Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

me it means I can't rush in blindly scrubbing out with Chun the way I used to, which to be honest is a good thing.

:mad:

I approve of this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Actually the air dash nerf was only to characters with 8 way air dashes, so Chun will be the same. The reason why people are so annoyed is because this just nerfs all their high/low mixups

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    Actually the air dash nerf was only to characters with 8 way air dashes, so Chun will be the same. The reason why people are so annoyed is because this just nerfs all their high/low mixups

The one about blocking applies to all characters, no?

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about the nerfed 8 way air dash speed. Yeah all characters with an air dash can no longer block mid dash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm totally okay with not being able to block mid dash. It's always annoyed me as a mechanic in MvC3 - and I play Morrigan, so not being able to block completely kills her awesome air game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Caps buffs are sweet. Looks strong.
    No mention of hit stun change to shield slash which is awesome.

No air dash blocking just means more yielding for those who choose to oppose the shield.

Thor actually got some nice tweaks. But no mention of a new special move which capcom unity announced..

Hulk and iron man changes sound good too.
    Hyped

Hulk looks badass.

I wonder could I get some form of Ghost Rider/Skrull/Doom/Hulk team working.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New Thor move:
    I'm a frickin' Norse god
    (Thor insta-wins the match)

RogueYoshi breaks the game about 1 minute into part 1

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/298132075

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Ive been doin that glitch for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Was messing with it in training just now, it's funny as hell, not bothered experimenting with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ramza wrote: »
    Was messing with it in training just now, it's funny as hell, not bothered experimenting with it though

Been trying to do it in training and cant get it to work, can you break it down Ramza ?

Mash d/f+H then press forward + h + a1 + a2 and dante will stanger but the other two assists will appear on screen for the THC

Then continually do, stinger (mash h), s, h (just once), stinger (mash h)..... x n

Found some interesting stuff with this glitch, video coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ultimate alt colour schemes for Cap and Chris revealed.

As much as I'm not really interested in Cap as a character (sorry Team America), I can't deny that it looks like he has the absolute best set of alt colours in the game.

By comparison, Chris looks really lame.

Not a big fan of the USAgent bashing in that article. He may be a bit mental but the man loves his country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPBp7UnDCM

Check out the video response, it may give some of you a wee chuckle (especially Doyler)

• Advertisement

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/10/27/umvc3_character_change_log_-_capcom_characters

Capcom character changes for UMvC3. Damn them, they removed Trish's trap buffs and nerfed her useless flight mode.

Viewtiful Joe
    - Reduced hittable area when in the air.

Make the smallest character in the game even smaller. Classic Capcom balance changes.

Slightly increased priority of Hyakuretsukyaku.

I was just thinking, lightning legs is too weak and needed buffing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Zero got a health buff, which is good.

Haggar's Cr.H is an OTG, which is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Why does sentinel still have less health than wesker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Look how frail they are

CAPCOM

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My entire team got hit by the nerf stick it seems :P

I was considering Iron Fist anyway (loved his fighting style) and the fact that he seems to have a great assist that's really hard to punish has definitely got him a temp spot on my team, might build around him. No one else has really stood out to me ('cept Doom, obviously).

Would like to keep She-Hulk, but we'll see how she plays come release.

• Advertisement

My team definitely going to be DANTE/VERGIL/X, the actual reason I never got into MVC3 was because (mainly out of laziness of learning 2 other characters) I COULD never decide on a team, at least with Vergil now I have a definitive 2 :pac:

Advertisement