Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Just wait until you see my anti-Nemesis tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Naphiel wrote: »

You mean screaming

"OH GOD HES RAPING ME"????

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Naphiel wrote: »

Shoutouts to secret sessions, take that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Oroborous doesn't chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Knew that, been like that since Alpha. Stupid decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Xinkai wrote: »
    Knew that, been like that since Alpha. Stupid decision.

Huh?

I know Strider was in the background of Ken's stage in Alpha 2, but I think you've been playing some MUGEN crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think Xinkai means the Alpha build (from developer notes?) of Ultimate MvC3?

I remember people mourning the loss of their MvC2 chips very early into Striders official announcement.

I think Xinkai means the Alpha build (from developer notes?) of Ultimate MvC3?

I remember people mourning the loss of their MvC2 chips very early into Striders official announcement.

It may not chip but the pressure it can put on someone is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

For the relentless mixup potential with assists + teleporting, it seems like a very logical decision to remove chip. It would take rather godlike blocking to keep Oroboros out.

Lythero wrote: »
    For the relentless mixup potential with assists + teleporting, it seems like a very logical decision to remove chip. It would take rather godlike blocking to keep Oroboros out.

And add level 3 x factor into the mix and good luck blocking for longer than 3 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Got the game for 49c with that Gamestop trade in deal, thanks Kneecap

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Alri Lads,

I am new to marvel. I mean complete noob with a current online score of about 3/14. I really want to get to a stage that I am competitive with this game. Even though I am losing I am enjoying it and love watching all the marvel streams and tourneys etc. I also think that the Irish scene that you all have going there is excellent. I am a long term fighting game fan.

I have been playing fighting games since fighting games began in the arcades. Long before huge combos, juggle/bound systems, come back systems or turn based RPG type elements being introduced into fighting games. The retro fighting games suited my simple brain better. In saying that I have to decided to build a bridge and got over it and have decided to give things a real go with marvel and enjoy the game for all its wonderful overpowernessnessnes. I am a marvel fan as well as retro arcade game fan so the roster gives me a half boner.

No point me going to casuals just yet as people don't make their way into that to waste their time playing a noob.

Is there any chance of somebody with a mic on XBL having a few games with me and running me through the basics and giving me a few tips?

When playing online even though I have the same rank picked I am getting put up against people with hundreds of games under their belts. Makes it very frustrating and more like a game of nba jam (with me being the ball). Does the ranking system work btw?

There is good karma awaiting anyone who can be of assistance. I sent friend requests to the people on the online list. If you did not get one then my gamertag is Plumpynuter.

So I am looking for a Master. In time I will beat the master and will be known as the Master Beater (not the best name I know)

Alri Lads,

No point me going to casuals just yet as people don't make their way into that to waste their time playing a noob.

You could not have this more backwards. We go to casuals to play, not play the best people (thats what tournies are for) Come along and we can see what needs help/teach ya basics.

I don't play online much so it would not be me who would teach ya online but if ya came to casuals I'm sure no one would have an issue teaching ya in a few sets (hell I am currently getting BlazBlue and MK lessons in a way during casuals)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Alri Lads,

I am new to marvel. I mean complete noob with a current online score of about 3/14. I really want to get to a stage that I am competitive with this game. Even though I am losing I am enjoying it and love watching all the marvel streams and tourneys etc. I also think that the Irish scene that you all have going there is excellent. I am a long term fighting game fan.

I have been playing fighting games since fighting games began in the arcades. Long before huge combos, juggle/bound systems, come back systems or turn based RPG type elements being introduced into fighting games. The retro fighting games suited my simple brain better. In saying that I have to decided to build a bridge and got over it and have decided to give things a real go with marvel and enjoy the game for all its wonderful overpowernessnessnes. I am a marvel fan as well as retro arcade game fan so the roster gives me a half boner.

Is there any chance of somebody with a mic on XBL having a few games with me and running me through the basics and giving me a few tips?

When playing online even though I have the same rank picked I am getting put up against people with hundreds of games under their belts. Makes it very frustrating and more like a game of nba jam (with me being the ball). Does the ranking system work btw?

There is good karma awaiting anyone who can be of assistance. I sent friend requests to the people on the online list. If you did not get one then my gamertag is Plumpynuter.

So I am looking for a Master. In time I will beat the master and will be known as the Master Beater (not the best name I know)

come to casuals :) everyone is welcome and you'll level up much faster playing offline games rather than online with slight lag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

2gen wrote: »
    come to casuals :) everyone is welcome and you'll level up much faster playing offline games rather than online with slight lag ;)

OK so. thanks lads. Hope to make it in soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

OK so. thanks lads. Hope to make it in soon

We usually have casuals on Wednesdays and Saturdays from around 2-3pm till closing (10-11pm) at the XGC on Lower Liffey Street, Dublin. (you can easily find it through google maps/streetwise). this Saturday however there will be a tourny at a different location so casuals won't be held on that specific day.

I hate wolverine, but I could not stop laughing at this. Desk is a scary Genie indeed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Possilby the best video I have ever seen.

@Lythero, Chun Li has something similar. In one game I had in XGC I caught someones point and assist behind Chun's legs and carried them the whole way across the screen (I think the pushback forces them into her). It was the most epicly stupid thing I have done in a game which I have only ever tried to behave stupidly in.

Possilby the best video I have ever seen.

Oh my god WHAT A BASTARD

He totally had me too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

So whats the consensus on which team is the cheapest cheesist mofo's around?

Wesker/Vergil/Hawkeye is pretty beastly right now.

Doom is also now a dark and scarry threat, what with that silly aerial S being a hard knock-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Currently rocking my team of Ancient Nord Axe of Cold, Gauntlets with 20% one-handed damage Increase , and Dual-wielded Health Regen magicka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Currently rocking my team of Ancient Nord Axe of Cold, Gauntlets with 20% one-handed damage Increase , and Dual-wielded Health Regen magicka.

Puhlease, Random 1-hit KO dagger/healing or nothing

Vampire Cat

:cool:

Lookie who I stumbled across on ranked.

Some people seem quite sceptical about it being Combofiend since he apparently doesn't have an xbox live Gamertag. I'm not so sure, but what are your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Lythero wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bq_IjN4oZw

Lookie who I stumbled across on ranked.

Some people seem quite sceptical about it being Combofiend since he apparently doesn't have an xbox live Gamertag. I'm not so sure, but what are your thoughts?

He tweeted before that he has an impostor on XBL. Guess u found him!

"I cant loze is a beast" vid made me lol hard. Best edit

Doyler01 wrote: »
    He tweeted before that he has an impostor on XBL. Guess u found him!

Hoho :rolleyes:, that's a shame, but good to know! Thanks Doyler

• Advertisement

Advertisement