Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Balance suggestions part 3

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

@ 1.58 for all you skrull monsters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

MrHorse wrote: »

@ 1.58 for all you skrull monsters :)

Rubeks is so gdlk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Q3jHoyf.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Fergus_ wrote: »

you going to start playing Spidey then? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Nah video just had hsien Ko, also I didn't know Doom could get a full combo off Hsien's grab, that's cool.

Balance suggestions part 4

-Dante
    -Frank
    -C.Viper
    -Magneto
    -Firebrand
    -Super Skrull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Yo 2Gen you can stop trying to do them Doom TAC infinites because Spidey has one now. :D

Yo 2Gen you can stop trying to do them Doom TAC infinites because Spidey has one now. :D

Who says I haven't already been working on this :p its quite tricky to connect the Ms after the two web zip OTGs to lift them up but the player Xero (the guy who uploaded this video) responded to my question saying its easy enough to pull it off in a real match. So now that my exams are over, I can focus on this. Hopefully I'll get it soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

i was talking to the lads about this from the casuals yesterday. i dunno if any1 already posted but i post anywayz :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Damn, that's crazy! Gotta go try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So I was watching a few games of Marvel there and saw a Phoenix tearing the **** out of team after team. Often it would have player 1 with 3 characters alive and the other guy just with Dark Phoenix.

Is there any particular reason player 1 should not just block until Time Out on a 1 pixel Phoenix in that situation? I know she can do a ton of chip, but I can't image her being able to do 3 characters worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    So I was watching a few games of Marvel there and saw a Phoenix tearing the **** out of team after team. Often it would have player 1 with 3 characters alive and the other guy just with Dark Phoenix.

Is there any particular reason player 1 should not just block until Time Out on a 1 pixel Phoenix in that situation? I know she can do a ton of chip, but I can't image her being able to do 3 characters worth.
    I think the joke is that they're TRYING to block. :pac:

Regular Phoenix can still do damage and mixups (and has an easy Xfactor infinite).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Sairus wrote: »

Phoenix without going Dark has good mixups and convert off almost any hit into a Touch of Death with the use of level 3 x-factor without spending a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

She's got an overhead, but it's hardly the fastest, plus she can't teleport behind you so long you're in the corner.

It's still always an option that should be considered if you have the characters for it. All my team used to have double/triple jumps, so I just hopped all over the stage till the timer ran out.

Videos by Fchamp and ShadyK on fighting and playing Vergil.

C0unter wrote: »

Videos by Fchamp and ShadyK on fighting and playing Vergil.

FChamp forgot to mention that you can react to Vergil's teleports by looking at the lines of the animation to know where he is going to reappear and that you can totally react to Rapid Slash. does this make him a fraud? ....... .... ..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

tumblr_inline_mgv1q0thfP1rbw4b5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BMyDG8KCUAACXPo.jpg:large

Now to find the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Now to find the artist.
    Your Google-fu is weak.

http://imskeptical.deviantart.com/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Recent actual Marvel comic book cover:

fearlessfighter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

The fearless defenders?

Fergus would definitely play that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Before I leave for Turkey tomorrow,

Is that Ben?

Nutrient wrote: »
    Before I leave for Turkey tomorrow,

Is that Ben?

213.png

More vids from Fchamp,this time on punishing vajra and vajra+teleport.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Wh1teBl4ck took first in Marvel at Next Level over Chris G!!

1st Wh1teBl4ck
    2nd Flux
    3rd Chris G

Apparently there was major salt. Right before Evo and all. Less goooo

http://nextlevel.challonge.com/NLBC26UMVC3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

A major upset in Marvel? Awesome.

Wh1teBl4ck was uber-cool in Cannes. Hope he's figured something out so it wasn't just a one-off.

Probably mean of me to say, but I'd love to see said salt.

Advertisement