Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Elbow wrote: »
    again we disagree on a juice :p

If it's 12mg and your going selling it give me a shout.

will do

ive a horrible feeling that when I get a cobra atomiser I'm going to end up discovering I actually love all these juices I dont really care for right now. I seem to naturally set my bulli up to be fantastic for tobacco juices but fruit/sweet juices rarely delight

might break out my aluminium bulli and experiment with some different coil setups.. maybe if the coils are more spaced out it'll work better for non-tobaccos

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

mrplop wrote: »

Dekang Dr pepper; Like vaping a really heavy industrial cleaning fluid.

Dekang Cappuchino; Sweet/burnt taste. I'd imagine coffee mixed with burnt paper tastes very similar.

Dekang almond; Tastes almondy, too sweet and overpowering.

Dekang Virginia; Not too far from the real deal but a little harsh on the throat.

Dekang Winston (Winson); Not as sweet, good tobacco flavour but a little harsh on the throat.

Dekang Marlboro; Not sweet and very much like tobacco, a little flavourless but not bad. Harsh on the throat.

Dekang Coffee; I used to really like this, it's like the stuff that comes with pre-filled carts used on cheap E-cigs. The last two batches that I got from ecirettesolutions (€3.99 and free post for 10 ml) gave me really bad head cold symptoms. I presume I had some kind of allegic reaction to one of the ingredients in it.
    The Bestshop stuff is Dekang too but didn't effect me, maybe a newer or an older version?

I suspect I'm not the only person that has a load of Eliquid sitting unused in the cupboard...

That Dekang Dr. Pepper stuff is very, very strange. Absolutely hated it at first. After it sitting in my clearomiser for the day it seemed to have lost a bit of its hospital taste. A friend of mine tried it and thought it tasted like menthol cherry. Anyway came back to it today, left the cap off the bottle for a while (i have no idea if this ever has an effect, i just had an urge) and shook the bottle like mad and its actually now kind of nice.
    Its not Dr. Pepper, slightly similar smell, its lost its hospital taste and its kind of nice. Strange stuff.

Dekang White Cofee - I love this stuff! Smells beautiful in the bottle. Tastes half way between a latte (which i despise) and a coffee chocolate from leonidas, i love it, can keep on this stuff all day, will be ordering a nice big bottle.

RY4 - Cant understand the love. Its very, very sweet. Maybe its just me, but i will come back to this.

Camel/desert ship - lovely stuff. Slightly fruity taste, but very nice. Obviously it wont match the ciggies but very nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

BeansBeans wrote: »

Dekang White Cofee - I love this stuff! Smells beautiful in the bottle. Tastes half way between a late (which i despise) and a coffee chocolate from leonidas, i love it, can keep on this stuff all day, will be ordering a nice big bottle.

The white coffee is lovely stuff, the best dekang juice by a mile if ya ask me.

Just picked out a bottle of Liqua Bright Tobacco, I actually forgot i bought this, a lovely fresh light tobacco taste.

Still shocked at the vapor produced from these Liqua juices...

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/liqua-eliquid/15-10ml-liqua-eliquid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Liqua Cuban Cigar Tobacco - This to me isn't like tobacco and if it's what I really wanted i'd be very unimpressed. I get the biscuit base of a cheescake off it (not messing) most of the time. It would be my favourite of the tobacco flavours i've tried though and vape it regularly. You'll be disapointed if your looking for tobacco though

Highbrow Strawberry Lemonade - My favourite liquid at the moment but I still think it's a bit of overrated. You do get a bit of a lemonade taste. Either way it's a nice liquid

Liqua Apple - Was disapointed with this, I don't really get much of anything off it. Before I finished the tank, I added menthol to it cause I felt I wasn't getting any real flavour. I'm leaving it and trying it again when my mini nova arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Luckily for me, I am not chasing great flavours. I don't care tbh. I just want different flavours that I don't dislike tbh. So it doesn't matter to me that none of the tobaccos taste like tobaccos or the cola doesn't really taste of cola, just that they don't actually taste bad to me and that they taste different to the other flavours that I have at any given time. ( so my taste buds don't acclimatise and a flavour becomes tasteless). I just bought some liqua French pipe, Turkish tobacco and Tiramisu. As long as i don't actively dislike them, they won't end up in the for sale/ swap thread or in the bin. Even if I do dislike them, then usually mixing with something I do like dilutes the nasty edge off them and I can thus use them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I'm liking this Liqua Turkish Tobacco flavour so far, closest one I've tried to the likes of the rolling tobaccos, golden virginia or amber leaf... will probably let mates who are smoking these try this as their introduction.

try the t-juice eastern blend from ezsmoke.ie , i loved the liqua turkish but much prefer the t-juice stuff since i've tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

God, I was reading this thread thinking "don't buy more stuff, for **** sake, you have enough liquid!". But that Liqua stuff is kware cheap. A tenner for 30mls....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Unimpressed with the El Toro Cigarillos Naturalles, can't say I agree with the e-cig-review, tastes pretty similar to what it smells like imo.

Reminds me of the Dekang DK tab with a slightly more smokey taste about it but it still doesn't come anywhere near tobacco.

Much preferred the Crystal Cubanos Cigarillos.

