Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

Can anyone recommend a good Apple pie flavour.

I love five pawns Gambit, but at €28 for 30ml it's too expensive.

Love Eden, but I find it's a bit too sharp for an all day vape.

Oak Barrel Cider is rather a good apple. Esmoke have it, part of the Pipe Sauce range

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i cant get with gambit at all,i,just seem to taste...popcorn or something,its pretty much void of apple.

Maybe I just have a bad bottle or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I see you were asking about M&P concentrates so I assume you've tested out theirs? I had to stop buying because I was vaping too much when I had it in stock, apple pie crack cocaine!

Zeus Latakia Blend - full review

Tried two more from Zeus.

Gorilla Booze - I suspect this is a NET judging from the roast baccy aroma coming from the mouthpiece, it's not a pure baccy vape though and it's probably one of those - it's an acquired taste type juice. Coconut banana are a cross between natural and candy, an interesting vape.

Sex on the Peach

Take a bottle of Halo Malibu remove the pineapple and coconut and replace it with a peach that's candy, tart while also natural tasting. Very nice.

On a side note, anyone else noticed malibu just doesn't taste the same anymore? A few people have agreed with me on this and I suspect they've made some changes to the recipe.

Mt Baker Vapor

They sent me out 12 juices to test out and they're still not quite steeped but I've started dabbling and while they're generally good, I'm a little underwhelmed overall.

Some standouts...

Butterscotch - Like vaping a really rich angel delight

Cinnamon Roll - Golden grahams in an e-cig

Extreme menthol - a dry and sharp menthol with little to no sweetness, nice but I find it leaves my mouth a little too dry, it's a bit like a glacial mint.

I've yet to sample one that gives any sort of a throat hit @ 12mg 50/50, they all seem very mild in this department.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^Nice site, was reading the steeping bit as got some samples recently that are so fresh it's pointless vaping them yet it's exactly what I'm doing as I have zero discipline.

If the EU had 'All juice must be fully steeped before sold to customer' as one of their regulations I'd be tempted to wave them in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Patience Grasshopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

^^These are forces beyond my control. Who am I to question the orders of the vaping gods?

Cheers acca!

Pre-steeped should be standard alright, I know it's subjective like most things with vaping but at a bare minimum a juice should be ready to vape. Some companies do it.

Haha yeah I know that feeling, guilty. :) I had no choice with the mtbaker juice though, it was mixed 3 days before landing on my door step and it stank to high heavens, it's only starting to calm down 3 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrBobbyZ

Which Juices are pre steeped?

MrBobbyZ wrote: »
    Which Juices are pre steeped?

Not all juice needs steeping, menthol and simple fruit are usually good to vape straight away.

Check this thread out on ECF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Strawberry mint from Smokefreeireland

Absolutely amazing. In my opinion anyway, I've used bottles of this stuff and I still love it. I was never a huge fan on mints but it's just so refreshing and tasty I could vape it all day.

Flavour: 8/10
    Good solid flavours, very close to the real deal

Vapour: 7/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You could get that a lot cheaper here (100ml for 13.99) : http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Mint_Strawberry_100ml/p1274299_10875173.aspx

I'm assuming smokefreeireland are selling rebottled hangsen like a lot of places are.

EGriff wrote: »
    You could get that a lot cheaper here (100ml for 13.99) : http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Mint_Strawberry_100ml/p1274299_10875173.aspx

I'm assuming smokefreeireland are selling rebottled hangsen like a lot of places are.

Nope, it's their own brand.

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Nope, it's their own brand.

They all say that. There's dozens of companies selling hangsen with their own labels on it. The flavours are the same except for a few they changed the names of.

Plus they're trying to charge €12.50 for a kanger T3s which costs a fiver everywhere else. I wouldn't buy anything on that site tbh.

They all say that. There's dozens of companies selling hangsen with their own labels on it. The flavours are the same except for a few they changed the names of.

Plus they're trying to charge €12.50 for a kanger T3s which costs a fiver everywhere else. I wouldn't buy anything on that site tbh.

Well believe what you like mate.. I've used the cheaper brands and theyre not the same..

Well believe what you like mate.. I've used the cheaper brands and theyre not the same..

Well I'm just trying to help you out, if you really think that crowd with their rubbish website and double prices for everything are making their own juice then fair enough.

Anyway juice reviews.. I got some vaping dog juice in a vaping365 B+M. Wild Strawberry has no strawberry taste to it at all, there's a mild taste of something kinda tarty and chemical and not pleasant. Orange flavour isn't too bad, the taste is very very mild again but it does have a hint of capri sun about it. I think this stuff is chinese again relabeled. Would not recommend at a tenner for 20ml.

I've got nothing against chinese juice, Joyetech strawberry is a lot nicer than the vaping dog stuff and Liqua apple is very tasty. Both of these can be got for a tenner per 30ml (or less).

Well I'm just trying to help you out, if you really think that crowd with their rubbish website and double prices for everything are making their own juice then fair enough.

Anyway juice reviews.. I got some vaping dog juice in a vaping365 B+M. Wild Strawberry has no strawberry taste to it at all, there's a mild taste of something kinda tarty and chemical and not pleasant. Orange flavour isn't too bad, the taste is very very mild again but it does have a hint of capri sun about it. I think this stuff is chinese again relabeled. Would not recommend at a tenner for 20ml.

