Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's cause most supers have way too much blockstun for it to work I think, those hits of the Magneto and IM supers do barely any blockstun so the DHC throw works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

similar idea, but with Spidey and Doom...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Oyvey, I'm actually a fan of windy, rainy weather the likes of which we've been getting - but the obstruction it's putting on my web connection is disastrous for Marvel play. I'm trying to train, but it's...so, bad.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I thought I didn't mind rain either. But this is just getting miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Force_Edge

Some pretty useful OS stuff. Nice music too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Force_Edge wrote: »

I've been telling people to use to this to punish stuff like *gamma charge* wait *super* since ages ago...
    You can do a plink backdash after blocking it and if they super you can just upback during the superflash,if they dont you throw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Force_Edge wrote: »

Using throw since UMVC3 came out :/

Some interesting stuff alongside this though

Guess I can technically say I've collaborated with Infrit and Combofiend then.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

thanks for that OS video :) it convinced me to learn how to plink dash. got it after messing about for 30 mins last nite.

btw lads is doom not allowed to plink dash on flight? when i try to do it that snotty green laser gun comes out :p

found this web page while browsing around the net...

http://pikigeek.com/2011/11/03/not-canon-comic-14-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-what-if/

wishing he made it into Ultimate or hoping he'll make it in a future instalment.
    for those who don't know, he is Anti-Venom (the current Eddie Brock).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Venom#Anti-Venom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I hate the mayor...

ZRPYWl0.png

Pretty basic but usefull video.Easy to forget in the middle of matches.

So with Lee's recommendation on a game capture card (thanks!), I've started recording some matches for youtube. I'm plenty busy these days, so I don't exactly train often, but I try to play when I can. Enjoy!

(or here)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

C0unter wrote: »

Pretty basic but usefull video.Easy to forget in the middle of matches.

Terrible video I suggest nobody watch it and those who have forget it's contents immediately! >_>

:pac:

more guard break stuff...

Footage of Pushblock screwing up Phantom dance

#t=8m53s

But he didnt pushblock though..
    Phantom dance does that sometimes.Even if he does it in front of you in the corner sometimes he ends up at the other side.

C0unter wrote: »
    But he didnt pushblock though..
    Phantom dance does that sometimes.Even if he does it in front of you in the corner sometimes he ends up at the other side.

He pushed block prior to Phantom dance coming out

Im gonna check this out at some stage, though it may just be as you say

This reminds me of D4rk Onion's SHADY info about Vergil's hyper always crossing you up if he's more than half screen away. Must check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

I think most of ye know who abegen is but i just searched him at youtube and found this awesome dr strange player :D. sorry if sum1 already posted this cos the video is old. The guy seems to be doing an improvised flames loop with the vergil assist but the video is old so I think by now he must be just doing FoF loops instead of this combo.

Abegen got some sneaky guard breaks in there too ;).

• Advertisement

for Fergus, some good Chris play.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

2gen wrote: »

For Bento, some good Skrull/Frank play.

Fixed your post. :p

gdlk play

For Onion, more of that Modok/Strange/Doom team.

Dr Strange

Modok

and Dr Doom.

the Doom video is crazy. very original which is awesome. its sick how some of his solo Doom combos are combos/ideas i've been experimenting with but just so much better.

I'm watching the PS4 stream now (twitch.tv/playstation) and the stream monsters just won't stop asking when's Marvel...

2gen wrote: »
    For Onion, more of that Modok/Strange/Doom team.

and Dr Doom.

the Doom video is crazy. very original which is awesome. its sick how some of his solo Doom combos are combos/ideas i've been experimenting with but just so much better.

I liked his favorite combo

Was quite clever with Down TAC for the Ground bounce

Might be 1 maybe 2 combos that are probably doable in match and worth the damage, swag stuff

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I'm watching the PS4 stream now (twitch.tv/playstation) and the stream monsters just won't stop asking when's Marvel...

Well at one point they said fighting game so I felt obliged to ask.

6m39s

It's not just us

Is that you Nevflinn?

BD4yWL9CMAAX5Sn.png:large

• Advertisement

Verily, my good man, you have identified me. I must confess on my half-day off of my exhausting labour I felt inspired to visit today's tournament to rejuvenate my mind. Naturally, though I am certain there was stimulating competition in the likes of "Breasts or Alive 5", I yearned to observe my virtual competition of choice.
    Though it seems that by doing so, I have announced my existence to the wildlings of the stream. Hrhm, this might be a sticky wicket.

Advertisement