Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

It's not keeping me from playing, Dreddy. On the whole, it's just a shame that the metagame in Marvel is so narrowly relegated to a handful of characters, to the point that most of the roster is or is becoming irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's been that way since close enough to the release of vanilla though, the characters are just different ones now. That's always how it's going to be with a vs. game really; even if they rebalance it it's likely going to be the same deal just with a different set of characters at the top.

There's always going to be power gaps, sure, but the gaps need not be so wide that more than half the cast is unusable. Granted, a team oriented game such as this one would be harder to balance than a 1v1 or even something like SFxTK, but it couldn't be impossible, could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

None of the cast is "unusable" though. It's just that if you're interested in playing competitively and winning, other characters will fit what you're trying to do with any given lower tier character better, usually.

I don't think the game is badly balanced, and people are still finding out new stuff pretty often it seems to me. I would like to see the infinites removed etc. though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

3 hours of Yipes vs Bum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    None of the cast is "unusable" though. It's just that if you're interested in playing competitively and winning, other characters will fit what you're trying to do with any given lower tier character better, usually.

I don't think the game is badly balanced, and people are still finding out new stuff pretty often it seems to me. I would like to see the infinites removed etc. though at least.

It's way more balanced then Vanilla thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Indeedy. Low-tiers really don't do that bad since they often have a trick or two up their sleeve. Fighting against the uninitiated is a cake-walk with Wright.

Still, I'd love it if they at least attempted to re-balance it again.

Lythero wrote: »
    Indeedy. Low-tiers really don't do that bad since they often have a trick or two up their sleeve. Fighting against the uninitiated is a cake-walk with Wright.

Still, I'd love it if they at least attempted to re-balance it again.

Quit teasing us with your broken-tier characters

attachment.php?attach_id=0521966b93e54a4e5f79b5443b0044e1&mid=mid.1363921779640%3A4824402104a9fe4318&hash=AQCSqMsfeYKKx8pS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/b/380657544?t=22m40s

Yipes V Tokido, some good games to be seen. Annoying commentary though

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

D4RK ONION wrote: »

thanks for that onion :) yipes dante is always cool to watch. also that cross up freeze shot is sneaky sneaky stuff.

btw it may be irrelevant in this thread but daigo vs valle mirror match is always hype :). their 3rd strike ken mirror match was badass :p

vooo-vomerang

C0unter wrote: »

vooo-vomerang
    You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself foot-dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Viscant gave Lythero a big shoutout on the http://www.twitch.tv/sandiegofgc/old stream - he hopes for a chance to play you offline sometime!

Thanks for the headsup, Flinn. I got to talk to him while he was looking at the chat xD

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Dat commentary made me Kreygasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I was Stream monstering up that Chat. Thick Asians And Juri Feet <3
    kreygasm.png

Some nice stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

All my hate for marvel is summarised in the first game

• Advertisement

Hot damn, Final Round is delivering this weekend. Check out twitch.tv/teamsp00ky if you haven't already! :D

This is so true! Lets go Moonz ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)7

Poverty Chat > http://www.twitch.tv/chat/embed?channel=nycfurby&popout_chat=true

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Hot damn, Final Round is delivering this weekend. Check out twitch.tv/teamsp00ky if you haven't already! :D

woop woop thanks for this my weekend is set :D

So Kinderparty showed up in Curleh Mustache, and every comment related to Arthur went like this:
    "Oh, he's useless without the gimmick."
    "He's hopeless on his own."
    "What's he supposed to do against Doom?"

...I need to find time for tournaments.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So Kinderparty showed up in Curleh Mustache, and every comment related to Arthur went like this:

I'm pretty sure all these sentences are true...

Arthurs poo

Next Marvel topic...

xamwd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Kreygasm.

563724_495489097184931_327460666_n.png

Omg curly mustache was so good.So many good matches,too bad it was best of 1.Best of 5/3 single elim would have been better imo.Chris G ascended to a new level during that last set.That dominance was so ****ing hype.Had a smile across my face the entire set(s).

Theme of the weekend.

• Advertisement

C0unter wrote: »
    Theme of the weekend.
    I actually had that playing during the Curleh Mustache grand finals and it was so very fitting.

Advertisement