Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Just got a 30ml bottle of highbrow vapor watermelon. Never been more disappointed. Tastes and smells exactly like lorann watermelon concentrate. I have it and believe me it's 100% the same. I was really looking forward to this one but its just not for me. I'll have to sell or swap it now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

It more than likely is LorAnn oil concentrate. What did you expect?

From the horses mouth:

https://www.lorannoils.com/c-178-faqs-tips.aspx#artificial flavors

Oh well. After hearing so many good things about highbrow juices I expected it to be at least better than dekang stuff. It's not. Not at all. And costs twice as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

nonamigo - your swap package arrived today - thank youuuuuu!!!! :D

so far i've tried wingnut's vanilla custard and the apple pie. ermahgerd - love them. sweet but not sickly, and a lovely chewy vapour to them both.

the vanilla custard is just delicious. like condensed milk when it's in your mouth and there's a kind of buttery note when you exhale that reminds me of vanilla fudge. the apple pie wasn't as apple-y as i thought it might be... BUT it tastes like my mum's apple crumble. rich and buttery and er... pastry-ey with a nice mild apple tang. i could easily vape away on these for the day after my el toro morning ritual. NOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

jamie72 wrote: »

From the horses mouth:

I can confirm that highbrow do not use lorann's.:)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if any of the Buttery flavors contain diacetyl?

artyeva wrote: »
    nonamigo - your swap package arrived today - thank youuuuuu!!!! :D

so far i've tried wingnut's vanilla custard and the apple pie. ermahgerd - love them. sweet but not sickly, and a lovely chewy vapour to them both.

the vanilla custard is just delicious. like condensed milk when it's in your mouth and there's a kind of buttery note when you exhale that reminds me of vanilla fudge. the apple pie wasn't as apple-y as i thought it might be... BUT it tastes like my mum's apple crumble. rich and buttery and er... pastry-ey with a nice mild apple tang. i could easily vape away on these for the day after my el toro morning ritual. NOM.
    You are very welcome. Good to hear you are happy with your swap:)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    jamie72 wrote: »

From the horses mouth:

Well it tastes just like lorann. I mean EXACTLY like lorann. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Halo Captain Jack;
    duno if it what the master of the Black Pearl vapes or not, I got it from The Vapor Store, it's one of Halos guest juices.
    Strong tobacco with a liquorice undertone, liquorice not aniseed mind. Like all Halo juices the tobacco is smokey and strong.
    I like this one better than freedom juice. More torque-ie iykwim.

Halo Turkish tobacco;
    Yeah turkish but with halos smokey taste. Nice but not as good as Liquas or even Dekangs.

Diy stuff;
    Since I got the hang of the dripper my diy juices are so much better, I can taste the flavor and adjust with some accuracy.
    Found 10% i.e. 2 drops per mil of base, works best for most of Inaweras flavors. The exeption are the Were Garden ones, no more than 2 drops per 4 or 5 ml.
    Their new Tino D'Milano stuff is good. Strong flavor so a little goes a long way. Tho not as far as they recommend.
    Cant comment on all of them but I'v tried 18 flavors and only really hated 2, really liked 7 and can use the rest to get through a taste bud falure.
    Recomending 7 LEAVES and DESERT SHIP from the Tino D'Milano. GOLD DUCAT TABACCO C and BURLEY from the standard stuff and TABACCO TURKISH from the Wera Garden range.
    Will be getting more of their flavors esp the Tino D'Milano.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Tried the t-juice Cubana last night and almost brought the bottle out the back and shot it. Absolutely horrendous taste. probably great for tobacco flavour vapers but for sweeter vapers it tastes like a mushroom took a dump in your mouth. Not happy with it at all.

But in saying that it had a decent enough throat hit. not like a real cigar mind but still decent enough. and a nice amount of vapour. again not anywhere near as much as a cigar but still good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ill take it off your hands if you dont want it :)

ill take it off your hands if you dont want it :)

pm me your address and i'll try send it on before i go :)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Oh sorry:) its not lorann. my bad. They made it using Perfumers Apprentice flavorings. Now im sure.:)

Just tried Maeve from irish vapers. It says its citrus cream mint with menthol but all i'm getting is the fresshness of menthol with tones of liquorice. Seems to be starting off to be a delicious vape. will keep people posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Those white label juice's from Irish Vapers I am finding real nice. I hope the recipes do not get lost. Cu Chulainn is a lovely vape and would make a great all day vape. Its sold out now :(

krissovo wrote: »
    Those white label juice's from Irish Vapers I am finding real nice. I hope the recipes do not get lost. Cu Chulainn is a lovely vape and would make a great all day vape. Its sold out now :(

I'll check my box later but if i have any i'll send it on if you want. its a strong possibility i dont have any though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got Liqua Strawberry (30ml) from TBS but they also sent me a 10ml sample of Apple -fair dues to them.