I've got nothing against chinese juice, Joyetech strawberry is a lot nicer than the vaping dog stuff and Liqua apple is very tasty. Both of these can be got for a tenner per 30ml (or less).

I know the owner of the shop, so its not just some crowd mate.. The guy sets up shop in tesco across the road from me..

Agree with you on the vaping dog juice, its pretty low quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Vapourpal's VMist ICE

http://www.vapourpal.com/vmist-ice-30ml.html

I hate menthol cigs, but I am just chain vapping the hell out of this stuff :)

Very easy on the ol' atomizers too.

(Their Passion fruit is also very tasty)

I know the owner of the shop, so its not just some crowd mate.. The guy sets up shop in tesco across the road from me..

Agree with you on the vaping dog juice, its pretty low quality.

Got the Pina Colada (felt I needed to after sampling everything), best of a bad bunch tbf

Wasn't overly impressed and I think I tried nearly every juice and it's varient

aoshea83 wrote: »
    Got the Pina Colada (felt I needed to after sampling everything), best of a bad bunch tbf

Wasn't overly impressed and I think I tried nearly every juice and it's varient

In what brand?

• Advertisement

Oh right so the owner is your mate, no wonder you think their double price products are "amazing".

Does he have a big factory where he makes his own range of juice?

Oh right so the owner is your mate, no wonder you think their double price products are "amazing".

Does he have a big factory where he makes his own range of juice?

He's not my mate.. I know the man, we're not social with on another.. I know him because his shop is across from me. The supplier where he gets his stock from, also stocks the e-juice, and its Irish made, not Hangsen. I've used Hanseng, and it's not what they sell.. The quality is much better... I have a few bottles on the way.. Would you like me to send one to you, so you can sample them? And personally, I hardly think the prices (which i agree are ridiculous) have anything to do with how the liquids are made and if they were rebranded hanseng or not.. The products are expensive, but cheap ain't always good.. I have the T3S for example, and its a great little atomiser, why does it matter that they charge more than most, what's the price increase got to do with the quality? No offence, but you can hardly demand that the juices are chinese made crap that have been rebranded, when you've never tried them. You're speculating, I've used the stuff, and many others named here (vaping dog, hangsen, Dekang) and they're rubbish in comparison. I'm sure SFI's juice isn't the best, but since I haven't tried every other brand on the market I can only compare to what I have tried, those named above, and theirs is better.

There's been loads of companies claiming their juice is Irish made, where is this factory pumping out gallons of e-liquid? I know there's one apparently opening soon but it's not up and running yet afaik.

Maybe the guy is buying from wicked and believing them when they say their stuff is made in Ireland. You said earlier it was his own brand.

And as for what the price increase on other stuff has to do with it, charging 2 and a half times what everyone else charges (while still making a profit) for a clearomizer is pure dodgy imo and I wouldn't believe a word the guy says after seeing that.

There's been loads of companies claiming their juice is Irish made, where is this factory pumping out gallons of e-liquid? I know there's one apparently opening soon but it's not up and running yet afaik.

Maybe the guy is buying from wicked and believing them when they say their stuff is made in Ireland. You said earlier it was his own brand.

And as for what the price increase on other stuff has to do with it, charging 2 and a half times what everyone else charges (while still making a profit) for a clearomizer is pure dodgy imo and I wouldn't believe a word the guy says after seeing that.

Then don't... I don't understand what you're trying to prove here?

Then don't... I don't understand what you're trying to prove here?

I'm only responding to your claims about the place. If you're gonna recommend them on here then people are going to look at the site and say what they think, that's how it works.

Any one of the 20 or so other Irish websites would be better. I hate these crowds trying to make a quick buck ripping people off.

Anyway this is gone way off topic.

I'm only responding to your claims about the place. If you're gonna recommend them on here then people are going to look at the site and say what they think, that's how it works.

Any one of the 20 or so other Irish websites would be better. I hate these crowds trying to make a quick buck ripping people off.

Anyway this is gone way off topic.

The claim I made about them having good e-juice? You're arguing a claim that you can't prove wrong.. Do you not see how that doesn't make sense? And in fairness they're not that popular, either. So they're prices are mostly because not a lot of people where they're based (Wexford) use e-cigarettes, or choose cheaper sites etc. (e-shop.ie or thebestshop.eu).. I've thought about telling him he should drop the prices, but not my problem.. Regardless of the prices of their other products, the e-juices, that I've tried are of very good quality. Better than other brands I've tried, which I've said already... But anyway, of course you can decide for yourself, which vendors you plan to use, I just gave my personal recommendation.. That's awwwwlll.

I never said the juice was bad, I haven't tried it. You claimed that this crowd have their own juice. Having a supplier stick your label on the bottles that they sell to dozens of other places doesn't make it your range of juice.

Simple enough.

According to the guy in the bricks and mortar it's Irish connection is that it's created by an Irish chemist and another fella in England I believe

aoshea83 wrote: »
    According to the guy in the bricks and mortar it's Irish connection is that it's created by an Irish chemist and another fella in England I believe

Do you mean vaping dog? We're talking about smokefreeireland.

I wouldn't believe vaping dog either. Look at their list of flavours and compare it to hangsens or dekangs.

• Advertisement

Do you mean vaping dog? We're talking about smokefreeireland.

I wouldn't believe vaping dog either. Look at their list of flavours and compare it to hangsens or dekangs.

My bad :D

Advertisement