone now thank god l thought l had some PG intolerance but l'd still like to try a 100%VG with out having to get new kit like a "drip" thingy the girl in the shop said l'd need for 100% VG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Me doing a review ? well here goes , short and sweet .

If you remember the yellow glass sweets that when you got to the middle there was some lemon sherbet ????

Well thats what Vaping Dog Lime tastes like to me . I don't think I could vape it straight ( I think I would find it too sweet ) but mixed in with the light tobacco flavour and a few drops of caramel and I am vaping it all day and was a bit disappointed when it got time to switch to my other pipe . It's just the right amount of bitter/sweet with a bit of a tingly sherbet taste .

spinzes wrote: »
    nice so it can be used in any vaperizer? also just to give some feed back l was dying from a sore throat for a week or so since starting last saturday but its all but gone now thank god l thought l had some PG intolerance but l'd still like to try a 100%VG with out having to get new kit like a "drip" thingy the girl in the shop said l'd need for 100% VG

Yeah, and it looks about as thin as pure PG. You don't need to buy a dripper for VG bases either btw, you can use vodka and or distilled water to thin it out.

Don't use any more than 5% vodka or it will produce a harsh throat hit, 2% vodka and 8% distilled water works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Does anyone here use M&P Apple pie?
    I received a bottle yesterday from an on-line shop,put some in a newly coiled and wicked Taifun,tasted ok on the inhale but has an awful sour/bitter taste on the exhale.Just checked the bottle and it says ''mixed July 2013'' I'm just wondering is it gone off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Snake Oil - I am lost for words with this one. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's sweet and almost cool. Not menthol but.. Cool on the exhale. I can't explain it. Like a sweet I used to have when I was a child... It's really amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got some brilliant sweet flavours from Hangsen - Refresher and Orange Tic Tac among others. Both of these are a really nice vape, I have an issue with a lot of liquids that don't exactly taste how they should, the flavour on this is spot on, I recommend anyone to try to the Orange Tic Tac, lovely stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Chugging on Wingnuts Cola tastes like cola bottles absolutely gorgeous, I want to drink it straight from the bottle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Chugging on Wingnuts Cola tastes like cola bottles absolutely gorgeous, I want to drink it straight from the bottle.

It's unfriendly to plastic tanks though so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Was out in my local shop today and noticed their selling e-juice... Vivid it's called.. So here it is..

Flavour - Golden Tobacco (B&H Gold)

Accuracy - 4/10
    It has that sweetness but honestly it's not spot on. But still quite nice.
    Overall flavour - 8/10
    Very nice and flavourfull. But loses two points since its not dead on.
    Vapour: for a juice that's been diluted with water and Propylene-glycol it's very thick on vapour 7/10

I've been vaping this with an aerotank mega with a Vamo V5 on 9 and 11 watts. I'm eager to try other flavours in the range and would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Vivid liquids seem to have arrived at most petrol stations around the country from what I can see.....they are 100% PG, love the tobacco flavour (After mixing with VG) Don't care a lot for the flavours.....berry, menthol.....more peppermint tbh...but really love the tobacco flavour....am quite sure this is a rebranded dekang or Hangsen liquid....very littl effort gone into this as regards marketing, seems the same as HOL liquids....lazy marketing.....:)

dePeatrick, any idea which variation of dekang or Hangsen liquid? I particularly like the Vivid Vapours "Classic Tobacco" flavour and am trying to find something similar/equivalent from Hangsen. I am quite new to vaping, but have tried about 6 different tobacco variations and cant seem to find anything close to it! Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
    Jab

Does anyone here use M&P Apple pie?
    I received a bottle yesterday from an on-line shop,put some in a newly coiled and wicked Taifun,tasted ok on the inhale but has an awful sour/bitter taste on the exhale.Just checked the bottle and it says ''mixed July 2013'' I'm just wondering is it gone off.

Just saw this today...

It is almost like a different flavour on the exhale from my experience, inhale is more like a creamy pastry but the exhale is like the filling of a Mickey D's deep fried apple pie. In my experience there was a tiny bit sourness, but still very sweet and with a nice cinnamon twist. Doesn't seem right to me, though I vaped it with with a standard ego battery and boge carto.

Where did you buy it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I got it from The Best Shop.
    I left it steep for a few days and it was grand,there was still a bit of sharpness on the exhale but overall not a bad juice.

I got it from The Best Shop.
    I left it steep for a few days and it was grand,there was still a bit of sharpness on the exhale but overall not a bad juice.

It could be worth testing out with an atty that gives a more muted vape, I just looked over the review I did and I described the exhale as tangy.

I lazily used a stock photo and didn't take a snap of the bottle but as far as I remember that's the same batch I reviewed almost a year ago and I vaped it fresh, no steeping.

All a juice needs to steep in a bottle is a bit of heat and oxygen and the flavour will change, shrug, I loved it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Vaping ecto cooler from MBV, Just as advertsed it tastes exactly liek an orange ice pop or overly sweet orange squash.

Its nice, enjoyable and would be refreshing on a warm day perhaps but not an ADV for me.

