Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some clips taken from Eurogamer Expo. Ryu looks like he'll be pretty interesting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I dunno how far along people are with the new combos but there's one for Doyler here- OTG shield slash into hyper...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I dunno how far along people are with the new combos but there's one for Doyler here- OTG shield slash into hyper...

See?

You can combo after OTG

Well, I guess we'll be seeing Black Widow as DLC soon enough.

Follow link for clips of Doyler: the movie

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32189

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Nutrient wrote: »
    See?

You can combo after OTG
    This directed at me Nutrient?

I never said u couldn't combo off it. Ofc u can, be retarded to think otherwise. I said that it looks like they nerfed Caps hit stun scaling on shield slash, so its no longer an infinite like in MvC3. There's some footage of people slipping out between hits of shield slash in umvc3 which sucks for Cap and prob means a damage nerf.
    And I said it will be hard to shield slash to relaunch or super after a LONG combo and an assist might be necessary.. as the hit scaling COULD get so bad that they flip out of it like Weskers OTG. Wesker needs an assist after a long combo to use his OTG but there are cases where he doesn't need an assist.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Doyler01 wrote: »
    There's some footage of people slipping out between hits of shield slash in umvc3 which sucks for Cap and prob means a damage nerf.

Shield Slash's hitstun scaling was increased since it OTG's now

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

GorySnake wrote: »
    Shield Slash's hitstun scaling was increased since it OTG's now

Yeah thats fair too. I was just explaining what I said to Nutrient before.

I'm not sure if the scaling change was worth the otg as Caps damage is huuge in MvC3 and I'm curious to see if his overall damage will be better or worse in UMvC. No doubt he will be easier to play which is a big plus.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Yeah thats fair too. I was just explaining No doubt he will be easier to play which is a big plus.

He's pretty easy to use atm

His damage output is very good too and it will be a shame if the combos have to be taken down by one shield slash rep

But with all the buffs, there's space for new combos:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Phoenix Wright just sold me this game.

Dammit.

• Advertisement

I don't know who that blue suited jerk is but CLEARLY he hasn't heard about Dr. Doom's diplomatic immunity as a head of state.

He will be hearing from our lawyers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nova looks awesome.

Interesting, if you watch the bar above Phoenix Wright's hypers, it looks like he has "evidence" and "actions".

He needs to pick up evidence by examining the ground, he can also throw these at enemies.

His actions look like they're his "Defense attorney badge", "Magnifying Glass" and "Pointed finger".

When he has 3 pieces of Evidence, and hits Spiderman with an "Objection!", it enables the "Pointed Finger" (accuse?) ability, and the cornered theme music starts.

Presumably while this theme is playing, AND you have three pieces of evidence, you can then nail your opponent with a conviction.

Doom may run a country, but he can't stand up to the truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Phoenix wright looks and plays retarded, he has no business in a fighting game.

I have no fkn idea why capcom is pandering to people obsessed with anime nonsense, we already have blazblue and arcana heart for that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Because Pheonix will sell copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I have no fkn idea why capcom is pandering to people obsessed with anime nonsense, we already have blazblue and arcana heart for that stuff.

Neither of which Capcom make? :pac:

Phoenix Wright owns.

Phoenix wright looks and plays retarded, he has no business in a fighting game.

He's interesting to say the least

What Voa said is true

Also, I believe there was a poll on Capcom's website asking which character players wanted a while back but I'm not to sure

Capcom have done this before
    Dan-Hibiki.png

But PW Is meant to be viable in this

Also, Frank West in TVC played a little silly also so that can be expected too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Who cares about Phoenix Wright, Nova will rip your insides out through your mouth!

1168316-637518_annihilation_02____6_super_super.jpg

Then go all Hollywood with his sexy, green, alien, assassin, girlfriend!

Nova+Flashdance+variant+decade+cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Much like Taskmaster, Nova seems like a no nonsense solid character who looks reasonably easy to use and can dish out a ton of damage. And much like Taskmaster, everybody thinks he's "Stupid" before the game comes out because they've never heard of him, but quickly change their tune when they realize hes actually godlike :pac:

• Advertisement

I have no fkn idea why capcom is pandering to people obsessed with anime nonsense

Phoenix Wright was one of the most requested characters for TvC and Vanilla MvC, so he's hardly a niche character pandering to people obsessed with anime nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I have no fkn idea why capcom is pandering to people obsessed with anime nonsense

Anime=animation etc

Phoenix wright was a game. its a capcom Ip and character etc, also He was the higest voted char for capcom side next to megaman X

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

chueytoo wrote: »
    Anime=animation etc

Phoenix wright was a game. its a capcom Ip and character etc, also He was the higest voted char for capcom side next to megaman X

Yh thats all true, guess i dont understand why people would want phoenix wright in a fighting game is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

It's cool that they included Maya and the Judge into his move set as well, didn't expect to see them. I hope he gets his own stage too. Courthouse brawls...

For anyone who hasn't played a Phoenix Wright "game", they're sort of a mix between the point and click adventure games of ye olde (in the investigation stage) and the even older "Choose your own adventure" books (in the courtroom stage).

Calling them games is a bit of a stretch, they're more like interactive books.

They're definitely niche titles, but they can be a lot of fun, and very different from standard titles one might have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

That last Phoenix Wright Hyper Combo goes on for freaking ever. It's funny and cute but come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dunjohn wrote: »
    That last Phoenix Wright Hyper Combo goes on for freaking ever. It's funny and cute but come on.
    Par for the course for Capcom then :pac:

p.s. Phoenix looks like a stupid gimmick character.
    Fúck Capcom for not including Megaman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Trying to get around the swear filter. Sneaky sneaky.

Though Megaman might be a dlc character, if you check out the stage art for Future Past, the homage to the X-men cover art of the same name, there's a list of MvC2 characters like Ruby Heart of Cable with things like "Slain" or "Apprehended" over them...except for Megaman.

Hm. there's rumours circulating about Megaman...

there's a new stage that's been revealed. It's based on a very famous image from X Men history, the days of future past.

Xmen%20days%20of%20future%20past.jpg

In the MvC3 version of this image, all the characters that were in Marvel 2 but not three are labelled as slain or apprehended.

All except for one noticable absence- Megaman, who's face is in the picture, but alone does not have the big red stamp of death on him... In the same spot as Wolverine's picture above.

EDIT: Between Voa and I you get the whole story :D

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Fúck Capcom for not including Megaman.

I'm confused about this, and also sick of hearing people moan about it.

If Megaman is included, and isn't top tier, nobody will care he's there, or use him.

Despite all the Megaman crying, and all the Megaman Legends 3 cancellation crying, nobody cares that the Legends Megaman was playable in TvC.

Advertisement