Strange thing is that the last time I got Liqua Apple I got it from ESI and the 2 are completely different! The colours are even different. The ESI one tastes very strong of granny smith (green colour) while the TBS one tastes of crab apple (light brown colour). Just thought it was interesting - both versions nice by the way.

i got liqua apple from TBS ages ago and it was the granny smith flavoured stuff... maybe they changed the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Ordered 10ml of Vapefest Eire from E-smokeireland at the end of an order just to qualify for free shipping. 30ml arrived (thanks Paul), wasn't expecting much when I saw the bright green colour but it's amazing...fantastic throat hit and flavour. No idea what's in it...some sort of fruity stuff. Big thumbs up. Got Vampire's Kiss, too, which is very good..great kick and nice flavour. Saw on their site they're getting Mom & Pops juice...they have some very nice flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Another Crystal liquid...

Tropical Mix 11mg

Throat hit vape production both 7/10

Taste 5/10

I've been on a tiny Island off the coast of S. Brittany the past week and I foolishly didn't organise my regular vaping supplies and I've been stuck with this.

To describe it in one sentence.. it tastes like you're licking the floor of a straw bar hut in the carribean!

That's about the only tropical resemblance I get from it, really disappointing especially when you consider these liquids are around €18 for 30mls...

Others I tried have been excellent though.

The El Toro Cigarillos, anyone know what the PG/VG ratio is? Really tempted to test this one out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

DKS Eliquid Video Reviews Here:

http://pinkvaper.com/wordpress/dks-eliquid-reviewsdks-eliquid-reviews/

(Interview with Scott Bonner/Igetcha69 & Dr. Carl Phillips of tobaccoharmreduction.org coming this week)

Samba wrote: »
    The El Toro Cigarillos, anyone know what the PG/VG ratio is? Really tempted to test this one out.

50:50 im pretty sure

It is indeed 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i am on my third day of the e cigarette,
    i have bought a rechargable cigarette and its charger,
    but i am at the moment on the disposable ones,
    i find them good but in the long term i would like to find something that resembles what i used to smoke,
    my two brands were rothmans,which have the tobacco flavour, and also, the superkings green which have the menthol.
    if i am looking for these flavours, which liquids match these the best,
    also i intend going for the proper kit,
    i just started with the disposables to see if i could get off the everyday cigarettes,
    just to see if i could drop the others, and i must say that i am pleasantly surprised.
    as from my reading on the good bad and ugly,
    i understand that the electronic ciggies are much safer,
    dont have all these dangerous chemicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

50:50 im pretty sure

Just keeps getting better, 50ml bottle booked! :)

Finding the high PG content liquids tend to cause havoc with my sinuses, starting to wonder if I might have a mild alergy to PG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

goat2 wrote: »
    my two brands were rothmans,which have the tobacco flavour, and also, the superkings green which have the menthol.
    if i am looking for these flavours, which liquids match these the best?
    Very hard to match an actual cigarette brand flavour, in my limited experience. Best just to be prepared to find a tobacco flavour you like.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

artyeva wrote: »
    in my noob-fuelled-over-excitement at finding that vapourart did some flavours i really like, i ordered some liquids made with them from toscana mall. orange cream, turron, catalan cream and maple.

the orange cream is a nice flavour - just so mild it's barely there. the maple, turron and catalan cream all taste exactly the same. very slight hints of the flavours as you take the vapour into your mouth, but then.... whatever base they mix them into maybe?.... which tastes like you took a piece of cheap red deal wood and singed the side of it with a lighter.... an acquired taste to say the least.

i redact, withdraw and revise all of the above!!!!

guess who just learned about steeping? wink.png:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Been vaping highbrow vapor chai tea all day, it's bloody fantastic!

Its one of those juices that gives you something different on the inhale & exhale and it has a really nice aftertaste.

On the inhale you get earthy spice's mixed with fresh tea leaves but there's also something giving it a hint of sweetness,
    On the exhale the cinnamon really stands out, I've also found that exhaling through the nose causes the cardamom flavor to become more pronounced.

What i'm really impressed with is the natural vanilla that's lingering in my nostrils even though i haven't had a vape for nearly 5 minutes

Overall its a really nice blend, I can see this being my new all day vape!

i got some today and i'm not exactly loving it...
    ill give it some more time before I make a decision... I might just keep it for an every now and again vape or I might just throw it up on for sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

i got some today and i'm not exactly loving it...
    ill give it some more time before I make a decision... I might just keep it for an every now and again vape or I might just throw it up on for sale

again we disagree on a juice :p

If it's 12mg and your going selling it give me a shout.

Advertisement