Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reviews - Liquid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

dont sell it off yet

put it somewhere cold and dark for a week or two and try it again

also you ****ers are nuts

I've steeped mine for a few days and it's been in a dark place for a fortnight. I won't be selling it...just mix it with other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Not going to dump it but i'm not going to be chain vaping it either, Think I might pick up some menthol crystals and do some experimenting

At the same time I cant wait for my bottle of Eden to show up, I've a feeling adding the apples will hit the spot perfectly with me!

@Sir Digby: We seem to never agree on liquids, Remember I think Swedish Fish is vile as well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

CLÍODHNA 12mg from IrishVapers

Was looking forward to this as it says menthol with anisette. (aniseed)

It is lovely - have been vaping it all day, but I really can't taste aniseed AT ALL. To me it tastes like a mild menthol with a touch of Malibu! I seem to be getting a slight pineapple/coconut flavour with the menthol. No matter, it is very nice which is just as well as I ordered two bottles.

As an aside, does anyone know where to buy the very tiny funnels? I have arthritic fingers:( and am spilling a bit when I top up. I have to do it through the tiny hole in the cartridge, as I cannot seem tp prise off the bottom bit which would make filling it easier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Brilliant! Thank you very much, have just ordered a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Called out to e-smokeireland today for more pink tiger (chain vaping it for 3 or 4 weeks with no loss of flavour. Yay!) and got a phoenix rebuildable that I just dripped their new strawberry lemonade from Highbrow Vapor into and... Mmmmm! Strawberry lemonade is AMAZING! This is my first atomiser experience and I'm liking it.

Also got a bottle of their vanilla custard and (drum roll) a tester of their soon to be available pear drops. They're still steeping but smell delicious. Can't wait 'till they're ready tomorrow night!

Did I mention that the strawberry lemonade is delicious? Cos it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Did I mention that the strawberry lemonade is delicious? Cos it is!

I nearly bought that last week but went with Strawberry Mint instead. Must give it a go at the weekend;)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Some things just have to be shared :)

Just picked up my latest order from Highbrow Vapor at the post office. A few 30ml bottles of favorites from my last order but some new ones as well. All juices custom mixed at 50/50 vg/pg -my new ratio of choice thanks to El Toro. Thought I'd whack some of the (double favour) Watermelon into my mini Vivi Nova with a freshly made coil and jaysus......

This stuff is to die for. The inhale is as light and smooth as anything I've vaped - low TH probably exaggerated by the high VG content. Just a hint of flavour but has that nice watermelony (is that a word?) undertone. The exhale is totally different - a full on watermelon taste explosion - never have I had a juice that demonstrates such an inhale / exhale contrast as this one. Suspect that this is one of Highbrow's totally natural flavours - there's not a hint of sythetic about it - amazingly natural.

My juice box is now full for the next 2 months at least and it's all Mom & Pop's, Highbrow andHouse of Liquid. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

so ordered a load of juices when i was out of the country and i'm only starting to get into them all now.

Energy Cow from VapeEscape is pretty good. its meant to be like red bull but to me it only smells like it. To one of the lads in work it smells like calpol. The taste is like turkish delight or rose truffle sweets. Very nice but it could get boring very quickly.

Oisin from IrishVapers is delicious. Caramel, champagne and tiramisu. I;m only getting the tiramisu taste but its a very creamy taste. absolutely gorgeous smelling and tasting. will be buying again once they get their 18mg stocks filled up.

Well, my bottle of El Toro Eden has turned up and I love it! I ordered the 11mg which doesn't give me much of a hit, so I added 5 drops of Bitextra to it and what a difference! It has a very lovely slight apple hint, and on the exhale I think it is slightly like a walnut taste. Anyways it is very nice and I will be ordering more.

Silly question, but what are you guys using to actually get the liquid out of the bottle? The top of the bottle comes right off and there is a plastic thing attached to the underside of the lid, what is that for?

I have to use a hypodermic syringe to suck it out but obviously the needle is very fine and the liquid thick so it is taking ages.

• Advertisement

the insert is just there to prevent it leaking in transport
    you can puncture it with a needle if you want, thats what thin... something duck fella does but I toss it in the bin and just pour my el toro juices into a normal 10/20/30ml liquid bottle with a dripper top and refill that bottle as I need to

what's this bitextra stuff.. does it affect the flavour at all? I wouldnt mind getting a bit more th from my 12/11mg juices

the insert is just there to prevent it leaking in transport
    you can puncture it with a needle if you want, thats what thin... something duck fella does but I toss it in the bin and just pour my el toro juices into a normal 10/20/30ml liquid bottle with a dripper top and refill that bottle as I need to

what's this bitextra stuff.. does it affect the flavour at all? I wouldnt mind getting a bit more th from my 12/11mg juices

I wondered about transferring to a bottle with dropper, but thought that it was in a dark brown bottle for a reason - does it matter do you think?

