Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Azza, your smiley is not half as cool as this Hype image.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/coolhz.jpg/]coolhz.jpg[/URL]

Capcom are really the king of scabby when it comes to DLC:

320 points for the following packs:

Nov 22 - Rising Dead Pack (Jean Grey, Ghost Rider, Frank West, Nemesis)
    Dec 06 - Evil Twin Pack (Spider-Man, Deadpool, Hsien-Ko, Vergil)
    Dec 20 - Ancient Warrior Pack (Hulk, Magneto, Arthur, Firebrand)
    Jan 10 - Brawler Pack (Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Haggar, Spencer)
    Jan 17 - Femme Fatale Pack (Storm, X-23, Morrigan, Chun Li)
    Jan 17 - Villain Pack (MODOK, Super Skrull, C Viper, Wesker)
    Jan 17 - New Age of Heroes Pack (Dr Doom, Sentinel, Strider, Akuma)
    Jan 24 - Animal Pack (Wolverine, Rocket Raccoon, Amaterasu, Felicia)
    Feb 07 - Weapon Expert Pack (Taskmaster, Hawkeye, Zero, Trish)
    Feb 21 - Viewtiful Strange Pack (Dr Strange, Dormammu, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, Tron)

or

March 06 - Value Pack (All 48 costumes for $20.00 / 1600 MSP)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Where's ma Shuma costume? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sairus wrote: »
    Where's ma Shuma costume? :(

Sairus, I believe that his and Jill's alt are unlocked by default when you buy the characters in UMvC3. So, if you already have them and they are imported in or you buy for UMvC3, you'll have access to them straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Got my copy.

€35 in HMV

I didn't get a chance to check around more thoroughly, but there are NO stock problems for this like there were for AE. Dummy boxes have been around for ages.

HMV also assured me they were the cheapest brick and mortar, which I'm inclined to believe.

Cheapest brick and mortar for day 1 games are usually HMV or Smyths (with a loyalty card).

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Got my copy.

€35 in HMV

I didn't get a chance to check around more thoroughly, but there are NO stock problems for this like there were for AE. Dummy boxes have been around for ages.

HMV also assured me they were the cheapest brick and mortar, which I'm inclined to believe.

Cheapest brick and mortar for day 1 games are usually HMV or Smyths (with a loyalty card).

Sorry man, €30 in gamestop this morning! PS3 and 360

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sorry man, €30 in gamestop this morning! PS3 and 360

Cool, I had a HMV giftcard so I was going to get it there anyway.
    Gamestop being cheapest without trade-ins is pretty unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Gamestop didnt deliver it for me today, dickheads.

RRP is 30.00 for this lads. Smiths had it for 50 and I got it in Gamestop for 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

bush wrote: »
    Gamestop didnt deliver it for me today, dickheads.

They delivered to me today. Also did anyone else get it for 25 euro or was it a Bourke only discount? :cool:

Got it for 20 in gamestop with original mvc3 as a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Was 40 in game, bit of a ripoff but it was the handiest place to pick it up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From today, Wesker looks as tippy top as ever, and cap looks LETHAL in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Top 8;
    1 Ark
    2 DarkTalant
    3 Voa
    4 Aaron
    5 Dreddy
    6 Paul
    7 Doyler
    8 Doom

EDIT
    No idea what this naphiel chap is on about none what do ever
    >.>
    <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Conor B was actually Aaron, he just came late and took his place since Conor left.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Voa wrote: »
    No idea what this naphiel chap is on about none what do ever
    >.>
    <.<

God Voa, I leave you to run the second half of a small society tournament and you hash stuff up...

Also, DoC Ultimate tomorrow, if today is anything to go by, will be HYPE AS HELL. Expect one hell of a lot of 'OBJECTION's being yelled at top volume!

Naphiel wrote: »
    Conor B was actually Aaron, he just came late and took his place since Conor left.

Lol, was Conor the guy who ran away because he got scared of being beasted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Still no Heroes and Heralds mode. It would have been nice if the new costumes were included(unlocked) in the disk, instead of making us pay for them but this is Capcom. Some good tweaks though.

Capcom never said it would be available on the disc, but they've always said it would be free dlc later on.

This should be no suprise to anyone who's been playing fighting games for the last couple of years, every disc released capcom fighter's had an extra bit of DLC released 2-3 months after the main game with some stealth balancing included to balance the most obvious stuff people have found (expect Wesker to lose his speed and damage up imo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

As much as Im loving the game so far, having to mash supers for extra damage is a joke :mad:, especially if you want to DHC from one to another and still get all the damage.

Little tip though, as much as I hate using macros I found setting 1 button to L + M + H and another to Assist 1 + Assist 2 and just mashing those helps a lot (and you never accidentally pop your X-Factor), course it also means I have to use a totally new layout to what I did in Vanilla MVC3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Stupid change, I dont know if anyone even wanted it back in

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Is it just me or does the netcode still suck terribly bad? I upgraded my internet a few weeks ago and have been playing AE with no issues whatsoever but it seems like even the simplest of combos get dropped online. Random slowdowns galore. Such a bummer, I was hoping online would actually be somewhat worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

wtfbenson wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the netcode still suck terribly bad? I upgraded my internet a few weeks ago and have been playing AE with no issues whatsoever but it seems like even the simplest of combos get dropped online. Random slowdowns galore. Such a bummer, I was hoping online would actually be somewhat worth playing.

about 5% better which means it's still ****

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Handy video about pushblock and how it can help you against some cross ups.

It's still easier said then done though.

very odd: ranked players don't appear in your 100 last met list. but player match players do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

very odd: ranked players don't appear in your 100 last met list. but player match players do.

Very odd, sums up the whole online side of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

If anyones been messing around with Pheonix Wright, could somebody tell me has a better OTG than M-maya L please? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Xinkai wrote: »
    If anyones been messing around with Pheonix Wright, could somebody tell me has a better OTG than M-maya L please? :/

There is no kind way for me to tell you this: You and I have our work cut out for us.

Order in the Court counts as an OTG though. Perhaps consider an assist to make it easier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

All about that Nemesis tech.

Advertisement