Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I always thought that Chris G looks like Tommy from Power Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

C0unter, I think it's about time I gave you some pointers on how to become a true Dante master.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Wow, I actually get to post some breaking news for once! Twitter has its uses! http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/01/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-patch-announced/
    Don't forget to check the date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wow, I actually get to post some breaking news for once! Twitter has its uses! http://shoryuken.com/2013/04/01/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-patch-announced/

I hate April 1st :c

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

HURRRRR APROL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I just went to the training room and followed your advice, Lee - it worked like a charm! I'd always been worried about the amount of work I heard Dante took, but to know it's just three five easy commands is great. Thanks man!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Aprils fools jokes arent funny when its stuff people actually want...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Aprils fools jokes arent funny when its stuff people actually want...
    Any little bit of extra awareness is always a good thing. 'Sides, it's Marvel, I thought we'd be conditioned to salty humour by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Viscant wrote:
    The difference is that Phoenix in vanilla was an idea. She was more of an idea than a character to be mastered. There was definitely some amount of skill to playing the character; my Phoenix was trash before Clockw0rk pulled me aside after beating me at a WNF and was like "you gotta stop _________" (throwing fireballs, superjumping after x-factor, tri-jump into tri-jump without feathers). But the character could be learned in a few hours and mastered easily. My method of learning Phoenix was double random, Phoenix on XBL just getting lots and lots of practice doing DP related stuff.

The reason there isn't a second great Morrigan is because Morrigan is the hardest character in the game to play well. Morrigan at this point is more than soul fists, we've pretty much all stopped losing to Morrigans who have a good astral vision pattern but don't attack besides air fireball xx fly xx shell pierce. More people would be winning with Morrigan if they could. I was playing Morrigan for long periods of time in vanilla (you know this). My Morrigan still sucks. I could call out a handful of the people who are actual Morrigan players and their Morrigans suck also. The character is just ridiculously hard to get the most out of. Even Chris has a lot of room to grow as a Morrigan. His x-factor combos are weak, he doesn't infinite nearly as well as Helix does (he rarely even tries), this weekend was the most he's used raw shadow blade in 6 months, etc. He's going to get BETTER.

But that just goes to show how much work this character is. Chris is the best Marvel player and is now over 1 full year at playing this character...and he's not done yet. All the lesser Morrigan players who are just doing stuff they saw Chris do, they're so far behind the curve it's almost not worth talking about. Chris is Morrigan. Morrigan is Chris. Everyone else doesn't count.

Morrigans not named Chris G are currently 0 for Ultimate against me. I am 0 for Ultimate against Chris G. This means something.

Giant Morrigan related blog post going up on the BT blog this Tuesday. It has to be done.

--Jay Snyder
    Viscant@aol.com
    Viscount

C0unter wrote: »
    Viscount

1364949584516.gif

• Advertisement

C0unter wrote: »
    Viscount

yoipy.gif

True as that all may be. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy watching Chris ZZZZ play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Chris is Morrigan. Morrigan is Chris

tumblr_mgl20yABBB1qzt2qao1_500.png

iybu4OLjM4QBI.gif

That's exactly how I feel every time x_x

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My new team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Poo team.

D4RK ONION wrote: »

My new team

Hula-hoop of dildos made my day

Casuals at onions can be summed up with this

0da3ebb0dfdf0d59bb23e532b1448f69.jpg

http://deviantartgear.deviantart.com/art/dA-PRO-Nomad-Bag-252174884

Sale on now for bags

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

photo-main.jpg?1360098452

GGs all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

some bnbs for the "Frank" players

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I saw that Frank vid earlier today. It made me start playing the game again.

tumblr_ml0vhtWXwi1r8z9t6o1_500.png

pB0RlmH.jpg

3sJaoHe.jpg

some balance suggestions from FChamp, ShadyK and Magus

To be honest, I dread to see what changes they suggest for Phoenix Wright...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Remove his ability to discard evidence. Sounds about right

for Eff

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

for eff

for eff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

lol @ this song

Advertisement