Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Lucutus wrote: »
    Guevara Reserve - anyone tried it yet?

Vaping away on it here and I think I must be missing something, it's okay, but it's no Cigarillos or Eden! I don't get the 'subtle brandy' note I was expecting.

It's presteeped, right?

Honestly i was thinking the same last night, i expected to open the bottle and the smell alone to win me over but it's very very subtle :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I'll decant 10ml and give it a day with the cap off in the dark, see how it tastes after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I had the same thing when I vaped the usual way I do (mouth->throat->nose exhale), thought it was too weak, or like a much smoother Guevara.
    I've been inhaling slowly allowing some air in with it though, and that really pops the brandy flavour out for some reason.
    I have no idea why this works, but it does. It almost made it too perfume-y for me... Kind of tastes like a few drops of Tobacco Praze has been put into it, now that it's on my mind... Is brandy the secret Tobacco Praze ingredient? It's almost the same flavour, just waaaaaay stronger in the Praze, and it's a flavour that isn't in the normal Guevara.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'll decant 10ml and give it a day with the cap off in the dark, see how it tastes after that.

you'll want to give it alot longer than a day tbh. i've been steeping my ordinary guevara for about 3 weeks now. i'm thinking it's just about time to give it another shot, but I might wait another week too

grindle wrote: »
    I had the same thing when I vaped the usual way I do (mouth->throat->nose exhale), thought it was too weak, or like a much smoother Guevara.
    I've been inhaling slowly allowing some air in with it though, and that really pops the brandy flavour out for some reason.
    I have no idea why this works, but it does. It almost made it too perfume-y for me... Kind of tastes like a few drops of Tobacco Praze has been put into it, now that it's on my mind... Is brandy the secret Tobacco Praze ingredient? It's almost the same flavour, just waaaaaay stronger in the Praze, and it's a flavour that isn't in the normal Guevara.

you bastard

I just tried that with my joyetech mab, wondering if it would change theh flavour but the wick had run dry so I got a nice lungful of dry wick

• Advertisement

What the hell am I? Your personal dripper?
    Oh alright.
    Wait there, I'll come to Carlow and fill up your atty for you.
    *sigh*

you'll want to give it alot longer than a day tbh. i've been steeping my ordinary guevara for about 3 weeks now.

Is that three weeks with the bottle open?

yep

ive no idea why the bottle should be open but that's what people say so that's what i'm doing

I think.. *think* that if you only decant a small bit into a larger bottle, so there's plenty of air in the bottle too you can leave it with the cap on. just maybe take the cap off every now and again to recycle the air or something?
    *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Guevara Reserve - anyone tried it yet?

Vaping away on it here and I think I must be missing something, it's okay, but it's no Cigarillos or Eden! I don't get the 'subtle brandy' note I was expecting.

It's presteeped, right?

The Eden, I'm tempted to try this, how does it compare to the cigarillos, tbh, I ddin't think the cigarillos was all that, it did improve slightly with some steeping but just couldn't see what all the fuss was about, still tasted like DK tab to me.

Does the apple mellow the very pungent nature of the cigarillos, or is it just as pungent with a hint of apple thrown in?

So many Chinese Whispers in the steeping game.
    I'll add to it!
    eBaron once expressed mild disgust when someone suggested steeping one of his liquids with the cap off.
    I think the cap-off thing is for overly perfume-tasting/smelling liquids. Lets whatever those are evaporate.
    Cap off is meant to let nicotine evaporate pretty quickly too. I remember some thread on ECF where someone left a bottle of 18mg (tested at 17.something) with the cap off for 48 hours and the nicotine went down by almost half?
    I'll try and find it later if I'm not already drunk.*

*Will be drunk. Won't find it later.

• Advertisement

I asked ebaron on ukvapers and he said to leave the cap off....

Whaaat? Maybe his tune changed.

I'm going to confront that crazy bastard. Crazy!

You'd think though that the month spent in the oak barrels would take care of the steeping duties

well it's still kinda coming together in the oak barrel as it's in there with all the tobacco leaves and whatnot isn't it? so every day it changes a bit, steeping but also leeching more flavour

My understanding of the process is that it gets 30 days in the leaves and then 30 days in the barrels, there is a good chance i imagined reading that somewhere though :o

hrm

*shrug*

there probably is something of an emperors new clothes with this steeping lark anyway but until some sort of hard data is available it doesn't take that much effort to give it a shot, unless you're in a hurry to love your juice immediately or sell it on the classifieds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Wingnuts Christmas Cracker

Apple, cranberry and ice!

It's a great mint flavour,but to be honest that's all it is to me,i can hardly pick up the apple or cranberry because the mint is very over powering.

Overall,probably the nicest mint i have but because i can't taste the others that's all it is.Mint.

Taste: for mint 10/10,with the others 4/10 because i can't taste them at all
    Hit:9/10

Elbow wrote: »
    My understanding of the process is that it gets 30 days in the leaves and then 30 days in the barrels, there is a good chance i imagined reading that somewhere though :o

Same here, it's not that it's full of a flavour I'm not enjoying, it's more that the flavour just isn't there, I have a whole "meh" thing going on with it, which is disappointing me... maybe my expectation was too high based on price and prestige.

I'll give it a week open in a dark place in a 10ml bottle and see how I get on with it then.

i wish you were talking about a menthol juice so I could link 'she's cool, like ice'

• Advertisement

lol... "cold to the touch and it isn't very nice" save that for a menthol juice review on the subforum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

What are those Hangsen liquids like from BV? Seem very cheap at ca. 14 euro for 100ml.

ive tried some of their tobaccos, very nice imo although quite similar to the dekang which iirc you didnt like

I don't like Dekang but almost all my juices are fruity. Might be worth trying a sweetish tobacco flavour for a change and I might not notice the background flavour. At such a cheap price it's probably worth trying anyway. Getting fed up of the fruity ones but didn't like the El Toro tobacco.

the t-juice tobaccos are lovely, well worth trying out. ezsmoke have them

Might give them a shot so!

for the hangsen, i quite liked the tab blended and the 555(t5), the virginia was nice. quite a strong flavour iirc, i gave it to a friend so dont remember much about it

Janey, never looked through their e-liquids before and the t-juice range looks pretty damn good. Seems to be all 16mg which is a lot higher than my usual 9mg but I might give them a shot. Thinking of this one cos I don't mind RY4:

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/30ml-juice-p-284.html

they do have 11mg in some juices. the primo verda and the ice queen are lovely. ice queen is primo verda with a menthol kick

the eastern blend is also delicious and the usa reds ... i liked it, i got kind of a cherry tobacco vibe from it I think. I remember there was some fruity nonsense going on.

• Advertisement

I might actually buy a few of them in 10ml bottles. Looking forward to these actually. They sound interesting.

Advertisement