• Advertisement

leave it somewhere with the cap off for a few days-week, try it again later

a weirdly large number of people dont really take to it at first but coming back to it after a week or two start to love it

slowly warming to the highbrow vapor chai tea

I think my problem with it before was it was mixing slightly with the remnants of whatever juice was already on the wick, after a dry burn/flame i dropped some chai in there and the subtle notes of the juice are coming through clearer

my coil is probably too low ohm for this juice, it's tasting kinda.. rough. but im definitely getting the sense of what should be there. glad elbow didn't decide to take this off me when I offered it to him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

No bother :D

For me the sweet spot with it is slightly cooler than I normally vape, I've the kick dialed in at just over 7 watts and its tasting fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Trying Fire n Ice for the first time....weird sensation, but not unlikeable. What its more likely to do though is make me try a pure cinnamon based liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Tried T-Juices Java Juice today and i'm still not too sure how to handle it. Very earthy taste which i imagine is the coffee part and and underlying sweetness.

Not 100% sure on it yet so i'll give it a while to see how it develops.

Tried T-Juices Java Juice today and i'm still not too sure how to handle it. Very earthy taste which i imagine is the coffee part and and underlying sweetness.

Not 100% sure on it yet so i'll give it a while to see how it develops.

Replies like this are exactly why we need the review forum, so people can update with future experiences on the juice. How it interacts with coils, how it handles steeping etc.. Imagine trawling through this thread now if I was thinking of buying that juice.

Have we got our 25 +1's yet?

Yeah. According to a reply in that thread it takes six weeks before the forum will be added though, which is just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Lucutus wrote: »
    Have we got our 25 +1's yet?

We have, but unless they decide to grant it early due to lack of opposition, it'll be the end of November before it's here.
    Bureaucracy and it's many delights.

That forum could be excellent, we're wasting time building a great resource for vapors and I can't see the reason why...

The other option, is that we just use a Reddit subforum (at least for the time being).

Just created this, if anyone's interested:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IrishEcigReviews/

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »
    ...we're wasting time building a great resource for vapors and I can't see the reason why...
    Because of...
    grindle wrote: »
    Bureaucracy and it's many delights.

That's just the way a forum the size of boards has to be run.
    All the pitfalls of a working democracy? Check.
    But yeah, Reddit's a good place to have a home away from home anyway. Maybe should be Ejuice Reviews though. I can see some newbies ending up there looking for ProVari reviews in the future.

Edit: I see, it's an everything-reviewed spot, sorry.

I have never and will never post on reddit

it's the anus of the internet

4chan, surely?

In fairness, it's much more open, and free flowing then boards. I don't think you'd see a thread get closed down there because people spoke badly about a certain event. The upvote/downvote system is great for highlighting threads and bringing relevant content to the top as well.

How about we start creating individual threads here for juice reviews?

That way, when the forum *is* created, the moderator can just select all those threads and move them to the new subforum. We'll have pre-populated it with reviews making it immediately useful.

Suggest a format for the thread title, along the lines of Juice Name - [Vendor] etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Lucutus wrote: »
    How about we start creating individual threads here for juice reviews?

That way, when the forum *is* created, the moderator can just select all those threads and move them to the new subforum. We'll have pre-populated it with reviews making it immediately useful.

Suggest a format for the thread title, along the lines of Juice Name - [Vendor] etc.
    That makes the most sense IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Liqua Tiramisu - Yuck!! So yuck in fact that after emptying it out of my Mini Vivi Nova and replacing with my Cola Chocolate mix, that is now sullied by the yuckness. Did the Tiramisu molecularily bond with the wick or something :D None of that 3-4 drags and the new flavour replacing/overwhelming the old with this one. Its gonna take a new coil head to clear that flavour out.

Liqua Turkish Tobacco and French Pipe - I liked the French Pipe right off the bat, thought the Turkish was a bit too sharp a flavour but tried it again yesterday and it was much much nicer. Gonna buy 30ml of each now.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Calibos wrote: »
    Liqua Tiramisu - Yuck!! So yuck in fact that after emptying it out of my Mini Vivi Nova and replacing with my Cola Chocolate mix, that is now sullied by the yuckness. Did the Tiramisu molecularily bond with the wick or something :D None of that 3-4 drags and the new flavour replacing/overwhelming the old with this one. Its gonna take a new coil head to clear that flavour out.

Liqua Turkish Tobacco and French Pipe - I liked the French Pipe right off the bat, thought the Turkish was a bit too sharp a flavour but tried it again yesterday and it was much much nicer. Gonna buy 30ml of each now.
    I actually enjoyed liqua tiramisu. Not an alldayer but nice from time to time.

Said i'd try some of the Texas Select Vapor stuff from Bargain Vapour.

Vape the Rainbow - 12mg

Holy SH!T......

Get a packet of skittles, ram the whole packet in to your mouth, and chew.....that taste, that exact damn taste is what you're going to be vaping....mouth watering stuff.

If only BV had bigger bottles, €6.50 for a 10ml bottle...I dunno....i know it'd be 19.50 for 30mls....but a 30ml bottle is only $16.50 from Texas Select direct...definately worth the money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I really want to try the vape the rainbow now and wingnuts orange whatever (name alludes me at the moment) but i've enough juice to last me a year!!!

oh well off i go :D

Advertisement