Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    inb4 everyone assumes someone else will vote Vergil.

Vergil wins tournament.

I'm not playing Vergil this time

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

I made a video thing:D

This set is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Guardians of the Galaxy debut trailer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I wonder will Nova be in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I wonder will Nova be in it...
    Since those guys running through their rap sheets are wearing Nova Corps uniforms I'd say he'll get a shout out during the movie, or make an appearance post credits. I doubt he'll appear in full otherwise.

ECT 2014

Flux vs Insaynne FT15 (starts at 01:04:00)

part 1 http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/527750284
    part 2 http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/527775880

for anyone who missed it. it was a pretty hype set.

Without a doubt... this will be banned at tournaments...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Not impressed with "Brian"'s attitude about how he eventually disclosed this, but I suppose he's suffered a bad enough rep from the internets that it doesn't come as a surprise.

Done by editing values on a PS3 save file. You copy it onto a USB and fire up an editor called Bruteforce to do it (exactly what you change though wasn't elaborated).

EDIT:
    Here's my first attempt. I think I'm getting close! This kiiinda looks like 3 Wrights.... right?

BpPS-woCEAAtNo0.jpg:large

2gen wrote: »
    Don't see why it should. Three Wrights don't make a wrong. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Vergil x3

Please No
    rgp.gif

Even better abuses of the hack abound!

Skip to 15 seconds in.

Also, here's a full guide from EventHubs: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jun/04/how-select-same-character-three-times-same-team-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

I imagine Crying Brian is doing some serious crying right now after his ultimatum to not show his video went completely ignored and only bought him about 10 hours of exclusivity. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But the game already has 100% TAC combos.

Sairus wrote: »

damn, same pool as NerdJosh :eek:

damn, same pool as NerdJosh :eek:

Yeah, poor NerdJosh.

C0unter wrote: »

Salty Flux after the set!

The tiniest sliver of hope that there could be a future for MvC.

Namco Bandai are making a new marvel brawler. It looks like licensing to outside- and japanese- developers is back on the cards.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/22/bandai-namco-making-new-marvel-fighting-game-full-length-trailer-disk-wars-avengers-ultimate-heroes/

• Advertisement

Sadly, I don't believe Capcom will ever bother with Marvel even if they where given the chance at this stage. Probably won't ever have to come back here again.

I'll just wait for Sm4sh and GGXrd.

Fgi3FP.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Didn't see a thread on VS Fighting, so I'll say it here. Good news: I made top 8 in Marvel on the losers' side! I beat Broodie, Goukifafa & Wooli to make it, but lost to Whiteblack. We got an Irish rep in Top 8 Marvel! <br />

...Who you will not be seeing on stream. Thanks to a tragic mixup on my part, I have to take the early morning flight home instead of a late evening one. At 8:40am, there's not much anyone can do. Wooli will be playing instead, and maybe I'll get a shoutout on stream. <br />

I'm a bit bummed that tonight's games will be the last, and that I won't get to commentate this year, but to be honest the games are so good that I just feel great. The venue really levelled up from last year, and the company has just been stellar! Go FGC!

That's really awesome nevflinn. \o/
    Sucks that you will miss the top 8 though.What happened to the evening flight?

Lee ... explain this!

I was streaming while Aonien and KevinHa were watching. When I finished, people complained, so I said "Don't worry, KevinHa's going to stream right now and figure out the Phoenix Wright TAC infinite."

Then Aonien went ahead and made this video just to spite us all.

*sigh.... this game.... this looks like a Sentinal specific combo.

This should probably be in interesting pictures, but whatever.

Currently Marvel is running a 'Spiderverse' event where every Spider-man from every universe is showing up in some form as a group called the Inheritors is trying to wipe them out from every universe. Usually that means they toss in ten guys plus Spider-ham and call it a day, but they really do mean EVERY version in this event:

dg8myd1rbqjj9yzc97d9.jpg

Seriously, even Supaidaman from the Japanese giant robot power rangers style show has shown up alongside mentions of one Spider-man that looks like Toby Mcguire and another that keeps singing show tunes. It's bonkers.

Reminds me of the comic that Wonder Man was complaining to his acting agent he only got two words in the Avengers video game (it was a real game, made by Data East)

1078536679912866964.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement