Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Naphiel wrote: »
    Vergil plays exactly as I expected him to, which guarantees him a spot in my Day 1 team.

Yup, I said the same thing about Strider, but Vergil seems to play more like MVC2 Strider then MVC3 Strider does right now. Im not dropping Dante and I need my Taskmaster assist for Dante teleport shenanigans. Seeing as Vergils teleport is the same as Dantes, and his sword hyper acts like Ouroboros but only costs 1 meter instead of 3, its looking like Vergil/Dante/Taskmaster day 1 for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Most importantly for Doyler- Iron Fist spent time in the New Avengers... that's the Captain America side in the civil war.

He chose his side well I see.
    Il be spoiled for choice in this new game..

Can't wait to iron fist some bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Iron Fist looks pretty cool, I like the look of his moveset. Interesting that he builds up levels like that NeoGaf post said he would, or is that something Iron Fist actually does in the comics and was just a good guess?

Vergil has a few of Dante's moves but a lot of his own, so its all good. His launcher OTG's which looks kinda weird, and that super that summons swords looks cool.

No Phoenix Wright again, the game is out in 2 months come on Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Screw Phoenix Wright.

Show us Nova and Rocket Raccoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'd say the took the moves from a guy who made a vergil in mugen.
    but alot of the moves were also when you could use vergil in DMC3

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What Doyler said, both these characters have the look of solid upper mid tier at the very least. Both of them are getting tested by me on day 1, that's for sure. I especially think Iron fist is looking super strong. I like his moveset a lot.
    Iron fist is totally just fei long under that bandanna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vergil looks really sweet, even has his Beowulf Genocide Cutter. :D

Seth breaks down Vergil and Iron Fist

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/15/umvc3-seth-killian-breaks-down-iron-fist-and-vergil/

Damn!, just when I thought Vergil couldnt get any more sick, can cancel Beowulf Genocide Cutter into teleport so its safe on block ala FADC :eek:, .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pussum

vergil turned out how i wanted/thought he will can't believe I'm buying this because of him
    ps dmc 3 best game evah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

looking forward to play some Iron Fist with Spidey and Deadpool... already have some unblockable set ups in mind. i just hope that Iron Fist's otg assist works just as well as Deadpool's so i can have Deadpool's quickwork assist instead.

also curious on how Nova will play... ive read that he'll be a heavy hitter with beam attacks... only time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Vergil and Dante... oh my days

Also Vergil has a stinger... does he have bold move? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Am I the only one looking forward to Frank West???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Am I the only one looking forward to Frank West???

No

But Nemesis is way better anyway

Team nemesis Sentinel and Dorm

Oh the inhumanity!

Team
    Phoneix wright
    Chris
    Frank west

Team we've got no super powers

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Team
    Phoneix wright
    Chris
    Frank west

Silly man

Phoenix wright as the power of bull***tery!

Evidence or not, He'll convict you of something and object your spoken truths :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Team
    Phoneix wright
    Chris
    Frank west

Pheonix wright can bend the law to his will

Chris has super strength (boulder smashing)

Frank west is immune to a zombie virus and seems to have unlimited patience with people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Nutrient wrote: »
    Silly man

Phoenix wright as the power of bull***tery!

Evidence or not, He'll convict you of something and object your spoken truths :pac:

Phoenix Wright is a defense attorney.

Defense Attorneys don't convict people of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

These Avengers look ready. Nice to see a few Cap buffs here. :D

Doyler01 wrote: »

These 2 look strong imo.

Get hype for the greatest 1 inch punch ever.
    Dormammu style glowing hands too.. Except cooler

Get ready for the mountain of DMC teams and Phoenix wright aided teams:eek:

Also. saw cap's OTG

The combo potential is there alright
    I wonder if that means their gonna make his shield slash assist the low one now, making him an OTG assist character also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I bought MVC3 and rarely touched it outside of combo drilling, found it hard to get into with it's bad online. I'm going to try again to get into it with the release of UMVC3, it looks great.

My team will definitely be Dante, Vergil regardless, and someone else, maybe Strider. I don't know about team order. Does that sound good? I'd like to play that team

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    My team will definitely be Dante, Vergil regardless, and someone else, maybe Strider. I don't know about team order. Does that sound good? I'd like to play that team

Sure, if ya want to call your team "we got no health". Too early to say for Vergil but for Strider in MVC2 and Dante MVC3 you needed a projectile assist like Dooms laser for Dantes teleport shenanigans, and Doom rovcks for Striders chip lock down. It doesnt look like Strider Doom is gonna work like it did in MVC2, with Ouroboros being a level 3 that doesnt deal chip and Doom rocks being his worst assist.

Id love to use all 3 myself but it would be a very high risk high reward team, maybe you could use Dante's weasel shot to setup Strider and Vergils teleports, too early to say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    I bought MVC3 and rarely touched it outside of combo drilling, found it hard to get into with it's bad online. I'm going to try again to get into it with the release of UMVC3, it looks great.

I'd probably pick someone with a good OTG assist so you can extend your combos with them. Maybe Wesker.

but I know feck all about Marvel really.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Dante, and by the looks of things, Vergil definitely don't need an OTG assist. A beam assist to cover their approach would be much more helpful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    Dante, and by the looks of things, Vergil definitely don't need an OTG assist. A beam assist to cover their approach would be much more helpful.

Uh... that's what I meant, beam assist, yeah :D

Actually Ramza if you did want a beam assist character who was also combo intensive Doom is looking to be a serious beast in Ultimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Or possibly dust of your Iron man Ramza. He's looking better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Be careful though, his Iron Man might be, wait for it, rusty!

Thanks I'm here all week, try the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

New theme samples are up on eventhubs.

Loving Riders. Firebrand, Nemesis and Virgils are all pretty sweet as well.

Disapponted in Striders though, they ruined it with all the elecronic nonsense like they did Caps.

EDIT: Listening again Striders theme didn't get it nearly as badly as Caps, it was just my favourite bit that suffered the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Haha, the first 14 seconds of Hawkeye's theme instantly reminded me of the first 20 seconds of this:

No complaints on any of the music. They'll probably grow a bit more on me in time.

Ghost riders theme is pretty sick. I like em all.

• Advertisement

So all the usual top tier guys are getting nerfed.
    whilst dooms dive kick is now on wolverine levels of stupidity

I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW LATVERIAN OVERLORD

Advertisement