Now Bitextra - brilliant stuff. Tasteless. http://www.flavourart.co.uk/eliquid-8-c.asp

I tried as an experiment with a zero nic juice from Liqua, doesn't change the taste at all but gives it some kick! I ordered the BitExtra full hit at 1.5% (15mg/ml) as I had read on a forum somewhere(sorry can't remember where) that it was potent.

Now I have the eCab and not sure how much the little plastic filter thing holds in mls, but I put juice in nearly to the top and add 6/7 drops of BitExtra and wow! Very impressed, actually had me coughing this morning (for a minute!!)

hrm, might order some when the bills are all taken care of.. sounds interesting

the dark brown bottle is just for fanciness. it does look nice and professional, that's all.

Managed to pick up a bottle of vanilla custard from e-smokeireland from the free juice bar at the end of vapefest, only starting vaping it now but its delicious!!!!!!!! smells delicious to start with too!!

I was also vaping vaporcasts "safe sex on the beach" and pink spots free sample (no idea what it is :/) and they are very very nice too!!

hope to put more reviews up here for the rest of the liquids i got.

Just looked at the e-smoke site and they are in palmerston!!! only down the road from me :D deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Try their Strawberry Lemonade from Highbrow Vapours - it's out of this world! Definitely the best find of Vapefest for me. Their Pear Drops and Vapefest Ireland juices are nice too.

Picked up some Liqua Berry mix which is lovely too. Not an all day vape but nice to have on standby

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The pink spot sample was their Pink Spot Juice....it's their main flavor...it's crazy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

eeloe wrote: »
    The pink spot sample was their Pink Spot Juice....it's their main flavor...it's crazy! :)
    Strange. I've heard so many good things about their juices went ahead and ordered a few of their signature juices and was really disappointed. The juices are of a very intense colour, like an ink, and tasted really artificial. All this is imho:)
    Also I keep hearing good things about vanilla custard from ESI but to me it taste just like vanilla juice. I'm a huge fan of custard and was really looking forward to trying this one but meh...well maybe it's just me. Didn't care for bobas bounty and gorillas juice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Highbrow Orange de Sangre?
    How good is it? I've heard some very good reviews but have also heard good reviews of RY4 which I wasn't impressed with at all.
    Does it really blow other fruit type liquids out of the water?

colly10 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here has tried Highbrow Orange de Sangre?
    How good is it? I've heard some very good reviews but have also heard good reviews of RY4 which I wasn't impressed with at all.
    Does it really blow other fruit type liquids out of the water?

right
    go into town
    buy a fresh orange
    dont peel it, just bite into it

it's basically like that

it's unbelievably how like an orange it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's insanely like an orange.

Imagine the difference between Squeez and Tropicana, but make the Tropicana orangier.

• Advertisement

What they said :)
    Highbrow are one of my holy trinity of juice manufacturers. They rock.

anyone here try Nane Limon from Vaporcast?

i've found that once the vanilla custard taste disappeared (wicks hold onto the flavour for a while, or is that just me again) i got a bang of honey off of it! its very nice though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My only experience with Nane Limon was a tea i got while i was in the states, and the waitress made it infront of me.

Lipton tea, with **** load of lemon juice, and a big spoon of honey....

So the taste of this juice is pretty bang on the money! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

If anyone is lookin for a good tobacco vape , I recommend pink spots outlaw (which I think it's a 555) it's got a nutty taste and decent throat hit (18mg) and great vapor . I only got a sample with last order but gonna order more . Have s good bit of pink spot swagger to get through which is delicious.

Have to say I'm a little on the fence about bobas bounty. It's not bad but definitely not worth the fanfair. Great vapor although it would with that much .vg but I'm not getting that complex taste.

After been vaping the Nane Limon for the past few hours and i'm not too happy with it. it seems to come out very warm and has a very sickly sweet taste off of it. not bad for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

sept09baby wrote: »
    Try their Strawberry Lemonade from Highbrow Vapours - it's out of this world! Definitely the best find of Vapefest for me.

My order of this came today, 100% agree this juice is awsome. I think I would get taste fatigue after a day or so but this juice will always be on my menu.

To add one more, I have found the sweet spot for my ectocool. I love it! It was a love hate relationship as get the settings wrong it tastes like washing up liquid but once you get it right mmmmmmmmmmm

Working my way through my latest haul – I’ll post a 2nd review once my nic levels drop and my taste buds and I are on speaking terms again……

Highbrow Vapor’s Highbrowbacco – Tabac de Perique. HV’s approach to tobacco is different to other vendors that I’ve tried. Not sure if this is a natural flavour or not but it tastes like one and there’s no chemical feel to it. It’s a big sweet inhale with a rich nutty fruitiness and a stronger, more traditional tobacco taste on the exhale but with a hint of whisky and a few cloves scattered in for good measure. The flavour on this one lingers and it even has that slightly acidic after-bite that a pipe tobacco would. Comments on the Highbrow site liken this to cigarettes but not for me and certainly not in the cigarillos / vp way. This one shouts 'PIPE !' Loudly at that. I’ll be adding this to my restock list – handy as it’s one of the juices that ESI carry.

