Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

So, yeah, some Neo Empire chaps got this info dump for pheonix wright. The multiple modes thing seems interesting as a concept, throw out shield, build up evidence, go into courtroom mode and then combos, or just use courtroom to combo.
    Also, his 10-12 second lvl 3 (compared to the 6 seconds of say, Dorms lvl 3) Seems nearly justified by having a silly silly 600k damage, with full screen OTG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Seth Killian had an interview with someone at Comic Con where he said the stage didn't mean anything. It was purely put in as a (really awesome) homage to the cover DooM linked.
    He said that they knew by putting it in the rumors would go mental, but they didn't mind.

I know it's an exercise in futility believing anything anyone at Capcom ever says, but Seth did seem pretty adamant that the wanted list meant nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm confused about this, and also sick of hearing people moan about it.

If Megaman is included, and isn't top tier, nobody will care he's there, or use him.

Despite all the Megaman crying, and all the Megaman Legends 3 cancellation crying, nobody cares that the Legends Megaman was playable in TvC.

I think it's because he's Capcom's mascot.

Yet where's everyone clamoring for Captain Commando! The company is the first letters of his first and surname! :D

Sairus wrote: »
    Seth Killian had an interview with someone at Comic Con where he said the stage didn't mean anything. It was purely put in as a (really awesome) homage to the cover DooM linked.
    He said that they knew by putting it in the rumors would go mental, but they didn't mind.

I know it's an exercise in futility believing anything anyone at Capcom ever says, but Seth did seem pretty adamant that the wanted list meant nothing.

Don't believe it for a second tbh. I saw him saying there was no comeback mechanic in SFxT straight faced.

You know this trolling of the scene is going to come back to haunt Capcom some day when they do have some hyper serious announcement to make and people don't trust it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

If Megaman is included, and isn't top tier, nobody will care he's there, or use him.

Despite all the Megaman crying, and all the Megaman Legends 3 cancellation crying, nobody cares that the Legends Megaman was playable in TvC.

True, also sick about ppl moaning about megaman now. I want megaman as much as the next guy. Actually I only want Megaman X. I don't want the one from mvc2. I'm pretty sure most people want X over origanal and legend, from the votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Also, the more I see of Nova, the more I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yet where's everyone clamoring for Captain Commando! The company is the first letters of his first and surname! :D

Capcom already did the ultimate fanservice there: They made him a girl and put him in a tight fitting shirt.

Marvel-vs.-Capcom-3-C.-Viper-and-Storm-Added-to-Character-List.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Megaman was a really cool low tier character in MVC2 and had quite a few dedicated players, I think he'd work well in MVC3 and might make keepaway teams quite a lot stronger if he was even somewhere mid-tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

im reading the "Gameplay change notes for UMVC3" at eventhubs and i come across note 7...

"Note 7: It will no longer be possible to block during an air dash"

they just royally f*cked spidey in the ass with this one and i cant help but feel extremely pissed... he has gone down from mid tier to low tier due to the fact this game will be more focused on keep away/zoning...

*sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

screen says take that!
    he says take this!

HOW COULD YOU SCREW THAT UP
    other than that i welcome him to my team

• Advertisement

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/15/heroes-and-heralds-mode-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom/

What the hell direction is capcom going with all these customizable attributes modes

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/15/heroes-and-heralds-mode-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom/

What the hell direction is capcom going with all these customizable attributes modes

Ahahaha. Glorious.

Cards you collect offline.
    Marvel vs capcom 3 Trading card game.
    well guys
    we should play TCG at the tourneys now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I was a little gutted when Phoenix got dropped from the Tatsunoko vs Capcom roster at the last minute, and his inclusion may actually get me on board with the MvC3 once and for all, which I held off expecting an antiquating update in a perilously short amount of time. Sadly, my cynicism's justified for once. I may sink some change into uMvC3, if my re-iteration senses don't tingle immediately. I've actually got KOF XIII too, Winter's looking rosy, really.

Well, it's a seperate mode, as long as the cards aren't DLC (not convinced) it'll be a fun little aside.

Well, it's a seperate mode, as long as the cards aren't DLC (not convinced) it'll be a fun little aside.

When I first saw it I thought it'd just be the same as SFxT's is looking to be: increased damage/defense/etc. After seeing this video however they're clearly putting a more Marvel twist on it:

Blowback>Wallbounce from X-Factor? Invisible characters? Fireball invincibilty? Parrying?
    Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Very classy way to reveal the parrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I think the cards in Marvel look excellent. As long as its just a separate mode then why not?

When I was 12, playing X-men vs Street Fighter, I would have absolutely flipped out at a mode like this. Looks like fun.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Absolutely loved the parry reveal. Can we get the Marvel team to go slap some sense into the SFxT team please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Seriously, they should just rename Heroes and Heralds "drunken casuals mode" because that's really all it's going to be and that's a good thing. I can't wait to play around with all the cards and such. As long as it's not DLC, the completionist in me is going to love jumping through all their silly hoops to get the cards.

Imagine someone parrying Skrulls Inferno or the beam Hypers. Sounds cool.

Imagine someone parrying Skrulls Inferno or the beam Hypers. Sounds cool.

Oh god, parrying anything from Zero makes my brain hurt just to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

wtfbenson wrote: »
    Seriously, they should just rename Heroes and Heralds "drunken casuals mode" because that's really all it's going to be and that's a good thing. I can't wait to play around with all the cards and such. As long as it's not DLC, the completionist in me is going to love jumping through all their silly hoops to get the cards.
    It's FREE dlc.

Yeah, should have clarified there. As long as the cards are free and not DLC, I'm totally down with it. I get that the mode is free dlc. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The cards are not free, at least not all of em.

This. is. Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Only watched the Heroes and Heralds trailer now.

This basically makes UMvC3 into the most Western version of Jump Superstars/ Jump Ultimate stars series.

With playable characters, assist characters, and ability bestowing cards, they're almost identical as games from a mechanical standpoint.

Is it just me or will the air dash changes make the zoney characters more powerful?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Probably, Capcom did say they wanted to bring some variety to the playstyles, instead of the game just completely focusing on rushdown. It's not a change people are happy about though since it nerfs a lot of character's mixup game.

• Advertisement

GorySnake wrote: »
    Probably, Capcom did say they wanted to bring some variety to the playstyles, instead of the game just completely focusing on rushdown. It's not a change people are happy about though since it nerfs a lot of character's mixup game.

I can understand that, for me it means I can't rush in blindly scrubbing out with Chun the way I used to, which to be honest is a good thing.

Advertisement