I'm going to miss vaping all these tasty juices, but I've been thinking more and more about quitting vaping, it's been 5 years now. I'm switching to unflavoured VG and eventually to 0mg as I'm moving to China and travelling around asia and I want to break this nicotine addiction before heading off.
    Anyway 1 more from Johnson Creek provided by e-cigaretteshop.eu.

Tundra @ 12 mg - another pure VG.

Easy reveiw, heh. Just read this post and add a bigger kick of that mint/peppermint, otherwise it's exactly the same. Vaping it with a Bauway 306 dripper and the clouds are unreal, fogs up a room after a few toots.

Also I have a full 30ml unopened bottle of Snake Oil, this stuff has anise in it and it's a flavour I've never really liked my whole life so I know I'm not going to be the best judge of it.

If anyone is interested in writing up a quick 300-500 word review on it, the bottle is yours, shoot me a pm if you're interested and I'll post it to you. It will be published on my site.

Word of warning, all anise juices are plastic tank crackers so it's best vaped with a glass tank or dripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Burren Blend from Vmist. Nice, mellow. Taste is a bit like what Amber Leaf smells like. Probably the nicest tobacco flavour i've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Vampire Vape Bat juice. Only in 10ml bottles
    Fruit with a touch of menthol.
    Nice but I think the 10ml will do me.
    I still prefer Venus in Vapes from Halcyon, its a really complex mix of flavours including anise which as Samba says is a kind of aquired taste.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Burren Blend from Vmist. Nice, mellow. Taste is a bit like what Amber Leaf smells like. Probably the nicest tobacco flavour i've tried.

Actually, woah, woah, woah! Scratch that. This sh!t is waaay too perfumey. To the point where I almost feel ill from it. Just took a hour of vaping :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hi, anyone know where I can buy Wicked e juice online?

Their site http://www.wickedejuice.ie/ has be down for a good while now or would anyone have a good alternative to recommend that is like their Italian Cappuccino?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Cant 100% confirm but arent they a part of healthiersmoker.ie who have just shut down? Someone else can confirm that.

More info here if i'm right.

Bought Halcyon Haze' 'Earth Brother'. Their description is way off:

"Turkish tobacco flavor concentrate, which has been extracted using our special in-house triple filtration process. Lightly roasted chestnuts, burnt brown sugar and mixed spices."

All you can taste is the tobacco but its not tobacco as in a cigarette but tobacco as in the smell of dried tobacco leaves. Its basically a NET and tastes the exact same as House of Liquids 'Papillon Organic Tobacco'.

Not enjoyable for me, too rough. I'm now using it to add in a tiny drop to Flavourless Base or DIY recipes. The flavour is so powerfull that after I emptied the liquid out of my clearomiser and filled with Flavourless PG/VG the residual left in the clearomiser totally dominated the Flavourless Base. 20ml should last a while. Its dear too at €12.99 for 20ml. Comes nicely packaged.

Wonder about the rest of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I tried Venus in Vapes and Sweet Prudence from that range. Venus in vapes was nice, vanilla and aniseed flavour mostly with some other stuff, it had lots of different flavours in it.

Sweet Prudence was meant to be tangerine and honey I think but I didn't get much orange off it which was what I wanted.

They were both ok but I didn't buy them again and probably won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I like Venus in Vapes and Gins addiction, Earth brother and Sweet Prudence are not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I like Venus in Vapes and Gins addiction, Earth brother and Sweet Prudence are not my cup of tea.

Where do you get gins addiction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Where do you get gins addiction ?

Vapourpal.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Actually, woah, woah, woah! Scratch that. This sh!t is waaay too perfumey. To the point where I almost feel ill from it. Just took a hour of vaping :(

If you want to try and salvage it, leave the lid off and put it in a cold dark press somewhere, apparently that can help with perfumey taste.

jamie72 wrote: »
    If you want to try and salvage it, leave the lid off and put it in a cold dark press somewhere, apparently that can help with perfumey taste.

Cheers but its been binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Not a review, but wanted to ask a question and just not sure where to put it.

El Toro Guevara - Absolutely love this stuff now my favourite tobacco flavour, but it just destroys coils at an incredible pace, never seen anything like it. Aerotanks last about 2 hours then start getting a burning taste. My Fogger will last 6 hours or so, then I need a rewick. The Nautilus with BVC coils amazing works out the best, never gets a burning taste, no dry hits, but the coil is dead within 9 hours or so.

So anyway to get to the point, I assume this will only really work with a dripper. So which would be closer to flavour Cigarillos or Puros. I have tried one of them before cant remember which and do not remember these issues. Even if i get just 2 days out of a coil I dont mind. But I cant deal with Guevara and dont use drippers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

BeansBeans wrote: »
    So anyway to get to the point, I assume this will only really work with a dripper. So which would be closer to flavour Cigarillos or Puros. I have tried one of them before cant remember which and do not remember these issues. Even if i get just 2 days out of a coil I dont mind. But I cant deal with Guevara and dont use drippers.

I use drippers mostly.

Found Puros to be closer to the Guevara for flavour, but only a little less quick to gunk up the coil.

Cigarillos goes much easier on your coils, but a different flavour to the other two, imo.

Advertisement