Highbrow’s RY4 is quite unlike any other RY4 I’ve tried to the point where they may as well call it something different – this is meant positively by the way. Another full on taste experience. Sure, it’s got a tobacco base (a bloody big tobacco base at that) but the caramel in this is pure class, none of your sickly synthetic caramel. There’s a hint of chocolate –vanilla too but it gets somewhat lost in the mix and doesn’t overpower. A very full-bodied and very good take on the classic.

The Blackberry Limoncello from HV has me a little puzzled.It gets rave reviews but it’s not the knock-out punch I was expecting. It’s good mind, the blackberry is just about as authentic as you’ll get and there’s a nice lemony note as you’d expect but it just didn’t blow me away. That said,if this was from any other vendor I’d probably be describing it as one of their best juices. Gonna steep this for a bit and give it a second opinion. Strawberry Lemonade on the other hand……. Full on. A really nice smooth,naturally-extracted strawberry base but the lemony fizz, oh my god the lemony fizz. I don’t even like strawberries but love this. Given that this is based on their Limoncello I’d say that’s worth a punt too which makes the Blackberry all the more puzzling.

Mom & Pop’s Tobacco Praze – What the hell is this? Someone help me here – just what is it? It tastes like nothing else out there. It’s feckin’ gorgeous (back me up here Sir Digby). Knowns: Mom and Pop’s use natural tobacco extract in this which goes some way to explaining why this is such a satisfying vape. Unknowns: everything else. Never found a juice this difficult to describe, it’s a bit like a really nice RY4 but then again it isn’t. There’s a tobacco base definitely but then there’s other flavours going on – something sweet and dark (honey?) and also something darker again(liquorice?). Really stumped to explain this one other than it’s a cracking all day vape. When Vapeescape were clearing this out after having had it as a guest liquid I bought 60ml. Then I bought another 30ml. Any Irish vendors reading then you know what to do.

Mom & Pop’s Tobacco Praze – What the hell is this? Someone help me here – just what is it? It tastes like nothing else out there. It’s feckin’ gorgeous (back me up here Sir Digby). Knowns: Mom and Pop’s use natural tobacco extract in this which goes some way to explaining why this is such a satisfying vape. Unknowns: everything else. Never found a juice this difficult to describe, it’s a bit like a really nice RY4 but then again it isn’t. There’s a tobacco base definitely but then there’s other flavours going on – something sweet and dark (honey?) and also something darker again(liquorice?). Really stumped to explain this one other than it’s a cracking all day vape. When Vapeescape were clearing this out after having had it as a guest liquid I bought 60ml. Then I bought another 30ml. Any Irish vendors reading then you know what to do.

he's right ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Is this the one that we tried early on in the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Working my way through my latest haul – I’ll post a 2nd review once my nic levels drop and my taste buds and I are on speaking terms again……

Highbrow Vapor’s Highbrowbacco – Tabac de Perique. HV’s approach to tobacco is different to other vendors that I’ve tried. Not sure if this is a natural flavour or not but it tastes like one and there’s no chemical feel to it. It’s a big sweet inhale with a rich nutty fruitiness and a stronger, more traditional tobacco taste on the exhale but with a hint of whisky and a few cloves scattered in for good measure. The flavour on this one lingers and it even has that slightly acidic after-bite that a pipe tobacco would. Comments on the Highbrow site liken this to cigarettes but not for me and certainly not in the cigarillos / vp way. This one shouts 'PIPE !' Loudly at that. I’ll be adding this to my restock list – handy as it’s one of the juices that ESI carry.

Highbrow’s RY4 is quite unlike any other RY4 I’ve tried to the point where they may as well call it something different – this is meant positively by the way. Another full on taste experience. Sure, it’s got a tobacco base (a bloody big tobacco base at that) but the caramel in this is pure class, none of your sickly synthetic caramel. There’s a hint of chocolate –vanilla too but it gets somewhat lost in the mix and doesn’t overpower. A very full-bodied and very good take on the classic.

The Blackberry Limoncello from HV has me a little puzzled.It gets rave reviews but it’s not the knock-out punch I was expecting. It’s good mind, the blackberry is just about as authentic as you’ll get and there’s a nice lemony note as you’d expect but it just didn’t blow me away. That said,if this was from any other vendor I’d probably be describing it as one of their best juices. Gonna steep this for a bit and give it a second opinion. Strawberry Lemonade on the other hand……. Full on. A really nice smooth,naturally-extracted strawberry base but the lemony fizz, oh my god the lemony fizz. I don’t even like strawberries but love this. Given that this is based on their Limoncello I’d say that’s worth a punt too which makes the Blackberry all the more puzzling.

Do you review wine for a living? :D

Advertisement