Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That Lythero, always fraudulently putting up videos recording stuff he actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

The thing is, I do upload videos of me losing, and even getting perfected :C

But yeah, there's definitely a whole lot more hate going 'round in gamefaqs and gamespot threads discussing "how good do you think Lythero is?" topics.

The general consensus is: I'm ****, but make entertaining vidjas. I can live with that.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the denizens of sites like event hubs or gamefaqs think man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    But yeah, there's definitely a whole lot more hate going 'round in gamefaqs and gamespot threads discussing "how good do you think Lythero is?" topics.

Who do you think started those topics?

pew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse

UK Marvel, go download for Cannes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Fergus_ wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse

UK Marvel, go download for Cannes.

we dont download in Ireland. We attack

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Doyler01 wrote: »
    we dont download in Ireland. We attack

I think we've found the problem >_<

We attack and we DESTROY!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I think we've found the problem >_<

Our problem is a severe lack of Hsien Ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Our problem is a severe lack of Hsien Ko.

Ireland may not have the greatest Marvel players in the world but at least we are not tier whores. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ireland may not have the greatest Marvel players in the world but at least we are not tier whores. :P

Thats nothing to ride home about:/

I was like that once, ruffling about with low tiers
    Now I'm an unscrupulous tier whore

Most of UK is free anyway, can only think of 2 people that outplayed me and rest were mistakes on my part
    I'm not grilling them, they've got some great players, just not as many good players as their AE community has

Learn Vergil Doom and Morrigan mu's and you can't lose to the majority of em :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Ireland needs more Frank West.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

best of luck for cannes lads :)

its happening at march 1 -3 yeh?

Still very new to the whole tournament scene, so take this with a pinch of salt:

I'm convinced that a lot of the players over at SvB banked a large part of their strategy on mind games. Some high level players like HowToRead were really pleasant to talk to and play against, but at least half of the other gamers were geared with pulled over hoodies, over-sized headphones and even bandanas.

I've watched Doom's uploads where the Irish FGC will mention composure during commentating and state how important it is. I didn't really see the point until after SvB. When I was playing against someone who at first acted like an mlg-pro-athlete for e-games, and then lost all nerve after the first 1 or 2 matches, it was surprising how predictable they became.

So I guess the only advice I'd have is: if they have that "unbeatable" demeanor about them, don't think about it too much. Cause they'll probably start ****ting bricks if you put up a half-decent fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

but at least half of the other gamers were geared with pulled over hoodies, over-sized headphones and even bandanas.

Those bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This was a reply to Nutrients post, which he has deleted(I think).

Never mind.

Sairus wrote: »
    Those bastards.

I can't even BEGIN to say how intimidated I was, man :(

least I'll have backup in Cannes xD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Your hakama were more intimidating!

Still very new to the whole tournament scene, so take this with a pinch of salt:

I'm convinced that a lot of the players over at SvB banked a large part of their strategy on mind games. Some high level players like HowToRead were really pleasant to talk to and play against, but at least half of the other gamers were geared with pulled over hoodies, over-sized headphones and even bandanas.

I've watched Doom's uploads where the Irish FGC will mention composure during commentating and state how important it is. I didn't really see the point until after SvB. When I was playing against someone who at first acted like an mlg-pro-athlete for e-games, and then lost all nerve after the first 1 or 2 matches, it was surprising how predictable they became.

So I guess the only advice I'd have is: if they have that "unbeatable" demeanor about them, don't think about it too much. Cause they'll probably start ****ting bricks if you put up a half-decent fight.

I've been to Cannes a few times now, and almost without fail, if a guy is doing that stone faced crap (in groups)before a match I know I've won. I just give them a big, gormless smile which I hope puts the thought in their head "this guy is too stupid to understand what I am doing". SF is a bit different to Marvel though in that I can risk a stupid flash kick in the early goings against most characters and not jeapordise the entire match if it doesn't land. Regardless, the other guy has "online warrior" in their head and will be more reticent to apply wake up pressure, even later in the match when I will be trying to play much safer. Doyler referred to this in one video as "applying just the right amount of crazy". Another option for them is they will go for (difficult) safe jumps, thinking I will try and flash them. Which of course I won't.

Note- this is a very different thing to someone who's serious and focused about a game, it's a form of intimidation and newer people will know when it's being tried on them. Laugh it off if it does happen.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Doing nothing is the best mind game. People go insane if you do nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

doing nothing reminds me of a bruce lee quote i think its - ''the art of fighting without fighting'' :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

LjpWeWm.png

Too too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

For Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

C0unter wrote: »
    For Aaron

Thanks for this, sucks i can't actually practice at all :( looks like a mad fun team.

stupid 0 frame thc.

Oh dear.

I just saw those videos. Hilarious tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That Iron Man/She Hulk nonsense was one of the best videos for Marvel I've seen in a long time. Really great the way he shows so many variations on the same theme, inputs and situations in one solid 'combo'.

Also, how new is that blocked hyper DHC anti-air grab tech? Can others do it, or just Iron Man with the AA cannon?

Same folks uploaded these vids too for those who haven't seen.

Which led to this one...

Particularly interested in the latter. As it should work with my team, though it's not a guaranteed grab (I don't think), more a very strong mix up/set up.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Also, how new is that blocked hyper DHC anti-air grab tech? Can others do it, or just Iron Man with the AA cannon?

Normally you are throw invincible on incoming until you land unless you press a button but people found out that you lose the invincibility if you block anything.This was know since vanilla which is why you can see sent do meaty j.s dash grab,spencer do late j.h dash a.a throw etc.Don't know why it took so long for people to try the the same thing with spiderman/shulk.The blocked hyper dhc is the exact same principle.

Advertisement